Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3>Pyro3>Warlock2 good or bad?

Thanks again. I wonder if this is intended… it seems to be what I hear pre-nerf JP was like with AoEs? Or is this interaction recent and it works on everything that’s JP’d, not just fireballs?

Sorry about all the questions.
How does it work with fireball if you have to AoE the fireballs to get it to work? Does it just work automatically when the fireballs are hitting the monsters with JP?
If you were to just AoE the fireballs but not the dummy, would you still do damage but with one less hit?

Is it still better to stick with the wiz3 with the agni necklace in play?
What about something like a pyro c2 > linker c2 > necro c2 > sage build?
If warlock spells don’t have this special interaction and you were to go sage, what would you get at rank 7 (or how would you do a pyro build? pyro3 linker3 sage?)
It seems like necro’s dirty pole has this interaction as well, so couldn’t you just link 2 fireballs + pole instead of waiting for more fireballs?

What about linking ice wall?

This came with the R8 patch. It also works with everything, not just Fireball. It’s a combination of the pre-nerf and post-nerf JP.

• Pre-nerf JP: Multiplies damage based on targets hit, no hit limit
  • Post-nerf JP: Copies damage but does not multiply (except for some special cases), hit limit of JP Level x 10
  • Post R8: Multiplies damage based on targets hit, hit limit of JP Level x 10

By multiply damage I mean: If you have 5 linked enemies and you use Frost Cloud on them, they’ll be taking 5x more damage from Frost Cloud.

Special case: Most AoE-ratio based attacks become doubled when hitting 2 or more targets

Yes it also works with just Fireballs. For builds with high levels of Fireball and whose main source of damage is Fireball, they can just plant the Fireball on the enemy and then use JP. This would also multiply the damage of Fireball and also multiply the incoming attacks when they are able to hit the Fireballs and the target.

The only problem with planting Fireballs directly into the target is that the Fireballs will disappear fast. Fireballs tick very fast when they are taking damage while something is touching them. If your main source of damage is your Fireball, then there is no problem here. But if say… you’re a Pyro1-Linker2-Chrono3-Sage, it would be better to leave Fireballs off the target so your team can multiply their damage without losing Fireballs.

Yes you just lose 1 hit

I wouldn’t recommend taking Wiz3 on a Pyro-heavy build. Quick Cast’s +50% magic damage is additive with Agni. An Agni Fireball hits for 380%. With Quick Cast, it’ll be 430%. Not that much of a difference.

You would get more by taking circles of Thauma instead of Wiz3. (Again, I’m only saying this for a Pyro-heavy build)

With 369 invested INT, 3000 m.atk from other sources:

With 300 invested INT, 3000 m.atk from other sources:

With 300 invested INT, 1500 m.atk from other sources:

And remember that Thauma can buff the whole party, not just you.

Well, I have a Wiz3-Linker2-Necro and I would conclude that I would hate Necro without Quick Cast

That’s one of the builds that I would recommend. But I probably wouldn’t play that because I’m a weirdo when it comes to building my own characters.

That’s true

Same thing. With Icewall you get more targets but in a party setting, once you Link your Icewalls they’re going to break really fast

2 Likes

can you give a breakdown on how you computed the thaum buff with 369 invested int? I can’t seem to have the same answer base on this:
○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.15

@octane

369 Invested INT = 838 INT

• Swell Left Arm 5:
    34.4 + ([5] -1) × 12.4 + [838] × 0.15
    = 34.4 + 49.6 + 125.7
    = 209.7
  • Swell Left Arm: Enhance = +150
    = 359.7

Thauma 2 (dagger):

• Swell Left Arm 10:
    34.4 + ([10] -1) × 12.4 + [838] × 0.15
    = 34.4 + 111.6 + 125.7
    = 271.7
  • Swell Left Arm: Enhance = +150
    = 421.7

(dagger)

• Swell Right Arm 5:
    34.4 + ([5] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.13
    = 34.4 + 49.6 + 108.94
    = 192.94
  • Swell Right Arm: Enhance = +150
    = 342.94

= 764.64

2 Likes

Guys, how about my build? Is it the better combination atm? I need opinios :D.

Thanks.