Tree of Savior Forum

Why players aren't coming back

A decent party is someone you can just leech into, like high trans people right? So it is locked behind too much grinding.

Nope. If a player can participate in a dungeon run in the first place, their gear shouldn’t be as bad as what I use in the ktest video. There is some sort of prerequisite gear check in the form of challenge mode and ability to gather enough materials to craft those raid stones.

What burden is the game imposing on newbies? It is way easier to get gear now to match most of the content the game throws at the players other than the high end content (HG/330Raid/ET). If everyone has easy access to clear those content, there isn’t much meaning to gear farming.

1 Like

How strong a weapon then? To be able to farm on these dungeon because of gear checks youre talking about? Trans how much? And how much Physical or Magical is required so we can guess if it is a whale or not.

The items newbies get are trash weapons. Good stats weapon are being taken by you and me and other veterans. If not we and if there is available we drive the price very high.

The whole “make your unique build” should be more developed, creating more sinergy between circles to kill the “meta” builds
ALSO giving money/utility classes some offensive/tactic skills to make them useful at TBL/PVE too

And talking about TBL: BALANCE THE GOD DAMN THING TO KILL THE GEAR = WIN
Enhacement/Transcendence shouldn’t be working in there, it’s already a nightmare to fight full solmiki set cash whales, its even worse if they +25/T10 them

Also reducing the enhacement level limt to +15, higher values just make the game worthless in terms of challenge and it’s well known that many players abused that enhacement bugs to get +25 and higher items

-insert white popolion of chaos- :tired:

1 Like

The main drawback that keeps me from being motivated about the game is the prospect that if I do invest into Transcending a weapon or even getting a weapon worth Transcending. It will only be usable for one of my characters. The thought of having to do the same with each character just puts me off big time.

Restrictions like this just kill any excitement for me. I find myself wanting to or actually going ahead and extracting my weapon from the Trans so I can play another character. Not the most efficient thing to do, but after spending all of that time and energy in just the weapon itself, it kinda feels like I must when I want to switch.

7 Likes

For 330 raid and 340HG, around 3-4k patk/matk will suffice if you go as a party. Why do you say that weapons that doesn’t have good stats are trash weapons? They are still pretty usable and are good equipment to use while the player farms for better equipments.

=======================================================

What iToS is missing currently is ways to market the game to potential players. Steam is a good platform to market the game if they know how to make use of the platform.

The R9 patch is also not fully implemented, especially with the multihit changes and buffs to hoplites/cataphracts/dragoons. Content wise we are still lacking in end game things to do, which I hope IMC will address it soon.

2 Likes

Ahh… I see after months and months of being away, the subject of “ToS is dead/dying” is still a hot topic.

The problem with this game for me is a hate/love relationship.
This game gives me nostalgia, when I played it first I was absolutely mesmerized, but the more I played the more linear it became, some story quests are great and original, but it’s just on 1 character, you’re simply not gonna do every quest again and again on every new roll, just to allow yourself to grind more exp so you have more characters to get better gear so with this better gear you can grind more effectively, endless circle.

I’ll never find again the feeling I first had when playing ToS.

I was about to play again but since my main’s a doppel 3, with the new matador thing and how restricted this class is, it’s either rank reset or go back to waiting.

In my opinion, at this point this game won’t ever really die, there will always be those 2-3k players, small (very small) peaks for updates, and the day it will close will be when they decide iTOS doesn’t bring enough money anymore.

It’s fun seeing this again, it kinda reminds me of the whole hueknights/doomknights forum meta, it actually made the game feel more alive.

5 Likes

It is only suffice by you but newbies dont dare to go there if they only have 3-4k attack damage. Someone already up there commented about that, didnt you read?

“40 Minutes is not fine for anyone.”

^What this comment rings to you? 4k attack is only trans 3 i think. My daily experience tells me people dont do that. Youre just making up that people do that DG with just 4k attack. Anyway that 4k damage is the main DPS not a leecher from stronger trans party mate. If you try to at least observe people ingame doing the raid dg. It is 100% all veterans or whales doing the DPS, why? because nobody wants to waste time and risk the run? So a DPS main newbies are left behind. Sure it is possible and you want newbies with just 4k to clear that DG. However practicality dictates you should not.

So what this new player gonna do to be able to clear that raid or other end game stuffs? Isnt it climb the RNG wall? Farm, farm and farm to get good stats then break that weapon with good stats, rinse and repeat.

Advertising your product is maybe good but it is double edge sword. Brand image has flaws. If your brand has more negativity on it then it is most likely going to snowball into more people hating this game. People are leaving the game more than ever. We had rank 9 and only manages to get 3k? Where in “rebalancing” before we had 8k to try the new changes? They didnt come back again because it is still sh1t and they wont comeback again after experiencing this bad game over and over again.

1 Like

Literally who gives a ■■■■ if you can’t do the 330 raid with shitty gear (even though I’m pretty sure you can complete it just fine, because nothing in this game is actually challenging, it just takes longer the less DPS you do) since it costs something like 8-12mil depending on availability and server to get all of the raid stones to do it. This is obviously not something intended for people without at least some basic level 350 gear and a few levels of transcendence. You could just sell the portal stones you get from challenge mode instead until you’ve got some decent gear. What MMO lets you just skip straight to farming the raid that gives BIS gear without even getting gear appropriate to your level first?

2 Likes

Not all people are like you or me. However gearing up to clear bigger challenge is common knowledge for a MMORPG. The content requires you to gear up, (i really wonder why people wont admit it that there is a gear check on raid and accept that fact so we can move forward).

It is good that someone llike you are content to just hang around and be happy. Unhappy people are those people who want to clear all the contents. Both exist. If people are being demoralized because of constant RNG failure then it is bad and should be change into something more saner.

1 Like

I don’t know man, this game has in game gambling (gacha boxs). And if made this into kid friendly game, a lot of art work need to be censored.

1 Like

Aren’t you the one on shout trying to shame people for not doing enough dps and it backfired?

Aren’t you the one who abandoned your party in ET after going AFK when they went in?

Much luls were had.

5 Likes

Everyone agrees that there is a gear check and it should exist.

It just isn’t too harsh if members are within the minimum requirement range. To be honest, that’s just fine, unless you’re a naked alchemist leeching off the run. I actually haven’t seen anyone else complaining the raid is too hard.

There is a reason pèeople will quit or not retrurn.
People have been abusing game “features” since the start.

Staking alot of level 8+ gems, hunded of milions of money, all hte equip with transcedence stage 10 and with all the equip +21 with no failure (or just 2-3) and loss of potential.

I played since the pre-release and i paid the founder pack. I got noone of those.
I havent abused

That’s all. As soon you realize everyone exept you and your few friend abused you will quit the game

1 Like

The check should exist and the method to clear is not?

So are you saying you should be able to clear endgame raid with no weapon equipped?

Without too much rng? I said that for many times already? Slow arent we?

1 Like

RNG on new gears won’t affect ability to clear or not. At maximum they will make it 2-5 minutes faster.

You could get a Thaum1 to party to give the same effect and we all know that a Thaum1 alone won’t make the difference between a success and failure in the raid.

Thats already a repeat of your argument before. Just back read what i replied and dont make me repeat myself over and over again like you doing with RNG grind in the game?

1 Like

So I’ll ask you directly then:

May you explain why and how will bad RNG HG/ID gear with same transcendence/enhance will change the outcome of an unique raid run with details and numbers?