Tree of Savior Forum

Why is nobody concerned with the lack of need/greed looting mode tho?

Protip, Bot programs don’t even need launch the game client at all, they just intercept packets and such. So hackshield would do exactly 0 to stop botters. Would would stop botting almost entirely would be if they encrypted the packets with a changing cyper, if the bot program cannot read the packets, it cannot work. afaik the tos packets probally aren’t even encrypted when you consider how stupidly fast and advanced the bot has become in such a short time. I mean even in RO it took them a while. Reporting bots only works so well, unless they have a system that will temp autoban a players account if the system gets x amount of reports on them. Which then after so many reports a gm would have to look at it. Games have tried bot reporting systems before, they don’t really work.

Getting rid of bots is like weeding your garden: if you don’t kill the roots the weed just grows back again in a day or so. This is why garderners will yank it out of the ground roots and all insted of just cut it at the base.

Since bots rely on being able to read, intercept and send packets to the game server to function, thats where you need to cut them off from to stop them. Nothing else is going to work, not even capchas some have tried, they eventually find a way to code the bot to bypass them entirely.

Another good way to combat botting is to make it not profitable enough for them to bother, and this is mainly done by low cash shop prices. Why spend 20 bucks to get the TP to get an item, when you could spend 5 or 10 to buy silver amd get the same item? this is the mentality of the people who buy from these guys. Same for farming, for some people their time is more important than money, so they just buy the silver they need.

All in all dealing with bots is extremly hard, due to them being like weeds.

Collection items, materials, etc. Basically: DROPS.
If you go as low as to ask me what is the point of trading at all inside an mmorpg, then i fear its you who needs to do a bit of research on the basics instead of me.

I tell you what it sounds like.
It sounds like someone who spent 4 hours grinding with his friends getting 7 items when we only needed 3. Why? Because one got 4 and i got 2 before the last one of us found one.

I will spell it out for you:
Currently if you need to farm an item YOU CANT EVEN JOIN A FRIKIN PARTY.
Why? Because the loot system is ****ed up and you cant distribute loot in any form or shape, only 3 types of random.
If thats not flawed for you, then gtfo. The suggestion is obviously not for someone who plays solo only.

I know a 210 priest that still uses cafrisun, and my 115 hoplite c2 uses cafrisun with an arde dagger in subweap slot and spear in main hand when soloing or dpsing. For tanking though I have a set of platemail and a shield on me at all times. But I don’t see me replacing caprisun for anything else anytime soon, not when it lets that 153 fire dmg from arde dagger apply twice, once to the inital hit then once to the caprisun set bonus proc. If I pay 2k for sacrament, that double hit becomes a triple hit. Stuff doesn’t hit hard even at 120, so defense is kinda compeltly pointless to worry about. Pretty much cafirisun set is good for any class. Its easy to farm or cheap to buy too.

BRO, collection items CAN BE TRADED wtf is wrong with you. All those items can be traded ONCE but you only need them for collection right so that one time trade wont affect you.

ROUND ROBIN LOOT is being adjusted and NO it will not differentiate on the rarity of the item, seems like you have NEVER played a korean mmo or ragnarok in your life. Its been this way on that side of the world in mmos FOREVER.

If you cannot save the 350k to buy a token from the market then sucks to be you.

PS. Some random you joined up with isnt about to hand over that 100k piece of harugal leather to you because you NEED it for a collection… He is gonna take his 100k… If it is your friend and you have the token then TRADE AWAY you can make 100k+ easily just from your dungeon + missions and killing mobs for an hour. a day. Token in 3 days.

You are crying about something that isnt broken.

2 Likes

Oh well. No trade. No sensible loot system. Screw it let’s just RMT. IMC made it impossible right? But if we somehow manage to buy that, what 1 dollar for 100k now? And not get caught, more power to us.
Hmm lets see how anyone sensible would do this. Change my IP, use a throw away account, buy cheap silver, buy desired recipes and mats, craft item. Switch IP a few more times somewhere in there. Trade to my main account with something seemingly worthwhile but not really (20x talts for a Gladiator Band) after making Some mild conversation between the two accounts about a good deal for you, I need talts blah blah blah.

Hmm nah this game won’t be p2w and clearly that can’t work, IMC has a huge staff of navy seals ready to catch that before I even think about it. Not to mention their new report buttons that won’t be abused.

But on topic:
Don’t you guys feel a tiny bit ridiculous fighting every suggestion tooth and nail? The guy wants a loot system that many other games utilize. It’s got nothing to do about RMT and the other restrictions about trading. He even sets the scenario amongst friends. Like everything else that IMC changes, aren’t you going to feel silly for fighting against this so strongly only to see IMC might actually make this come true and when they do… Will you fight so passionately to defend it then?

Did you even try to look for it?

There are several topics about the same and IMC already reconized that they need to modify the restriction system and allow items to be tradeable. Btw, there was also a guy who propouse a roll system (like any other MMO, where you actually roll for what you need… how people call that? Oh yeah, need/loot system).

Just an example:

Please, look for topics before make more unnecesary topics about the same issue over and over again.

This is exactly what I’ve complained about, though not specifically on the forums here.

If there’s absolutely no way to trade stuff to your friends/party/nearest neighbor, then the game desperately needs a NBG system.

Luckily they’re relaxing that restriction somehow at some point, but the lack of any loot priority is a large concern. Also the party loot distribution is supposedly fixed, so as long as its set to Random you should get at least equal odds as a greedy party.

Besides, in an actual NBG system, you can’t choose Need if you’re class restricted. So even if some parties are terrible, it can only be as bad as it is now, but possibly better. A NBG system is strictly superior to what already exists.

As it is, you cannot “help” people farm anything they need, because simply your being there hurts their odds tremendously. And if you all need the same thing, the first person to get it is encouraged to leave early, cause getting a dupe is even worse than ditching.

Even if they give free players a limited method of trading, it will still be inferior to looting the item yourself, as any equipment will lose Potential. It won’t be as if they never picked it up in the first place without some form of loot priority. Why should a group be punished just because the automatic distribution gave the wrong person the wrong item? Two parties defeat the same boss, but one Swordsman gets a pristine weapon, while another gets a broken hand-me-down because the Cleric picked it up. May as well have things randomly drop with lower potential and durability already…

There should be an incentive to trade newly dropped items within the active party, since if they’re just as good as market-bought then people will sell everything. This is harmful for the community.

1 Like

I actually don’t understand why everyone is so against a rolling and bidding system. You roll need or greed on whatever that drops, and then bid on the item if more than one person rolls greed. No one is getting a free item here, and everyone will get a chance to contest a decent drop instead of it randomly going to a lucky person. If anything, the current system is unfair. If everyone is contributing to the hunting party, then everyone should have the chance to bid on the drop. On the other hand, if you are partying with friends and your friend actually needs a drop, you could just pass the roll, and they won’t have to pay a cent. Alternatively, you could just turn the feature off in party settings. If anything, this feature will only improve the loot system and encourage partying with randoms. Can someone explain to me what its downsides are?

Edit: As @UnLuckyCat also pointed out, even if 1:1 trading is implemented, items will unnecessarily lose potential just because you have bad RNG and your friend got your drop instead. This feature would appropriately address the shortcomings of 1:1 trade.

1 Like

There is NOTHING that drops in this game you cannot easily farm yourself, things that are NOT easy to farm, rare blue drops and blue recipes or 1% material drops. Nobody is going to hand that over to you or should they be expected to. There is FOUR character slots and that item will be useful to the new owner of said item on one of his characters or to just damn sell it and use the silver to upgrade one of his characters.

This whole main / alt mentality is screwing with your head. All my characters are equal and ANYTHING i get is mine and deserves to be mine until i decide otherwise. Take your need/before greed system and go elsewhere commie scum.

I don’t understand why you keep implying people will be “handing things over” against their will with this system. They have to bid for it. If you don’t want them to have it for free, they won’t. If you don’t like the price they’re willing to pay, you can bid for it yourself.

I also don’t understand why you want to support the current system which dissuades people from partying, when this is a social MMO.

1 Like

God damn son… in what world did you grow up?
You got literally nobody who would share with you? Ever?
Sorry, but since all of my buddies are constantly sharing in other games, nor do we have issues with sharing with those who end up with us in a pug… i really dont see your point.
Sorry bruh. Both for not being able to agree with you AND your upbringing.

• The announcement states trading class specific items. Not all and any loot.
    Furthermore, trading comes with 1 point loss in potential.
    Try reading what you link, will you?
  • The second one is a partial hit, the title is a mismatch
  • If you actually did type need/greed into the search bar then you would see that i am the only one with this specific request
  • We are full with topics and subjects that have reposts in the hundreds, i know full well that you are complaining at me because i hurt your ego, but please know that neither was it intentional nor could i care less about it. If you choose to make an issue out of this for yourself, then knock yourself out.

LOL sorry dude our 11 people in our group that party everyday all day and night HAVE ZERO problems with the system. Please tell me where your pug is and on what servers i will really appreciate all that harugal leather i need 34 to make my 2 aias shields. Thanks.

Oh? So your 11 ppl can share loot?
What was your point again? “Made up bs” or “r u a poorfag, buy a token”?
Cant say i care for either of those retarded points. Troll harder please.

Honestly, the only reason I can see why someone would not like this idea is if they are in fact, the “lucky person” under the current system. If rolling/bidding is implemented, they’ll have to start paying for what they previously got for free. On the other hand, if you already hunt items solo, this feature will not affect you in any way.

@ackadacka20, why are you so against its implementation? If the feature is introduced in such a way that it can be turned off in party settings, then you simply don’t have to use it, especially since your party is fine with the current system. But it will be there for those who want to use it, and it won’t affect you in any way.

1 Like

THERE IS NOTHING TO SHARE YOU FOOL. I have repeated this to you so many times its clear you are a deaf child. We all go farming for mats and we all take it as it comes. There has not been anything worth trading yet. We all need the same drops, belfigi beads, harugal leather, cliquare cores and kepa wings.
We all need hundreds of them for all our gear on all our characters.

This isnt wow kid where someone has a “main”. Every and any drop can be used by anyone at any time. About tokens like i said before is it to hard for you to farm 350k ? i make that EASILY just from dungeons and missions and killing mobs in 3 days

Im not against implementing it at all, as long as its not the default system.

Well, then they don’t have to and they can roll for it. Unless they want to hand it over, even under the misguided hope that others will do the same. Do you at least agree this helps for less rare things, like 2-10% drops?

If it’s easy to farm yourself, why aren’t you hunting it on your equally as important alt? Farm it on the character who needs it in your own time, then. Why should somebody who isn’t playing get a free item?

It still helps you anyway, no matter your stance on the issue, because as it stands now one person can get every single important drop since every item is treated equally. The ultra rare super weapon / recipe / accessory or whatever that just dropped is randomly distributed alongside the guaranteed trash material.

You’ve got 4 characters to gear up, and need a ton of silver for various things. I understand that, I really do. But right now you could farm items all day and not have anything to show for it because the guy next to you just happened to get it all. He’s rich and his 4 characters now have good gear, and he needed you to kill the mobs that dropped them in the first place! Thanks, guy!

With a simple rarity/star rating tiered loot system, everyone currently playing will have something to show for their time invested. As you said, any item can be useful to everyone, even if it’s simply to sell, and a NBG system helps ensure that nobody gets screwed because they dared to party up for group content.

1 Like

You know what id prefer even more, Instanced loot, that way nobody would cry because they cant see what someone else gets.

• Mats
  • Collection items
  • Gems
  • Class specific gems
  • Recipes

Just to name a few. The notion of “we all take it as it comes” might suit your taste because you are just out there grinding for the sake of nothing, not searching for anything either, but it doesnt suit my taste or the taste of my buddies.
But hey, i am only deaf. You seem to have been born without a brain for not being able to comprehend why other people would actually mind farming a less than 1% drop chance loot for hours, not being able to give it to the one who needs it.

So to summarize, your point is this: We dont care about drop rates, drops, anything, we just continue as long as it takes.
Grats. What if i told you that there are people who have a life unlike you self sodomoizing basement dwellers and do mind that extra 1-2 hours which is spent to try and get that item to their pal while they have 5 of it on them already?

Seriously, get out. I cant converse without insults when the opposition refuses to see the other side’s points.

Implying i wont know what my friends get.
Yeah its not like we are in a party, communicating or anyth… oh wait, i keep on forgetting that you are the definition of the forever alone meme.

Please quote the part which implies that this should be the default loot share method and everything else should be removed. I dare you. Quote it.
I LITERALLY asked for the option of a need/greed. Not a forced, “remove everything else”.
Get out. NOW.

Because you dont have a point dude. All those things you listed CAN BE TRADED. SO WTF IS YOUR POINT AGAIN ?