Tree of Savior Forum

World bosses are such a giant waste of time right now

I’ve attempted 5 of them so far and haven’t gotten anything from them. I wish participation rewards were better because I’m starting to just ignore them. It’s not worth the repair costs and the waste of time I could be spending grinding. At least give me something for participating. I did a lot of damage to the monster, why do I get shafted out of the reward every last time?

/rant

5 Likes

this is badly really true…

i was wondering the same… what is getting the reward based on?

Same with me. Try being in a party next time you fight it because all 4 times I fought them, I did it solo.

Maybe better exp rewards

What if they change to something like this?

3 Likes

Damage done, including your party’s.

IF your whole party dies, however, that number resets so for soloists dying more than once early in the fight will most likely means you’re not getting anything this time.

Which is why many people just invite anyone they can in the fight, both to increases damage done for the party and increases the chance of someone not getting killed in the boss’s lag attack.

@pseudo: Stop dying and/or join parties?

I’ve drawn aggro from bosses in Mauso Chapel numerous times in a party and sometimes I dont get a cube :frowning: I run far away to confirm its targeting me and it does .

That explains a lot of things, mate. Are you 100% sure about the reset stuff?

It’s something told to me by another high level player.

So far, between not having a better explanation myself and my personal experiences with world boss agree with that explanation, I think it’s good enough of a rule to go by.

2 Likes

i get it now, tho it’s sad cause as a priest, i don’t do much dmg… gotta party up

Took us about 25mins and only gave us boss card. Y_Y

when the message pops up: field boss will spawn in a while, exactly how long till it spawns??

From my understanding if you are not in a party you will not get any reward for participating in a boss fight.

Lol. Guys most field bosses’s cube have a 10% drop rate. All this “high damage” needed is false. We had a boss at 1% hp, a guy came hitted him once and he got a cube. Me and my gf who hit him since he was at 100% didnt get anything. Sorcerer explained to us that it has nothing to do with damage, but some field bosses have 10% drop rate.

So does it matter if your in a party or not?

No. At least the one at constructor chapel 2nd floor/basement(the crab) has a 10% drop chance for the cube.

Thanks good to know. Cause i was pissed after we kill one and so many people got a cube and i got nothing. hehe

any people we saying you have to be in a party and blah blah blah

when the message pops up: field boss will spawn in a while, exactly how long till it spawns??

thanks for the tip (with a small touch of sarcasm). The boss I just beat right before writing the rant was killed by like 10 soloists where the boss kept summoning flame walls on me literally every time he did it. I might have bad luck but I was pretty pissed to find my efforts were unrewarded.