Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz 3 > Thauma 3, am I crazy?

This build would he crazy hard to level, but seems like it would produce the highest damage at rank 7+. I’ll admit I am a novice when comes to Wiz builds.

Thoughts?

1 Like

For the question , yes you are crazy , because this build is good just for your party mates, this could work better with 2 really good aoe DMG classes in rank 7 and 8 , what we don’t have atm, because both FF and Warlock , are single tgt … so you might need linker 1 or 2…

1 Like

I’ll agree with fulllbuster… you are crazy… and it might? produce the highest damage but you’re stuck taking warlock/feather on rank 7 which don’t really bode well w/o linker in your build and you’re stuck buying daino scrolls from the market just cause you might overwrite over people’s buffs…

1 Like

Good point about Daino scrolls. You guys may have just saved me months of levelling. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m Wiz 3 Thauma 2. Thauma 1 give me good amount of additional damage and easy heal with Transpose. Thauma 2 bring me great skill - reversi and some additional damage. If I take Thauma 3, I only obtain very little amount of additional damage. I’m some crazy with my build, but Wiz 3 Thauma 3 looks as completely crazy path :wink:

Wizz 3 Thauma 2 here too. (Will be Featherfoot 2 )

Well, i love my char, but the suffering… the horror… :disappointed_relieved:

When you say you are going Thauma 3 everybody loses their mind… says its batshit crazy for not pick Linker and stuff… BUT.

The BIG HEAD skill gives 145+ INT plus 22 matck, + 86 matk (swell left11-15/right 06-10) . Hangmans’ atribute is THAT GOOD that its betther than thauma 3 scaling? dunno… :confused:

The point is that base dmg from skills are too high, so the matq + int bonus isnt worth at all. You get nothing at thauma c3 but the bonus, that will be vanish at rank 8.

Thauma are rly great, but only for Pvp.
I’m Wiz 3 Thauma 2 Necro 2 and I do great at GvG and TBL (top 10 all the weeks I played) but even doing nice at pve, I’m always behind the ones who got Linker instead Thauma.

Who said you could not go Linker and Thauma at the same time :kissing_heart:.

You sure can get both, but not if you also want to get Wiz 3 with your main porpouse being to cause high amounts of dmg, as OP said.

You will cause high amounts of dmg, with your party :stuck_out_tongue:. So yeh it’s a support anyway.

Sure, but thats not what we are talking about on the topic ^^

OP wants to do high damages, this is a way to do high damages.

:confused:

No, this is a way to make your party deal high dmg, and thats not the question at first. But ok, I’ll stop the ch-chat now, cuz I made point to OP. Night ^^

There’s a bunch of Wiz3 Thauma2/3s in Telsiai. They usually end with Thauma3 > Warlock or Thauma2 > Rc > Warlock. They were really strong in PvP when there’s a cleric around back when equipment was standardised, maybe because they were able to boost attacks and defenses way past anyone else. With equipment applied, they’re no longer as strong but still pretty good imo. I know some of them have changed PvP chars already but I’m not sure if it’s because of that.

Yes, i’m crazy. I did Wiz3>Thaum3>Warlock1 sitting at lv280 and wait for Warlock2

The path is not easy, you are hardly absorb into a party,
you can solo every quest just fine with Swell Arm (+271def/mdef) and high damage burst, but waiting for CD is real pain as you only have few skills.

so, do you regret ou recomend going Thauma 3? everybody states that the matk up from Thaum3 is meaningless endgame,that i (as a wizz 3 thaum2) should pick Linker, or RC … what u think? tnx.

If you pushed yourself through w3thaurm3 you made it and maybe there will be options in the future for long cast time dependent damage or more support. Or maybe there will be a future item that is like League of Legends’ Deathcap, giving % increase in magic damage which will explode thaurm numbers. With so many possibilities thaum should be safe.

If you haven’t built a thaum yet, a good question to ask is, is this going to be Tree if Mages? If an all Mage team or 4mage1cleric is the new meta then magic damage boosting machine is going to be a powerhouse, huge return on investment.

Not really regret, as it is testing build but really fun to play.
Peoples see it as Offensive support, but I think Thaum is very strategic in both Defensive/Offensive and ability to switch role with flexible. *swap shield/dagger and transpose
I can even play partial taunter with Magic Missile + Swell Right Arm for good defend, nobody believe me when I get into a party until I prove this to party.

The (High Base Damage + Swelled Matk + INT) * ( Invocation 30% + Dark 10% + QC 50%) * (Damage Attribute 60%) is kind of fun in Tower Defend.
What i’m doing is building another linker enchanter to provide Linker scroll and some skills to cast (Pyro2 for Flame Ground/Linker3 for JP/Warlock1 for PoA), but definitely it is super expensive to play.

However, in my opinion Wiz3 > Linker 2 > Sorcerer 1 > Warlock 1 will work much better in any situation for warlock c2 build.
Linker completely solved the disadvantage of Warlock, while Thaum only maximize the advantages of Warlock’s skill and QuickCast.
*Wiz3>Linker3>Warlock2 can’t take the role of Wiz3>Thaum3>Warlock2, but it is possible for vice versa if willing to absorb the cost of JP scroll.
*If you are going FF, it is better Wiz3>Linker2>Thaum1>FF for the transpose/swell body mechanism.

On optimistic side, it is true Enchant Lightning / scale-able blessing is shadowing Thaum’s role, I believe the developer will do something on Thaum in coming near future.

Peoples don’t notice significantly the contribution of Thaumaturge in a party, but in fact even in Saalus/ET the swell right arm provide very strong defend if only your party member willing to equip a shield. As well as Elementalist who use shield to cast Frost Cloud and swap to dagger when move away from danger zone.

Wiz 3 > Thauma 2 > Link 1 > W2
Wiz 3 > Thauma 2 > Link 2 > ?
Wiz 3 > Thauma 2 > Chrono 3
Wiz 3 > Thauma 2 > Necro 3
Wiz 3 > Thauma 2 > Link 1 > FF 2
So many options… I’m obliviously need high rate test server or some theorycrafting :wink:

I have a Wiz2, Link1, Thau3. So no, you aren’t the only crazy one.