Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard ARTS Class Build Discussion

firewall over hell breath? Can u explain why??

More skills u cast, more dmg.

1 Like

But hellbreath and fireball are also skills? XD
Both in my experience deal way more damage. Firewall would usually be gone before a single mob dies due to its hit limit

I can understand his reasoning. Hell’s Breath is channeling skill. Time you spend channeling the skill to keep it up is time you could have used to cast other skills. While Firewall is a cast and forget skill, you cast it in place then spam other skills.

Also I’m in quandary myself. I have to choose between maxing Hail or Storm Gust for my pyro-ele-Tao. Seeing that taoist’s Tri Disaster charm it makes sense to max Hail but some ppl said it is better to max Storm Gust.

Is it just a matter of preference is there some logic behind it that I miss?

1 Like

And how about taking begone demon for the ART?
[Arts] Begone Demon: Shout
​* When an installed charm disappears from a charm skill, there is a chance of [Begone Demon] automatically triggering
Seems to be quite useful specially after the CD nerf. and automatically exploding a charm after expiring
Have someone tested this out yet?

I feel that Taoist is more of a support class now. The main highlight for Taoist isn’t the damage, but Lightning Charm buff that now applies to all skills. Tri Disaster Charm continues to be great for Fire/Ice/Lightning. Some people opt for Divine Punishment instead of Creeping Death Charm because it now has 3 overheats + it is AOE compared to Creeping Death Charm which has a hit limit and has small AOE. However, if you already have many skills, then Creeping Death Charm is also good since it is a cast and ignore skill, compared to charging 3 full Divine Punishment.

ARTS wise I think there are much better ARTS to invest if you are choosing your first few.

I agree with you that there are better ARTS than begone shout (Prominence. Meteor, Fire Wall to name a few) but taking into account that CD tics have been reduced to 15 mx lvl (+1 tick each lvl) and no longer have over heat + having a 35secs cooldown, having a chance that Begone Demons automatically cast after each charm expires might increase DPS by a decent amount.
But haven’t seen anyone play with the idea nor test it out(can’t test myself I’m dirt poor, I just managed to get the Prominence one and I’m far away for the meteor one still).

So on paper seems to be a good idea maybe not as a priority but could me more optimal than CD

I’m just hoping someone could test this idea as it will take a while before I could get the ART myself lol

Just wondering, is Chronomancer any good at all? Anyone have any viable Chronomancer builds that they have tried?

the question itself is a mislead. you cant simply say chrono is bad or good because its class category is green which act like supplement for your other classes in build. unless you ask those reds, we can discuss further and talk about which other classes including chrono that can synergize well. basically chrono is good for all but it will depend on your focus like spamming same skill or getting more skills etc. also pass is nerfed.

no

20char20char20char20char20char

1 Like

Like last time Chronomancer - Taoist - Elementalist/Runecaster was super good in bossing. Now it seems like Chronomancer has lost the edge with bursting due to Pass cooldown. I was thinking if there are any Chronomancer builds that are viable.

I was looking at this video thinking if Chronomancer could be a dedicated farmer

I’m thinking Alchemist - Chronomancer - Pyromancer. Because of how strong Prominence is now, you can just take Chronomancer for “Slow” ARTS speed boost to run around, and Alchemist for potions

Tree Of Savior: Misrus Hard mode (revised setup) (2mins)

Revised the skill point allocation setup for this build.

Current problem with taoist: Divine Punishment is unsable in mouse mode (it never triggers unless you specifically click every mob and be sure the mob is STILL targeted once the skill is charged, which is NOT always the case). Feels like points wasted.

Begone Demon is still bad, even with arts, I think you’d better spend the points in the other skills.

Anyone used the Eradication: Transfer arts yet? I need to know if the 2% per second for 10 seconds is actually better than the 20% damage you lose or is totally identical, making the arts a pure waste of mystical pages and BGs…

In fact, tao is so good boosting pyro skills now that I spam them instead of the tao skills (plus DP not working – see above). And all pyro arts are great. FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

For PvP as Chrono-Sage-Onmy.

eradication arts is insane when mobbing.
because the 2% per second affects all nearby enemies, so if all ur mobs are inflicted with this debuff, ALL of them will deal 2% to each other (think magic missile-esqe)

Thanks, good to know. Sounds like perfect art for stage 6-7 CM where Eradication doesn’t wipe all the mobs instantly.

I use erradication Arts on a line of Icewall against a boss and then watch all the fun explosions :smiley:

I play Pyromancer - Elementalist - Taoist as my sub, Fire Mage. It is really good in CM, especially with Prominence ARTS and the many AOE skills that Pyro + Ele has. Haven’t gotten Meteor ARTS yet but when I do it will probably get even better. Is Firewall ARTS any good?

How does it work? Does it trigger like how Icewall gets triggered by Psychic Pressure? I’m thinking of how to mix and match classes for my “Ice” Mage. Choosing between Cryo + either 2 of Taoist/Elementalist/Sorcerer with Froster Lord summon.

Usually when doing CM I use Firewall then turn around and use second OH so the wall becomes a cross. The arts doing the same thing, you get the chance to make 2 crosses instead of one.

Yes. Instead of having multihits, the shards explode. basically you can replace pyro by cryo for an ice mage and have tao charms boost your Frost Pillar or Ice Pike insane damage to more insane values.

The shards explode? So is the damage based off Ice Wall’s damage as well? Do the Ice Walls get broken or anything or can we spam all 3 Eradication for a sudden burst of damage?