Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz 3 > Thauma 3, am I crazy?

Whats really worrying me about this build is its flat buffs
A 750 buff now might seem like a lot.
But when one has >5000 magic potential at rank8, 750 more isnt gonna mean much : /

I know people run Wiz3 Thaum1 Linker2 FF2 in KToS, seems fun.

You are absolutely crazyā€¦ Also I have one already. Iā€™m waiting on my R7 choice.

The big reason is I want to see how the fixed Drain for Warlock works. Right now it is not shooting spirits. The skill is duration based but the spirits make the most sense to be ammo based. If for some reason they get lazy and just give us spirit shot for as long as the duration persists that solves all the problems with the build. Because at Warlock C3 weā€™re talking about potentially full uptime drain.

Either way my Wiz/Thaum waits for detailed knowledge of R8 and potentially R9 if I donā€™t yet see a viable path right away.

Things you should know about the thaum before you jump in.

1. Contrary to the ToSmechanicā€™s guide swell brain does not function like base stats and does not multiply. Itā€™s flat.
  2. Shrink body is actually fairly good since it reduces atk before defenses which is a flat reduction. This means most foes will be doing 1 damage attacks.
  3. Transpose does not fill your HP to your new maximum life.
  4. Swell body does not give you 100% bonus XP. It ends up being much less. Probably because of zone multipliers, and a little bit because of tokens. XP modifiers stack additive.

Other thoughtsā€¦
There is a kToS player that posts vids that runs Wiz3/Thaum3/FF2 and was actually functioning because of the transpose blood curse combo. It didnā€™t look terribly awesome but she was able to doā€¦ okā€™ish against elites. When Iā€™m home Iā€™ll edit in the videos.

Loled so hard @ this
/20basturd

Is this build good for farming?

iā€™m thinking i will get featherfoot 2 for pvp, wiz 3> kino 3> featherfoot 2

yep, only because levitation

The point isā€¦ i would never go wiz 3 with featherfoot otherwise.

pyro>linker seems a much more promising start, but hey, at least you can go full con (it actualy does seems a problem with that 60% hp drain skill, but i think thauma solves that).

i dont knowā€¦ featherfoot has that good damaging skills to make use of quick cast atribute? Not that iā€™m planning to use it for damage anyway (which is holding me back on my build)

I think Thaumaturge is appealing since Iā€™d love to make a support wizardā€¦ D: But yes, lots of people say itā€™s crazy and not that good, lol! However I was thinking of Linker and Thaumaturge together! :X

you can go for thauma if you want, there is a lot of chronos already, i think maybe getting linker 3 would be good idea, dunno

1 Like

It is even crazier now with all the new lv315 weapons that make thau buff look like nothing.

True, just saw those. I worry about Thauma at later ranks.

The true core value of thauma is transpose and reversi.

Reversi + full int + quick cast + 7 lvl10 chap cards = insta #1 on WB

Transpose w/ full int + swell brain = 70k++ hp on GvG/TBL w/ a healer, easy rank 1-20 at tbl, itā€™s quite hard to rank up from a lower mmr though since you donā€™t get much healers there but after that it starts to get easy.

Swell buffs WILL not scale endgame but it doesnā€™t matter because transpose and reversi would always be useful. Thaumaturge is more of an anti-meta carry than of a buffer provided you have wiz3 imho.

I guess for low level mobs? I did use mine for farming the mats for a venom.

Otherwise thoughā€¦ Youā€™d need linker and Joint penalty/magic missile in itā€™s bugged form to kill double HP elites. Which some people do a Wiz/Link/Thaum for doing that right now. But the future of that build is uncertain since weā€™re suppose to have further Joint Penalty nerfs down the line.

Waaaaa, why is it so complicated to pick a class sometimes?! :frowning: lol

Is not that hard, really, just pick a focus (dps, support, burst dmg) and favor skills that will keep being relevant in later lvls (things like attack speed and buffs based purely on percentages or stats, though its not always a sure thing).

Thats why people favor chrono over thauma, but i would still save at least one rank for what i really want.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Itā€™s just a bit overwhelming to see all the conflicting opinions, lol. There isnā€™t a real consensus, you know?