Tree of Savior Forum

Will iOBT be region locked? (aka NO KOREANS)

Hello friends.
I live in Korea (not Korean though) and would like to play the iOBT. So would almost every Korean b/c kTOS is dead/a mess. The past CBTs were all region locked and banned Korean players from registering accounts/logging in (of course I just used a proxy but that’s annoying).

So I’m just wondering - will iOBT be region locked too? Or is the “i” truly international this time?

Yes, iOBT will not available for those countries which already got a publisher just like iCBT.
But some can choose between their server and iOBT like Singapore can choose Indonesia server or international, even they have PlayOne as a Channeling partner for Singapore.

1 Like

We are completely clueless about that. Other regions that have a publisher already (like SEA and Brazil) will not forbid their player base to join the International ToS. Best course of action is to wait and see. :confused:

EDIT: from SEA, it seems only Malaysia and Singapore arent forbidden to join iToS. HERE.

Announcement about ToS in Brazil can be seen HERE.

2 Likes

Chinese and Indonesian won’t be able to join iTOS since they got their own servers for their own country (the only one who won’t be block from iTOS is Brazilian

So it’s most likely Korean will be block as well.

I understand your situation. I hope IMCgames will allow us all join IToS someday

Probably won’t be able to considering Nexons licensing it for KR.

But you’ll have to wait for an official announcement.

If you end up not being able to play iToS, your best bet is to play on Ausrine.

Vakarine is dead once iToS mentioned “soon”.

This ^, some publishers probably asked that on contract, so they lose players and of course money. On Brazil’s case, they are only selling Tokens and providing a localized client (portuguese client), the server location also will be here but it us under IMC not the publisher and they aren’t blocked to play on iToS.

Proxy for life then. :smiley:

oh ya please no koreans…dont wanna play “gods of the arena” with them

Not all Koreans are good LMAO…

1 Like

Isn’t like 90% of the KToS population scrubs?
Like with any online game ever, but you get it.

1 Like