Tree of Savior Forum

WORLD BOSS CUBES - Drop Allocation based on threat (poll included)

Well to tell u the truth i have no problem to wake up extra for bosses and fight for them …
If its really wished to compete vs each other i even don’t care if u would have to pvp around thehm …
But i look into this game and think about what can people annoy the most so that they give up and move to another thing…
And a system like that there some of the cooler stuff of this game is only for the dedicated … And discourages people + Some lack of different options.
In the end it don’t matter if i can manage to get all the WB loot for myself if i find myself on a server where only the other 100 Hardcore player are …
Thats the point when i quit anyway.

mfg
Majin

If players are annoyed by this - there are a lot of casual options to choose. What really annoys players is - silly restiction IMC made (because bots simply don’t care much about them, but they hurt players A LOT), constant spam and bot trains, ninja nerfes that stuff never talks about, etc. (so the biggest problem in the game is IMC, not some ingame systems) :slight_smile:

true i would say the biggest problem right now are restrictions , bugs and bots / spam.
But i also see that this game lacks a bit of interesting content …
The missions are boring …
The dungeons are boring …

yeah, but that means lack of interesting content. I can agree with you in this point but not for 100%.
Dungeons and missions in TOS do not mean to be super-funny kind of stuff. The game is focused around constant grinding and dungeons/mission are here just for player to have another way to get drops/silver/exp/whatever_else. But, thanks to IMC again, it is almost impossible to grind in A LOT of locations. :sweat_smile:

Loot issue: system that rewards all aspects of playstyle (dps, heal and tank), maybe threat is a solution maybe it isnt. But Only DPS is BS.
For DPS, i think dealing 5-10% of the boss life in dmg should be enough to grant you a cube. That means around 15DPS getting cubes. Threat should be factored in the dps, but not 100%, just enough to close the gap between swordies and the rest.
For healers and buffers, i have no clue.

Spawn camping issue: cap the number of cubes an account can get per week. This will not only let more people have a chance at cubes, but also regulate the market. While the number of itens in it will remain the same, they will be placed by several diferent players, therefore, avoiding market monopoly by a small group.

Of course, players that spend shitloads of time and dedicate a lot to the game will be against this kind of thing, as it hurts their monopoly. But in the end they are a very small % of the game population.

The only reason i think IMC didnt change the world boss system yet, is because of their small staff and priorities atm.

Also casuals and hardcore are the minority of the game. The semi-hardcore or semi-casual make the majority of the player base, if they go frustrated with the game, it sinks, its a fact.
Take wildstar for instance, they tried to catter for the hardcore, and the game tanked in couple months… You either have suficient audience to place a niche game (which tos doesnt) or you please the majority of your player base.
Also i dont think majority wants players to get a cube for sneezing in the boss, they want fairness.

PS: tos bosses are a joke, they should be more challenging (after they fix frames!)

6 Likes

Well although i m in favor the give casuals more opportunitys to get rewards etc im strictly against limiting the amount u can do …
maybe we hardcore player are just a low % but we are also the first ones who get bored…

That’s pretty much what I wrote as well, I liked GW’s system when your contribution was based on effort rather than DPS. I think that’s the best way. With the current system, even if you’re there, you dont get a drop if you arent being invited to a party, unless you are a huge DD yourself.

I play with Jace often. He is a good man. Nice guy. Very helpful. Please hold your judgements until you meet the guy. He has been nothing but genuine to me.

Keep voting people !

Wow, is this why the party system doesn’t group based around a tank and a healer? Because barely anyone WANTS to play a healer with the way loot is distributed currently? LOL

Yes, it should be contribution not damage, this system is not fair to healer and tanker

One of the problem is the camping, why not just make the bosses (any) spawn on any map randomly of level 150 ~ 200+, that should help with the 24/7 camping.
And while your had it, why not tweak them make them move faster, have a faster atk rotation, make them a challenge.

maybe a percent based system would be good?
like, if you inflict at least 10%(or whatever)dmg on him, you would get something, a cube in that case.
i dunno, i kinda like what you mentioned.

Keep voting guys :slight_smile:

Lets make our voices heard !

Tree of savior was somewhat designed with RO mechanics in mind, except in RO, only 1 person got the loot, (IF any) I think the current system is much more casual than RO. Bossing in most games is almost always meant to be a party thing, making a good party composition will almost always guarantee you a cube, you just have to put in the work if you really want the cube.

Full STR Fletcher
Full Dex Linker 3
Insert Any Priest 3/Chaplin/PD variation build.
Insert 2 more supports

Almost always a guarenteed cube, as the fletcher went full STR so he has lots of stats due to how bonusing works, and also tonns of DEX due to the linker 3 going full dex and sharing his stats with the fletcher. As a result the fletcher has like 500str/500dex, if you dont get a cube, you gotta be pretty fking bad. The dude in the video is a linker 3 full dex iI believe.

why not just use the PvE system into World Boss ?

If players are underlevel, they deal less damage, receive more damage. just apply the opposite of it.

Now try to imagine that being applied. ex;

Lv280 player doing lv115 WB, clearly the gap was there, and having the level system, 280 players will deal less damage, (to be assess by IMC on the % of reduction),thus, receive more damage from bosses.

any thoughts?

That sounds like what Rift does for world bosses if you are over leveled you have to down level to an appropriate level during the fight or you do massively reduced damage.

A change I’d like for Dullahan is that only groups that participated in killing mobs before the boss spawned could get a cube. The rest of the mechanics can stay the same, I don’t really care.

Your mentality of “the ends justify the means” really doesn’t work in real life, and the fact that you can say that proves you haven’t taken a step outside of your parent’s basement since you graduated high school.

A victory for common sense let us rejoice!

1 Like