Tree of Savior Forum

World bosses controlled by 20-30 players + suggestions how to fix it

good feedback :smiley:
One thing i think need to be corrected would be its kinda ridiculous to get the item set (like legwyn armor set) if you reduce the drop rate AND the spawn rate of the boss

If player keep away world boss for themselves and another seen it as not fair why wonā€™t make the server announcement every time boss will be spawn like ā€œThe soul of Durahan has been gatheringā€ 10-15 minute after the event has been triggered. In fact there no any solution to these because another problem will be ā€œarcher dps too high plz make more dropā€ .
donā€™t go too hard on me i donā€™t want a problem

this is a nice suggestion, however there will probably still be no place for swordies in such a partyā€¦

bad suggestion i think probably this will lead to 5 man dps partys ā€¦ and will screw over supports and swordies ā€¦

The case of 5 dps parties already happens, except because theyā€™re all the top solo dps, no other parties get cubes.

With the new suggestion, the next few parties can also get cubes even if they only did like 5% of the bossā€™s total hp while the top dps party did 90%+. Supports buff up players giving them more damage so I donā€™t know why they wouldnā€™t want them in party. When you say swordies, Iā€™m assuming you mean tanks since there are a lot of damage build swordies out there as well, tanks are still useful in keeping the bossā€™s aggro so that the dps doesnā€™t get hurt or die which will actually cause the party to lose their cubes.

Why not just make open PvP and PK a thing? If you see someone trying to do the same boss your guild wants to make, just beat them to death and claim the spot, like in the old times.

Inb4 ppl saying that ToS devs didnā€™t allow open PvP/PK for a certain unknown reason.

Yeah and im guessing ā– ā– ā– ā–  everyone who is playing on a defensive or support class. Pretty bad idea. gz.

Lol its not about killing. Everyone can get it, so long as there are arenā€™t other people there to take the drops.
Which basically sums up as ā€œOh great other peopleā€¦ā€

Well i think its better to count the best dps from each party ones and exclude the other ones so the boss drops always for 5 partys except solo player manage
to out dps partys.
25 cubes is not that bad if u add a minor cube or a cube shard for the rest who did something i would appriciate this too maybe this one canā€™t drop the toptier loot but still something.

ktos updates: Upon Acquiring a Boss Cube from a Field Boss, The player will now receive a debuff [Cannot Obtain Field Boss Cube] This debuff lasts 8 Hours. ā†’ The timer for this debuff will only decrease whilst you are connected, it will not deplete whilst you are offline. ā†’ Debuff time does not stack.
During this time, you will be unable to receive a boss cube from field bosses.
Whilst under the effects of the debuff, your efforts in the Field Boss Ranking system will be excluded.
If a character in a party is hunting Field Boss Monsters, All party members who obtain cubes will be given the [Cannot Obtain Field Boss Cube] Debuff. Even if you join a new party with someone who does not have the buff and help them kill a Field Boss, you will still be excluded from being able to obtain a Field Boss Cube. (However, the buff doesnā€™t stack its timer on your character.) The Cube Acquisition debuff will be applied to remaining party members who got a cube and didnā€™t have the debuff.

is this forreals ? then that pretty much fixes it.

Ive no idea where all these ppl get the idea that the boss rewards the Top 5-6 players dafak. Who the f was giving all these inaccurate/unconfirmed info. All these while from bossing since weeks ago, every WB only drops 10 cubes which can easily be seen by turning your DrawActorPersent=1-5 in user.xml and turning off the names. Besides most of the time only 1 or 2 of the parties would be showing off their cubes whenever a boss dies.

So its definitely not Top5-6 else there would definitely be more than 10cubes from the bosses. Hence, its only 2 highest dps parties/10 ppl are able to obtain the cubes for each wb. If some still persist in thinking its top5-6 then nevertheless its only 10cubes, means usually its 2 parties since every party member are given a cube if the group is one of the highest dps dealer.

Donā€™t quote the thread which explains about world boss mechanics, the top5-6 dps mentioned there is said to be just a speculation. Unless these derps who kept saying top5-6 can show some img proof of more than 10cubes on the floor. :wink:

Great to see the changes being done in Ktos, atleast now we know the dev are also aware of this issue. Tho I must say, it could have been done better.:sweat_smile:

well i can be even less
in party every dps counts ā€¦
so if the top 5 are in one party only this party gets drops
they get the cube although i donā€™t knwo if its top 5 or 6 :stuck_out_tongue:
if every of these top dps join a different party it would make 25 cubes ā€¦

Yeah tho ā€œif these top dpsers are in diff party = 25cubesā€ is just the common assumption here which no one has ever confirmed nor posted an img showing 25 cubes on the floor. :cold_sweat:

well never saw this kind of spread
i can tell i often got solo one while 2 partys also got their cubes :stuck_out_tongue:

If only theres some pru koreans who can confirm this lel :joy:
Poked some info that Ktos has just made some bubble ranking indicator for top 7 dpsers in world boss fights. Now only need some confirmation on the amount and how are the cubes distributed. :sweat:

Guild monopolized dullahan boss still not fix, they are there everytime.

1 Like

jup noticed this too, when a world boss would be there even low levels would come and join in the fight. Now itā€™s just a few diks with lvl 280ā€™s jumping it to get all the cubes and bail out instantly.

Terrible.

This is unavoidable because Dullahan is a gimmick boss, not a world boss that can be spawned every 2 hrs at the same spot. Best way is get to know them and maybe theyā€™ll give a party spot. Them seeing you killing mobs to feed the sphere everytime is a plus.

This still doesnā€™t solve the other players who wanted to get the cube because of the limited slots. Some would say World Boss is there to compete. I do agree on that part.

However, to get a win-win, I would suggest to make this a ā€œRaidā€. Similar to an Instanced dungeon. These are the attributes to it:

• You only get to fight the boss immediately. They can add a small gimmick before encountering it.

• There is a limited number of instanced channels available (letā€™s say 3). Until one party completes it, another party can enter. Thereā€™s a time limit on the dungeon so trolling is not possible.

• The portal lasts for a limited time depending on the boss.

• Once a party completes it, they get a debuff that they canā€™t enter the dungeon until the next event for example on Dullah or the 8hrs from WB.

• To make it more interesting, the portal spawn at a random location.

• A party is still needed to complete it.

Camping is still viable for those who want to get in first. The earlier you find it, the less wait time you get.