Tree of Savior Forum

Why though? it had potential

Reading the Moonlight Sculptor manhwa makes me want to play this game.

i have a question since i have not been on this forum for quite awhile (aside from my BnS post), why does imc not patch our version with like jtos or ktos? is it against the rules set by nexon or something?
is it really that hard to publish the same version only with english language?
why?
if they handled itos better or atleast on par with ktos/jtos i think their profit from itos would be competitive because we have a bigger croud (which also means more bots)
just why does imc hate us? :sob:

2 Likes

ktos and jtos got those problems as well. The only difference is ktos and jtos can fix those but itos cant because itos is potato and is managed by potatoes. Itos rarely have its own feature except for some rare case such as the 3 daily dungeon entries which replaced and nerfed ktosā€™s 5 daily dungeon entries. Most of itosā€™s patches were ā€˜copiedā€™ from ktos. They mess up the patch all the time resulting in weird bugs for almost every major patches. Their potato programmer couldnt fix bugs and is now hiring programmers. We will soon witness the drama of potato senior programmer trying to guide the newly joined junior programmer to fix a bug that he couldnt fix.

8 Likes

how the f could they not patch their OWN game. xD
where the original dev team different to the current team?

Unbiased non-forumerā€™s opinion coming through not playing the game of the forum. Hold the doors.

Itā€™s a common occurence in that whenever kNexon gets their hands on a game, they want to definitively provide the ā€œbestā€ service they can get. Unfortunately, this occurence usually means eating up the manpower and resources a dev company can provide. Typically I notice there will nearly always be long month upon month delays of content to other versions that initially came to the West. That, combined with the lack of staff (I swear man, IMC is quite literally Icarus and Icarus right now is a floating pile of charcoal) makes IMC having to focus their work on kToS and jToS meanwhile weā€™re left for dead aside batch updates really.

It can be. Actually, the better answer would be yes since IMC makes it hard on itself by using such archaic coding. It honestly depends on the coding platform they decided to use; which is old and involved. Why?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  if I know, they liked their Grando Espada, lol.

It really just comes down to neglect. Anyone who has actually played the game will tell you there was a period of around 2 and 1/2 months where playing with your friends was impossible due to a warping distance bug- whereas if you were too close to a person doing anything that warped your teammates to you- They were permanently rooted to the ground. This was where the game lost a HUGE amount of players through imcompetence; and I donā€™t blame someone. If it takes your forums blowing up with memes, flames, and innocent people giving you the rundown of your glitch but because you have other priorities you have to ignore them for two months then there really isnā€™t much to say in that regard.

If IMC actually sought out a larger team than something less than a damn Bakers Dozen then perhaps weā€™d actually have our own dedicated team we could whine to. But itā€™s all shared, and Iā€™m damn sure that Nexonā€™s contract with them (Nexon also just invested more money into IMC itself) means that Nexon is their absolute priority while leaving us in the dead. In my experiences with other Nexon games, this happens really frequently with alot of their titles and whether it yields death or just straggling I canā€™t say. Certainly isnā€™t a healthy practice.

They donā€™t hate us. They just have to always tend to Mother Nexon in her bed, so they canā€™t come out to play with us. And itā€™s sad.

12 Likes

@chillcross, thank you for enlightening me. i am actually one of those who stopped playing because me and my friend would get stucked when questing. it was boring questing alone so yah. we stopped.

im curious, if (just an if) nexon decides to handle itos (far fetched as the itos state is horrible) do you think it would revive itos? we will get their cash shop though. but i think its better than an unplayable game?

I really like what u did there ā€œHADā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

That, would be a personal question. Honestly though naNexonā€™s track records are appalling even as a ā€œNexonā€ publisher, let alone people whoā€™d manage the games. Iā€™d like to think itā€™s because thereā€™s no real competition for MMOs in the West so alot of publishers tend to be lax and grubby.
They once did a meme video of the Harlem Shake and found that more important than why some of their games were dying in their deathbeds after a loong silence. It got downvoted into the 5th circle of Hell.

I can assure you if such a thing happened though, the game would actually achieve a real sense of P2W. Would you rather have:

• Shitty unified service, whereas the company cares and the overall morale is always kept to an absolute minimum by staple.

• A Neglected service, whereas the companyā€™s care could either be much higher or much lower than the minimum due to just what could be on their plates on the time.

Itā€™s rhetorical because most likely people would just move on to something better.

1 Like

honestly iā€™m surprised that they have not shut down itos yet. I donā€™t want them to but it just seems like the game canā€™t possibly recover unless they stop neglecting things.

when you get players back by a good thing that you create for the game and then players experience the same bugs that made them quit the first few times you might as well have not done anything at all.

I will be sad when they finally pull the plug, that is, unless I start dying by the black steam death bug. I got other things I could do besides being unable to have fun on a game.

I donā€™t think pay to win HAS to ruin a game. this was a nice video if anyone feels like watching something.

the real problem with pay to win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRusOaA02w

Hi Luven, itā€™s been long seen Iā€™ve seen you in forums. Welcome back :3

Personally I think even if NexonNA takes over iToS, donā€™t really think it will revive iToS from the current state we are in. The issue ToS (in general, for all versions including kToS) are deeply rooted, unlike during R7 when we just have class balancing/class resets to talk about. Moreover if NexonNA takes over, the IP will get a region block which is limited to only NA/Canada, leaving other zones such as SA/EU/SEA out. This further reduces the playerbase we have currently.

It will take more than just having a publisher to take over iToS to lift it back up. The design and dev team need to work really hard to solve the issues we have currently. Even the kToS players are talking about the same issues we are talking about in their Dev meetup session.

Offtopic:
Btw, if you like Moonlight Sculptor, may I intro you to this list. It has most of the isekai (alternate world) manga/manhwa. If infringe any IPs do let me know Iā€™ll remove itā€¦
m.mangatown.com/lists/45863

edit: short of 1 number

3 Likes

And it still boils down to a meme.
We got IMCā€™ed!

huehuehue

2 Likes

about the EU/SEA stuff, canā€™t they have a global rights to publish it if they asked imc? Nexon will be the global publisher for the tos mobile. then again i have been hearing a lot of stuff about how bad nexon really is. atleast in NA.

iā€™m guessing the way it is now, will a reboot of the game save it? ofcourse most if not all major bugs should be resolved if they plan to relaunch the international version. but people say they are really understaffed sooo its also very unlikely to happen without a dedicated team for itos. its sad i really like the gameā€¦

suuuup nekorin :3 yah been a long time. im just lurking in the forums for now. haha. game state at 3k players TT_TT[quote=ā€œNekorin, post:9, topic:350302ā€]
Btw, if you like Moonlight Sculptor, may I intro you to this list. It has most of the isekai (alternate world) manga/manhwa. If infringe any IPs do let me know Iā€™ll remove itā€¦m.mangatown.com/lists/45863
[/quote]

omg. you donā€™t want me to sleep do you? reading the moonlight sculptor makes me want to play a deiv. hahaha.
anyways. thanks for the list. i hope i can finish them all :triumph:

1 Like

They donā€™t have to ā€œaskā€ IMC, Nexon is now a shareholder of IMC. Nexon can demand it if they want to.

because of staffs, developer and, publiherā€™s illness:

SPOILER

Uncompetitiveness

Here is the reason why we are in that situation.

3 Likes

Must be taking 3 months to eat donuts, thenā€¦

then will be released soon I hope

The word ā€˜hopeā€™ isnā€™t really reassuring T__T.

Any chance of giving us a concrete timeline in which we can expect some updates? I do know that it is hard to set a timeline but to the gamers it provides a beacon of hope rather than waiting every Monday only to get disappointed at the patch notes.

9 Likes

I agree with Nekorin.
Also would like to add, that, perhaps, smaller content patches would get us things to do more often than a bulk of thing trown at us at once

4 Likes

^ THIS. Regular, non-sporadic small changes I think is better than pushing a lot of things live at once, specially when it comes to troubleshooting resulting issues afterwards.

sorry biskeeā€¦

heres what i think.

imc can take all the time they need for the major update/overhaul.

for now, as long they dont break things up, its fine.

just keep the stability until theyā€™re ready for the big thing.

as player, if u think current tos is boring, u may take a break or continue farming for your equipment.

i hate to see everyweek something break n tos forum becomes ā€œhow to diy troubleshootā€ forum.

2 Likes