Tree of Savior Forum

Will Stat Reset be given out with major changes?

So I just read this post:
More buffs to swordman in kTOS.

Basically STR just got buffed in kTOS. If iTOS were to make changes that would modify stats effects, would they give out stat resets? I heard kTOS hands out stat resets on some major updates. I was wondering if iTOS would do the same. I know the game keeps on changing, it would be nice to know we don’t have to reroll if ever a major change is implemented that would make our builds less viable. Thank you.

@STAFF_Max, @STAFF_Ines, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan, @STAFF_No

1 Like

we don’t even know if we’re going to get the same patches that KR did.

stop worrying about what might happen and just enjoy playing the game.

I am just asking. As to what patches we are going to get we are getting some patches from korea. They even replied we are going to implement the same debuff for killing bosses that korea had a while back.

I’m wondering when they’ll even do KR changes to NA. Hopefully this game doesn’t keep the international version far behind like most KR MMOs.

I really wanna reset some of my Priest skills and seeing that Monk changes were made to KR I’m wondering if they’re going to patch and reset my class when the patch comes here.

If you’ve ever read any of the circle reset threads on here people are going to be extremely talty if they do. Like how dare you get a reset because they changed something radically? Lets down play it like 30% of STR won’t matter now. :laughing:

I read them. I actually believe it should be a case to case basis (Such as free circle resets when rank 8 and up come up). BUT there is 1 difference. Circle reset MAY not be needed if they properly balance all classes. Stat reset is different. What if they suddenly decide to make SPR worthwhile? Like buffing the ailment resistance it already has?

no, actually, as one of those against class/circle/rank resets, i would have no problem with a free skill and stat reset for making heavy changes to a class.

when you picked your stats and skills, it was based on an expectation that they worked in a certain way.
if they -change- the way that works in a very significant fashion, it’s quite reasonable for a skill/stat reset.
we already have the skill and stat reset items in the game.

Exactly my thoughts! I don’t mind them not being available in TP shop. But at least hand them out on rare game changing occasions.

1 Like

Then you must have never read the thread and my posts there. Because this is what I was warning people about. All of a sudden now people change their minds! I’ve been waiting for this day to come.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That was just an example. I know its not much to warrant a stat reset. But Im just saying what if they decide to increase it to 50% in the next patch? I heard kTOS gives resets on game breaking changes like that. I was just asking if they would do the same.

That patch would actually buff my already high str build. But what about people that went full dex? Or people that Min Max for pvp and pve? Reroll again?

ideally stat effects should never be changed because they are the core, the basis to everything. the fact that it needs to be changed just means bad game designing/planning in the first place. and how come str is being buffed but not int?

i think they way they are approaching/fixing problems is wrong and wont fix the problem in the end. When the stat effects in game arent even balanced, how can u expect anything else to be balanced?
A solution? idk, i think they fked it up from the start.

They should because it makes sense and is a valid point. But I’m just going to be like the circle reset people and nay say simply because I can instead. :joy:

Dunno. In my opinion they wanted to buff all swordsmen since our skills do crap damage. They decided to increase the stat the gives damage to all skills.

dude i have replied directly to your posts.
and you’re still an idiot.
this isn’t changing any tune at all.

STAT or SKILL reset is not the same as CLASS reset.

we already have Stat and Skill reset potions in the game. (Stat reset potions came from Founders pack 1; Skill reset potions are buyable in the TP shop.)

30% is a pretty huge change in terms of balance. it could have resulted in someone choosing an entirely different build; maybe previously they chose half Dex, half Str… but if str was 30% more effective they might have gone all Str. or they might have taken 30% less Str, to get the same effect, and put the other points in Dex or Con.

out of about 300 total stat points, 30% is nearly 100 points. if 1/3 of your total stat distribution isn’t “major” then it’s basically nto possible to even -make- major changes to builds.

Well that sucks. Sorry for the wrong info.

Well first of all, they should revamp and permanently affix stat effects after balancing them, and then make necessary minor buff to the class skills themselves. or even revamp the skills altogether.

It’s like they see no problems with the class skills even though sometimes half of them are useless.

Nope! Still the same thing because stat resets were exclusively given only to founder packs and are not sold. My hair a bird and therefore your whole argument is invalid. No stat or circle resets for nobody and only rerolling for everyone because the forums have said so since people work hard on leveling characters and that would be unfair to reset your full CON tank build into STR. Time to reroll.

And yes I am just being dumb on purpose because if you don’t stand for circle resets on balance issues than you’re a hypocrite.