Tree of Savior Forum

WINE users got kicked in the ball

I’m helping a friend with exactly the same request right now. I’ll send you a PM with my Discord tag, if you can add me there we can test stuff to see if it works, if there are different steps we can work on a PlayOnMac guide/post for making it run.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!!! :3
This would be awesome!!!

Dear bro,

I have tried to update Visual C++ which currently available on WINE. And it worked.

I fixed on 3 other MACs for my cousins and the result is still awesome.

2 Likes

It depends on the version you’re using and if it contains some patches or not for some functions. In my case even on 2.4 I had to apply some patches before compiling. I would need to apply yet another patch of one unimplemented function but wine 2.5 already the functions implemented.

By the way, for the Mac which version did you install? The one posted in the news or the one from winetricks? Trying to help two friends but I’m not familiar with Mac specific stuff.

I’m sorry, how did you do it? ;; _;;
Haven’t been able to log into ToS every since the update. The launching screen just fizzles after loading.

Please help, I’m at a loss here.

Could you please lend a hand for me as well?

I don’t know who to turn to.

Finally I managed to run ToS in Play On Mac in here!
With @LunarRabbit help and a lot of testing >:3
Not sure if I should copy/paste my original post on reddit as a new topic in here or what, for now I’ll leave the link, I know the guide may be unfriendly for some people since I’m a wine noob myself x3
Still hope it works for more people out there!

2 Likes

In a summary:
Whoever is having problems to run it on Mac:

1. Install vcrun2015 with winetricks

If it fails, do a clean install on a new wine prefix/virtual drive:

1. Install vcrun2015 with winetricks
  2. Install everything else up to steam as @S-Loxe points.

You may want to speed things up by copying TreeOfSavior instead of re-downloading:

1. Close steam.
  2. Copy …/steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior into the new virtual drive (create the ‘common’ directory if needed).
  3. Copy …/steamapps/appmanifest_372000.acf into the new virtual drive.
  4. Start steam.
  5. Start tos.
1 Like

Wine 2.6 was released:
https://www.winehq.org/announce/2.6

I recommend using it if you’re running ToS via Wine, there’s lot of thing but most important:

CSMT code from wine-staging is finally going into vanilla wine:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Wine-2.6-Released

I’m yet to test it (downloading, quite slowly right now) but I expect to get a bit more FPS compared to when I ran it on 2.4-staging.

If you use Arch Linux and PlayOnLinux and somehow Wine breaks/fails to load/gives FreeType error check this:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1700283#p1700283

1 Like

Last Bump

Wine 2.6-staging was released on PlayOnLinux wine version manager. Quite worthy to use it.

aye!! nice work Lunar and loxe :smiley: i’ve update my guide that was pinned on the Game Tips and Strategy gave you guys credit!

can u understand all way, im really dont know how install winetricks idk how update my PoM or Crossover ((

plz help - failed again (

??? what is was ???

Have you done any configuration (like installing components such as msvc100) before you do the vcrun2015 installation on the steam virtual box?

1 Like

Also try setting up everything again in a new prefix following the guide step by step.

(Or if you have tons of free time, follow step by step on the already existing wine prefix and try to figure out the problem. As a side note to save time: You can move ToS files over to new prefix to prevent downloading the entire again.)

Maybe old fails. How i can delete all PoM components ?

And ty for answer

After the r9 update, memory is always grows up and then when it reaches about 2.8GB it freezes (it should be 32 bit memory limit restriction). There should be some memory leaks. I’m using wine-staging on macOS sierra (MBP 13, Early 2015, Intel Iris Graphics 620).

I’ve tried different wine prefixes with different windows versions but it didn’t fix memory leaks.

Anyone else got the same problem or have an idea to fix this problem?

1 Like

how u done problem with vcrun2015 ?