Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3>Pyro3>Warlock2 good or bad?

Wiz3>Pyro3>Warlock2, good or bad idea? In PVE compares with Wiz3>Ele3>Warlock2

As of what we currently know, Wiz3 isn’t really a great pick for Pyro3. Quick Cast attribute is additive with the Agni Necklace so the damage it adds isn’t as significant as for other classes. Then Linker just brings too much for Pyromancers. And it’s not just for yourself, it’s for the whole party.

What Linker does when dealing with mobs is pretty obvious. But when dealing with bosses, Joint Penalty does not only multiply your Fireball’s damage. It can also multiply the damage of a lot of other classes’ skills.

It goes something like this:

Normally, an Earthquake just hits once

If we setup Fireballs and link them with the target (or say… a boss monster)

We can multiply the damage by hitting all (or most) of them

^Positioning doesn’t have to be like that. I just did that for clarity
Most of the time, you’d just want to put your Fireballs on top of the target.

3 Likes

Is there a reason to pick Pyro3 over Ele3? I cannot find one.

1 Like

agni necklace.

20char

1 Like

butI really hate it when fire balls get kicked, they should have added an attribute for it, when partied with swordsman, which there are lots of them now, I link mobs then use fireball then they just kick it out lol then 0 dps

2 Likes
  1. Pyro is rank 2. Even if you go all the way to Circle 3, you’ll still have ranks 5-8 free to choose from a huge pool of classes. Elem takes ranks 4-6, which can be a bit restricting
  2. Each circle of Pyro has its uses. Elementalist is C3 or C0
  3. Pyro has higher single target damage potential, even before the Agni Necklace
  4. Agni Necklace is stupid. It’s like Fire-Taoist for Pyromancer except you spend a necklace slot instead of a class rank
1 Like

Thank you so much but what is “agni necklace” mean?

This necklace https://tos-kr.neet.tv/items/582127

It has already been released in kTOS but not yet in iTOS. It increases the damage of most Fire spells by differing amounts

Something like

Fireball +400%
Flare +?%
Flame Ground +250%
Firewall +?%
Fire Pillar +400%
Hell Breath +?%
Meteor +100%
Combustion +?%
Incinerate +100%

The damage is additive with Quick Cast, so Agni + Quick Cast on Fireballs would be +450%

edit:

1 Like

Go Wiz1>pyro2>linker3>warlock2 for more utility.

Fireball at lv10 is enough to do decent damage even without Agni necklace. You could maybe do with pyro3>linker2 instead for a larger Fire Pillar, more hits on Fire Wall and Fireball but I don’t really recommend it because the 100 hit count on Joint Penalty lv10 is not enough to sustain lv15 Fireballs when linked together.

Warlock2 is a good choice when your fire spells fail you, especially in parties with a Taoist.

1 Like

Or go Wiz1>Pyro3>xxx>Sage ?

1 Like

Because i want to go to ET, Boss hunting, and PVE. Maybe Wiz1>pyro2>linker3>warlock2 will fit me. but Do i have to have linker3?

boss hunting? nope! ET it depends maybe you can be a primary linker, but pyro is bad on the ET side specially with swordsman being a new meta in AOE dps, you won’t get to cast your fireball since sw classes would just kick it away, unless you get a group without sw, seriously they should add an atribute for fireball not to get kicked

1 Like

but What do you think it’s good for ET? Wiz3>Ele3>Warlock2 ? I have never been there and i have no idea about it.

Who gives you everything you have in game?

for mage I think its still elelock, but having linker brings good support to the team, its just that fireball isn’t reliable source even they got kicked out of the area, and meta for sustain dps in ktos videos are mostly dopples now

what do you mean???

thank you so much :blush::blush:

Hey, thanks for the info and screen shots. Does that interaction work with every skill with aoe? What would be the best wizard build to take advantage of it?
I’m assuming that it’s earthquake’s damage that’s being multiplied here, correct?
Is this interaction limited more by fireball’s number of hits, or joint penalty’s (so in a practical setting, how long would this last)?

I’m currently a wiz c3 > linker c1 planning on being a necro.
Would pyro c2 linker c2 necro be better?

Only things I can confirm that work with Fireball-JP:

Works with:

• All: Melee Normal/Sub Attacks
  • Wizard: Energy Bolt, Earthquake, Magic Missile
  • Pyromancer: Fireball, Hell Breath
  • Psychokino: Psychic Pressure
  • Necromancer: Flesh Cannon
  • Featherfoot: Blood Sucking, Blood Curse
  • Highlander: Carter Stroke, Moulinet, Double Slash, Cross Cut
  • Monk: Double Punch, Hand Knife, Palm Strike
  • Inquisitor: God Smash

Does not work with:

• Pyro: Flame Ground, Firewall, Fire Pillar
  • Elementalist: Frost Cloud
  • Warlock: Dark Theurge, Pole of Agony
  • Krivis: Zaibas
  • Druid: Carnivory

So maybe we can assume that it works with:

• AoE ratio-based attacks
  • channeled AoE attacks
  • melee attacks

Doesn’t work with:

• Magic land deployments
  • Single target magic attacks

I’ve no idea how they’ll interact with physical land deployments, debuff-based attacks (e.g. incineration) and ranged attacks

Here’s a vid I made a few days back showing the Fireball + Link trick with Hell Breath

It is limited by Joint Penalty’s. Fireball’s hit count doesn’t matter as long as the balls don’t touch enemies.

In the video, the Lv.6 Joint Penalty breaks after 10 ticks of Hell Breath. At that point, the target already received 60 hits of Hell Breath instead of just 10.

Might be better to just stick with Wiz3. Flesh Cannon is a pain to use without Wiz3. Also remember that these balls take time to set up unless you have Chrono or Sage; so it’s not that practical outside of Pyro-Linker-Sage builds

1 Like

Works with shinobi’s clone + kunais as well for insane damage

1 Like