Tree of Savior Forum

Will Stat Reset be given out with major changes?

It’s really funny to me that people are now figuring out everything that I’ve said in the circle reset threads is right. Then when something affects their current characters balance wise everyone is ready to be a hypocite all of a sudden when they opposed it for no valid reason. I still absolutely can’t wait until all this stuff comes over and people are in complete shock ready to back pedal on everything they’ve said before about resets.

It’s like being a politician that opposes something then it happens to them or family and -suddenly- they are willing to see the other side of things.

I’m for partial class resets. Say you took Hoplite, now you wanna get rid of those two pesky circles. Bam, done. Perhaps quest implementation along with it etc, but I’ll leave the details for the numerous other threads. Now, many people are against this, and yeah I get it. I’m one of those people who had to reroll a high level character and it’s a pain in the ass after 200 hours already invested. Even I would be scowling now if they came out with them, because of the now 450 hours I have had to invest into the same character class.

Imagine though, if they changed the entire mechanic of Swordsman and for whatever reason, your build is now not what you spent those 300+ hours creating. After research, time, perhaps a reroll…
Right now the changes being implemented on kRO for Swordsman are welcomed. Barb buff? Check. Fixed Skyliner? Check. But what if they implement a C1 Swordsman aggro skill, and you are like one of thousands with Pelt1 just because of that one skill. Sure this makes it great for any new Swordsman! You are not half ass forced (no one has to, but you know… read “no one wants you if you’re not pelt” thread) to take a circle that doesn’t benefit your character in any way other than that one aggro skill. However, the hundreds (maybe thousands?) who already have it and it doesn’t benefit them, are screwed.

So, for huge class changing things that will effect players on a grand scale, I support a reset of some sort, not only for classes but stats and skills as well.

1 Like

I agree, it is poorly thought out but w/e.

what exactly has been changed?
yeah im ignorant because i dont see anything in patch notes about class skill changes.
please enlighten me

well, with regards to class reset. We will have that regardless especially in higher ranks. Who in their right mind will reroll a rank 8 or rank 10 (if ever) character (with bound items like didel or etc.)?

People will just leave instead of rerolling LOL. We should face that in the “future”, “it is not its time now” because it is easy to reroll now but it will come. If people don’t care that players leave because they don’t want to reroll, well the company cares and you should too as the game will diminish slowly when people leave.

i agree with the rerolling maybe in ranks 8-10, but not future hidden classes under that

why don’t they make reset but only the class being modified

this is the main reason why im always skeptical about geting a korean mmo, TERA just got the ninja and kr has had for a while, kr BnS have soul fighter and we dont ( im sure)

Here’s the thing though,

If your build scales well with STR you would put points into STR already. The buff isn’t so massive that it suddenly means all swordsman builds should go full STR, it just makes STR builds a little better.

I think a bigger deal is when skills get rebalanced a ton, then you should get a free skill reset within that rebalanced class. I mean imagine if tomorrow Flare got its damage scaling changed to 300% and its cooldown reduced to 10 seconds, suddenly 99% of Pyros have 0 points in their strongest skill because previously it was so bad it wasn’t even worth trying to use.

I’m not sure how I feel about a limited circle reset when new circles are added. On the one hand I really don’t think you should be picking your classes based solely on what’s best at the time, that’s entirely on you if your build ends up not as good in the future. You should play what appeals to you personally. None of my characters have meta builds and I enjoy them immensely. However after seeing what happened with the addition of rank 7, a lot of rank 5/6 classes became really bad because the classes just changed for the worse, since they had skills moved to higher circles instead of new skills being added. In that case - skills being moved up a circle, for example if Snipe suddenly required circle 2 Musketeer - I would support a rank 7 reset when rank 8 is added because that’s pretty lame.

And of course, a rank 7 skill reset when rank 8 is added is basically necessary because you might be stuck with an extremely subpar build just because you bothered to spend your points on circle 1 skills with no knowledge of what circle 2 would have. It’s bad enough the game forces you to save points so often anyway, expecting people to save points blindly just in case the next circle requires more than a 15 point investment is silly.