Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard classes underwhelming

Here’s my conundrum. I started the game as a Swordsman with zero knowledge of the game, so being the genius I was I thought 3xSwordsman > highlander > 2x Corsair > Ninja would be completely overwhelming. Around 61 I hated seeing every other swordsman massacre everything before I could half hp anything. So I rage quit and made a Wizard which I thought was gonna be completely awesome. I am now 61 on the Wizard also and overall even with a +5 Geometry staff, 3-3x accessories and wiz > pyro > psycho build, my DPS can’t even come close to a crappy 3x swordsman who relies on auto-attack and thrust cause he didnt know thrust was a pile of crap. Wiz is 95% Int build, swordsman is all over the place. STR/DEX/VIT and swordsman has more STR than wiz has Int cause Swordsman gets 3 point bonuses in STR for some reason. Does this change late game? Wizard basic auto attacks 3x as slow as Swordsman melee and hits 1 target whereas Swordsman is AoE. I feel like Wizard is a crapshoot.

Swordsman is a class for new players, yes they’re super strong and easy to play early game but in late game though, all they can do is tank, cuz other classes out damage them, out range and even out AOE them. You’d rather have another cleric or support class than 2 swordmans
This is however only true in team play and high level dungeon, when people have ton of CC and monster magnet skills
Mobs at high level also use magic attack and they hit swordman like a wrecking balls lol

Swordman will never be irrelevent just cus of swashbuckling

So Wizard will get stronger eventually? Cause as of right now it’s severely lacking comparatively. Seems like if you don’t go Wizard 3x for that dumb surespell move you’re just nerfing yourself cause once you take damage your spell interrupts and the cooldown is procced.

Yes wizard will get stronger eventually
Btw go to wizard C3 or not depend on how you want to play, elementalist and rune caster have very long cast time, so you may want them, but it also lost out good combo from Cyro and Pyro (lightning and fire bonus ?)
I on the other hand going Wizard C1 > CyroC3 > LinkerC2 > Feather Foot
Higher burst damage but on lesser targets, those CC/utility are also needed in party

Psychokino is honestly a terrible class for pve - it doesnt put out enough damage to be a DPS class but it also doesn’t support for ■■■■.

What spell are you talking about btw, that gets interupted? If you’re getting knocked back or down that will interupt any spell (even ones with no cast time) despite Surespell, it’s rather dumb.

Psychic Pressure, telekinesis, energy bolt, earthquake, flame ground. All get interrupted and cooldown procced if you take the slightest hint of damage. Psychokino would be absolutely amazing if Psychic Pressure wasn’t insanely close range. Like touching the target or it wont hit anything.

Psychic Pressure yes. Energy Bolt yes if you’re still charging when you get hit. As for the others, they should only be interupted on hits that move you - not just any damage.

Sounds like user error…

My wiz does just fine. Magic missile and quick cast is super awesome now.

I dont want to be forced into pigeonholed cookie cutter 3x wizard just to perform.

The others get interrupted as well. And the damage isn’t really even that impressive on any of them. Every other class is constantly spamming knockbacks pushing targets out of flame ground and the lack of splash damage on basic auto attack is disheartening.

If you don’t want to optimize then don’t complain about other people out-performing you and just play the game?

You’re contradicting yourself.

You want power, but you don’t want to optimize.

When people suggest you to optimize you complain it hasn’t got the diversity you like.

Get a hold of yourself.

2 Likes

Forcing wizard 3 isn’t optimizing?? I’m just asking if there is a shift in late game as of right now the Wizard trees seem very weak.

They really don’t, not by every hit. But yeah Telekinesis and Earthquake are trash. I judge so hard whenever i see a hoe using EQ honestly.

Also “every other class” is probably swordies. They have a lotta knockbacks but also attributes to get rid of those - go figure why 99% of em don’t use those though. They’re a literal detriment to any dungeon party.

What?

ofc wiz 3 is optimized. You get a massive AoE magic missile, a 100% up time +50% damage -50% cast time buff. Also uninterruptible cast for over 20 secs, and sleep that last over 20 secs.

Edit:

ok I read your other post now. So you want to get other classes but not Wiz 3 but perform like wiz 3.

I suggest you to play with a tank so you don’t get interrupted.

Fire Wall and Fire Pillar worth spending skill reset potion on? Fireball is good solo but in dungeons everyone melees it out of range lol

Yeah the Fireball situation is honestly really sad. A lotta feedback was given on that matter during cbt - there’s virtually no reason why other people should knock your fireball with their auto attacks on a friendly PvE environment. It’s retarded because your fireball severely outdamages their auto attacks too so like, they’re just making the run slower for everyone.

Fire Pillar is definitely worth it - you should max it. Cooldown is high but the burst is real.

Fire Wall is so-so. It was trash for me through c1-c2 and i doubt it’s redeemed at c3.

If you’re Pyro2, Fireball 10, Flame Ground 10, Fire Pillar 5, Enchant Fire 5 should be your standard build.

Forcing people into 1 god spec is far from optimizing. Go back to Warcraft :slight_smile:

I’ll stick it out, if nothing else I can go alchemist R6/7 if I don’t feel useful lol. Thanks for the helpful advice Meiohjp

1 Like

Np. Also if you can get some elemental damage on your hats (through enchants) and eventually an arde dagger your auto attacks should do respectable damage with Enchant Fire on (since elemental damage would make it double dip).