Tree of Savior Forum

WORLD BOSS CUBES - Drop Allocation based on threat (poll included)

@Dark-Majin With the system i just proposed you could still farm world bosses as much as you want within your level range. This would just stop high level people from monopolizing low level world bosses. Also the level range could be increased to something like +50. The main thing is to stop 200+ people from farming stuff like the level 20 Deathweaver where no level 20 would ever be able to compete.

When free to play hits. This is basically what all the world bosses are gonna look like: https://youtu.be/l1iQm2QH2fI?t=25s
Hundreds of players stacking on top of one boss. It’s not gonna be fun especially with how bad the game lags when other players are nearby.
(Video is MapleStory Elite Boss farming, hit the boss one time to get loot)
If other games can have this feature of hitting a boss a single time for the full loot then I think TOS can have it as well.

1. make respawn timers random instead of a flat period so people can’t just go to a certain spot after 2 or 4 hours and camp it. This gives everybody a chance, especially favors those who just “come across”.

2. some may hate this but put a daily cap may be feasible here. Make it like any dungeon where you can only kill a certain number of bosses each day. People who have reached their daily limit will gtfo and let others have a chance.

3. as long as you are on the threat meter, you have a chance to get a cube. I mean bosses are going to die anyway. It’s all about participation.

3 Likes

Dullahan armor frags aren’t expensive, you can buy them from market.If you just focus on farming silver, by either farming on demand mats or silver itself, you should be able to make 300-400k/hr at least.
If you are talking about karacha dagger, don’t bother.Only class that benefits from karacha set(with current value on the item) is rogue2+, and backstab is broken as f*ck, for that reason alone I stopped playing my rogue.
You want to upgrade your arde ? Grind 190 dungeon for Venom, or 200 dungeon for mana mana.If you feel like 3 runs are not enough, make alts.With the upcoming changes to team storage,Making alts are even more encouraged.

Before someone says , but karacha gives bonus damage to M size and 11 dex;
Does it worh paying 3m or try to compete with these guys just to get +60 damage to M size(situational) and 11 crit rate? Maybe if you have 3 headgear pieces, with 3 enchant each, with decent rolls of damage and still if you are rich as fck, yeah go ahead.But then if you are at that point, 3m shouldn’t even bother you.

Well… I will consider myself lucky then. My first cube was a single cube where nobody else get cube except me. I mean, I was there to help the lvl 180-190 people to kill the boss and we ended up with 1 cube.

So yeah, the system clearly needs raids/or rework on the drop system.

1 Like

iirc the world bosses only drops 10 cubes which means only 2 full parties with highest dps will get the cubes. I agree this is pretty flawed as well, even Blade and Soul world bosses gives anyone who deals sufficient damage to the boss and its definitely more than 20 ppl getting them. Taking in consideration of the healer/tanks dps issue they should atleast provide more cubes for the rest of the contributors be it parties or solo.

Imagine a decent geared party camped Cerberus for 4-6hrs+++ and suddenly overly geared parties like these(1healer, 4dpsers) just came in and took the cubes effortlessly, leaving the decently geared campers cubeless. lol

This would indirectly promote p2w through selling more tokens or RMT to buy overpowered gears just for the sake of competing and monopolizing world bosses :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Which map offers such a nice income?

I want to know whats your thought about ToS’ cube drop vs. Ragnarok’s boss loot system.

In ToS, we all know top 6 DPS will get cubes and in Ragnarok’s only the top 1 dps can get the loot.

I know this isn’t Ragnarok but I think people are complaining because the material needed they need is within the ToS’ boss cubes.

No hate pls. I’m trying to get your thoughts.

And then they just make their guild go neutral, and keep farming.

Ragnarok is a 14 year old game with many of its own flaws; but it also has items like bloody branches so that you can make your own bosses.

1 Like

In my honest opinion, I really don’t have an issue with this system. If you don’t have the capability and time to keep up with those players that are able to get the item, then it just simply means that. This makes the drop/loot more exclusive, and there will be a value for things. If everyone gets everything easily then honestly, go play a single player game. This is an online game, there are definitely items that will require competition to obtain, and if you can’t keep up, you won’t get the items. Simple as that. This is simply a system that rewards committed players. I am personally not one of them, and I’m totally fine with it. Stop whining.

1 Like

casuality boy hjfkahkjfsahjkfa are you skull knight

on topic, as a full support, haha, the world boss drop system is terrible. But I still think we should give it some time, if the main issue is guilds camping a certain world boss. Like someone else said, it’d be interesting to see a guild end up making enemies and getting pushed out of an area.

Well, of course, there’s the issue of a guild just being neutral and camping there forever hah. Then the only way to force them out would be to try to outdps them when they likely have the better gear from you know, camping there.

I would just like some sort of system that prevents people massively over a world bosses level from monopolizing it. People and guilds should be fighting over world bosses in their level range not preventing sub 100 players from ever seeing world boss drops outside of buying them.

[quote=“Ruki-pie, post:18, topic:217477, full:true”]

For me worldbosses are kinda like a little server event. All different kinds of people come together and fight the evil Overlord Boss to safe the world from harm (dont take away my ilusion please T-T)
[/quote]that illusion is gone. That’s the ideal situation, and it’ll be nice for everyone who does good damage to it gets some reward (like mabinogi’s black/white dragon raid)

But alas, this is a greedy game so we got no place in these stuff~ plus I’m just a little filthy casual cleric, what can I do~

1 Like

As a casual player whose highest is still 127 right now, I really don’t care about the parties that do this. I can just let them no life on it and buy it from them with silver.

Games are for fun! Come with your own party and is their boss if you can.

Also enabling pvp on boss areas would be an even better idea maybe

Oh fk off this game is not for casual, git gud. Let the rich be richer, and the poor be poorer.
Please change the boss drop BibleThump

And also, they just sit around while waiting for the others to finish killing 200 mobs.

lazy bastards lmao

3 Likes

Last but not least, the cube loots are already rng to begin with so doesn’t it sound better if anyone who contributed in dealing decent dmg are able to obtain the cubes as well? “Rewards committed players” doesn’t really apply here since the class system is still not fully balanced yet, means only 2 parties with full highest dpsers (mostly Archer/Wiz) are only eligible in getting the cubes. How bout the rest of the parties which have healers/swordmans, I categorized them as Swordmans because no matter how pure the dps build they have, their dps is still inferior to Archer/Wiz.

It shouldn’t be too tough to fix this issue if they could just increase the leeway in getting the cubes. I don’t agree to those who suggested where everyone can get the cubes just with 1 hit but atleast a decent dps contribution should be enough. Else this is just purely a monopolization by those who have high lvls/ op gears/ with full dps party.

If u believe its easy as to just reroll a dps class(Archer/Wiz) and reach the same lvl of boss, then its just the same issue all over again. Since those who were monopolizing it in the first place will be far more geared through all those earnings unless they got sick of it and stopped hunting world bosses.

Leechers at it’s finest.

I gave up on world bosses in general unless I stumble on an undiscovered one. It’s pointless to even try unless you’re max level and good gear and a good dps build with 4 other players of similar caliber.

2 Likes