Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard classes underwhelming

Last question… Rod or Staff? I have +5 Geometry staff but I can’t abuse the jump cast ani-cancel of rod attacks. But the Staves hit harder per swing.

Staff until you get an Arde Dagger. Then rod + arde.

Couple things here.

1. Swordsman is the strongest early game class, period, ESPECIALLY if they go highlander and get the power spike from 2h swords. This does start to taper off eventually.

2. Swordsmen shouldn’t get any bonus to str that wizard’s don’t get to int. Not sure what you are talking about here.

3. You went pyromancer which is a strong class, but a very passive class. you lay down your AoE and hope the enemies stand in it and keep standing in it.

If you wanted actively lay waste to enemies around you i suggest you restart and go wiz3. By the mid 60s you’ll be a fiend with the quickcast attribute maxed and magic missiles.

Wow do you even know the meaning of optimizing?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/optimize

: to make as perfect, effective, or functional as possible

Usually there’s only a few optimized build in MMOs.

Oh but:

cuz:

???

For the stats every few stat points into int you’ll get a free one. So say you are at 60 int and put 1 point in it jumps to 62. For Swordsman that every few level bonus is 3 points. So str 70 jumped to 73, if that makes any sense?

I just wanted to know if the class performed better later I’m not bashing anyone or crying for buffs for the classes I chose.

The bonus is the same for everyone and described in the mechanics guide here:

and here

It has nothing to do with swordsman/wizard, it’s just how the game works. I get my bonus int points all the time…

Nah the bonuses are the same for everyone - they’re just based on how much of that base stat you have at the time. And then there are % bonuses based on what rank class you currently are.

Wiz 3, seeing as how you hate it, let’s not discuss how Wiz 3 just outperform swordman in most occasion, except when tanking.

In dungeon, Pyro clear mob extremely fast with flame ground and fire pillar compared to swordman.

In PVP, Cryo just rekt swordman.

Comparing Linker and a non swashbuckling swordman, I’m pretty sure everyone prefer a linker in party.

If anything, swordman is actually quite useless compared to wizard class now, at least in the first few dungeon.

Of course you don’t go random build and expect yourself to win against a properly built swordman.

Edit: Please don’t compare a class where they are most effective in party with one that’s better as solo.

1 Like

Also, pyro/psychokino used to be a good combination - till they nerfed the fireball + pressure interaction lol.

I’m actually sad to see my favorite Wiz 3 transforming into barbarian of icbt2.

You keep saying things like forcing people into Wiz3… I don’t understand.

There are plenty good builds that don’t use wiz3. Lets say you wanted to be a C3 elementalist and get warlock for rank 7.

You could do this with wiz3

Or you could do something similar without wiz3

or you could do it with pyro instead of cryo.
or you could get runecaster instead of warlock? idk

keep in mind im kinda new to the wizard class so if other think im way off lmk.

My wizard is going to be a summoner, which i hear has less dps, but i dont care.

Honestly though, it’s mostly player awareness. Sure Magic Missile is amazing now and quickcast has better uptime, but wiz3 was always the best choice for ele.

I’m not talking about Elementalist. I’m referring to how Wiz 3 actually bully everyone during questing, just like how Barbarian did it before, except on crazier scale.

Edit: The funny thing is not much people realize this except probably the Wiz 3 player, because Wiz 3 actually destroy the mobs before you reach them, unlike Barbarian who can only ks you after you started to attack.

I totally agree…

1 click = 10 dead.

Oh I get to do it twice

Click again. 15 dead. ok area cleared.

:sweat_smile:

I would say wizard is the most difficult class to play in the game. Such builds like pyro>psycho have no synergy and struggle to survive. However when you get past lvl 100 things start to get better because you get really good skills, try something like pyro>linker>pyro>sorcerer and you’ll see what is a true grinding machine. Also they kinda own pvp because ranged+disables OP.
Git gud

Or play one click Wiz 3 and join the dark side.

Looking back at my icbt2 Wiz 3, the suffering days where I have to sleep the monster for that 1 bounce.

2 Likes

Magic missile is really powerful when you get it, but based on my calculations, higher class skill will eventually meet or out perform magic missile.

Based on Elementalist skills, Hail, meteor, frost cloud will all out DPS (note this is DPS including CD time, not just raw damage) magic missile.

Freezing sphere comes close but is slightly below Magic missile depending on how many target either skills can hit.

Oh sure. Honestly though, i was still beating Barbarians back in cbt. Not for a huge crowd, sure, but i sure drove people off farming spots where you’re waiting on spawns most of the time. :joy:

Sure but Hail won’t do ■■■■ against normal mobs, frost cloud will also miss flying mobs entirely. So MM won’t really stop being relevant (it surely won’t 1shot or 2shot later on though).