Tree of Savior Forum

With all these restrictions, one would think gold sellers are having a really hard time, right? (Proof inside)

Black Desert Online has no 1:1 trade. Well you can trade potions and food but none of they’re bound to your character after the trade. RMT still exists in BDO. It’s not really something that really goes away.

Why people take 1 sentence as 1 whole idea?

I already replied, and said that they should not take 9m as a satisfatory number when there were better ideas, and i think IMC knows it as well but they have hardships to implement it, and also said that they’ll try to reach the best they could within this month…

So they sell accounts? lol.

RO was how many years ago? Are u serious?

Given how fast the RMT can amass silver, the token’s price will never be able to compete with RMT’s silver price, UNLESS the high tier player can obtain silver faster than the RMT’s bot.

1 Like

Keep this link with me always.

2 Likes

As long as you can interact with users in some fashion to pass money around, people will always RMT. Now I don’t know how successful RMT is in BDO. It’s much better at handling it than Tree of Savior. Chat filters exist so RMT messages are fairly rare these days. Items have min and max values based on their trends. Tree of Savior is similar, but far too restricting.

In BDO I have a very large storage which my entire “family” (team equivalent in ToS) can access. Any map exploration a family member does is relayed to the others making alt creation very rewarding and less frustrating. I can pass around my own gear and silver as I chose without a single penalty. Yet when it comes to RMT, BDO is so much better.

Tree of Savior could learn a few things from BDO about how to handle RMT. They do it better and their players are much less restricted.

Ah yeah also on my earlier point.

I’m currently unemployed and seeking a job, on freelancer as well as other freelancing websites I’ve seen RMTs put on hiring ads for people to level accounts to really high levels, research on said game shows that’s because the game has a trade/market restriction. They pay a pretty penny for these kinds of services too… so like I said.

Make it hurt them financially and less will care, you’ll only be dealing with the scammer RMTs.

Yup that is what may fail the IMC’s plan on the Token. If the price of the Token can’t compete with the RMT’ers bot operation. Then we can safely conclude IMC has failed.

Token is only part of the strategy to lower the price floor for RMT-ing. The other aspect of it is to make it very difficult / expensive for them to farm those silver in game. Squeezing out their profit from both ends, hopefully enough to deter them from operating.

@Rubiss

Yup that’s why it cannot be prevented 100%. Unless you have no interaction whatsoever (single player game I guess).

I’m not knowledgeable on BDO. Maybe you should make a few suggestions to IMC and help them integrate some of the strategies BDO is using.

I have actually. Hopefully things will change. Team storage is a step up, but the potential lose on exchanging your own gear needs to go.

I’m not against that. It’s the same player owning that item anyway. Only downside is a slight reduction in demand for items because you only need 1 set across your characters.

Yeah that’s true. However it may promote more refining. If there is an excess of an item that can be refined to +X then more people will try and that means more silver is out of system.

You cant expect to make one change and all the sudden the silver sellers dissapear. Its a war, not a battle.

It would be much worse with no limitations.

I believe once all this release stuff is sorted, mostly lag and stability, they can put more resources towards fighting bots and other things.

I posed this in another thread.

This could be something that would hurt the silver sellers pretty bad. If they do have this planned, they might not have the resources to put it in action yet. Maybe they’re already doing it? not sure.

2 Likes

So?

/whydoineed20chars

it bothers me that people write things and don’t even understand what they wrote.

you called the measures basically invalid (“not a real argument”) if they didn’t completely eliminate the problem.
in other words; improving the situation is worthless, unless the problem is entirely eliminated.

and then again, when did they ever say they were -satisfied- with the current state?

@dawnintodark you know, RO is still running if you want to try it. just saying. (tho, a lot of past replies have suggested that RO-now has lost some of the charm/flavor/whatever that RO-then had.)

I cannot stress enough that we need to also do something about the people buying the silver, not just the ones selling it. IMC needs to advertise NOT to buy silver, because not only does it make the game unfair and unfun, but also because your credit card information is very likely to be stolen so these companies can continue to propagate.

First of cool thread, but actually selling 9.2million over 5 hours on the biggest server isn’t exactly that much with 100k is 3$, that means 1 million for 30$ and lets round it up to 300$ to 10 million.

That is literally peanuts. It involves several people working to earn 300$ over 5 hours - if you like the term working or not is besides the point, they are doing their work.

If anything I would say it demonstrates that the measures are either effective or ToS players don’t want to buy (who would blame them with how problematic the spammers behave here)

Could you tell me the webpage you got this info from? Would be personally interested to keep an eye on it.

I agree with OP on the point that the current system will not adequately slow RMT now or ever.

2 Likes

At these current rates, the gold seller companies are actually making very little. They currently have to buy accounts ($10 each), pay the advertisers or parent company, deal with silver loss due to bans, pay their employees (they probably make like 10 cents an hour), and the buyers have to deal with the 48 hour delay for silver. During the 48 hour wait, IMC can sift through unusually large silver transactions to catch the sellers.

It’s not actually the silver selling they are making money off of though. It’s the stolen credit cards numbers they take from naive buyers. They do business with you, and then will wait a little while before they drain your bank account or use it to purchase more accounts. Not all companies do this, but it’s still all the more reason NOT to buy illegit silver.

:mushroom: RIP :mushroom:

1 Like