Tree of Savior Forum

Why TEAM isnt transfered?

So as title said, I did everything, no party at both chars, no items on market or lodge and still my ticket about transfer is “unanswered”… Somebody can tell me why?

1 Like

Same here. But mine is even worse. I can’t log into the game and keep getting the message “Your access to the game is currently restricted bla bla bla” :frowning:

1 Like

@wierzbamaciek @rreznov6
Can I get a screenshot of your support page showing the transfer ticket?

@Staff_Julie

There it is Julie

Can’t check my game since I am at work. So here is my current ticket for transfer that is also not yet answered.

Should our tickets still be unanswered at this time? Cause mine is still unanswered and I still haven’t gotten home yet to confirm whether I got transferred or not.

My team is transfered already and my support ticket still stay unanswered.

2 Likes

Same here, my ticket is still unanswered too - all conditions for transfer were met.

Ahh that’s great to hear
I just hope I am already transferred by the time that I get home D:

Btws, just to confirm something

Did you stop playing after the April 24, 23:59:59 EDT deadline of requests have passed or did you still keep on playing after that?

your already crying? . the deadline isnt met yet… start to read what they tell u omg…

I’m still playing after that time, if i remember it right.
Not sure :<

I kept playing after April 24th.

@Staff_Julie
Same for me as well .
My friend tried to send a friend request and he manage to.
So i assume my char is stilll in kaipeidia

:confused: Okay I asked just now and they said tickets aren’t going to be answered. I really don’t know why they decided to process it differently this time, I automatically assumed they’ll have it changed to [Answered] like last time with team name resets.

@wierzbamaciek
A staff member said your team’s been transferred. Have you checked?

1 Like

You seriously didn’t keep track of time? XD

Ahh if that’s the case I guess I shouldn’t be too worried of my friends who kept on playing after that day

I guess all I can do is hope for the best when I get home 2 hours from now @_@

Nevermind. Mine too has been transferred - ticket was just behind.

Huh… Okay… Guess I’ll just confirmed the transfer when I reached home.

Could you please check mine Julie? @Staff_Julie

@Staff_Julie

I just checked and looks like “staff member” lie :stuck_out_tongue:

Im 100% Sure, when I click [EU] Fedimian it asked me to create New Team Name and my both chars are on Orsha right now :frowning: PLS HELP