Tree of Savior Forum

Why is Firewall so utterly useless?

If you see me doing something wrong let me know, but from repeated uses it looks like the ENTIRE WALL can only hit 6 times and then the entire thing vanishes. WHAT?

That is totally useless. I didn’t take a vid, but in this same map I tried firewall on a water element boss. It did around 5% of the boss’s health.

I then cast fireball and flame ground, and they killed the boss easily with hits & time to spare. It seems wrong that there’s such a wild discrepancy in pyromancer skill power.

It IS possible that I’m doing it wrong. Does anyone have LIVE footage of a pyromancer using firewall effectively? I’d love to see it. If not, then this skill definitely needs a major buff. It’s a huge shame that the RO classic firewall is so completely pointless in TOS.

2 Likes

Agreed. Very disapointed with the skill. Very useless atm. Maybe its good lvl 10 in pvp only?? But gawd its horrible!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Not only is firewall the slowest casting skill in the pyromancer arsenal, but the damage is awful. I just demonstrated that for you. It’s as if you didn’t bother watching the video.

Do you have proof of someone getting good usage out of firewall on live ITOS? If so, I’d love to see it. If not, kindly save your theorycrafting for a theorycrafting thread. It sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That is one of the most meaningless things I have ever heard. I thoroughly demonstrated in game that the damage is awful. If you think the damage is decent, then your understanding is clearly flawed at best.

I loved to use firewall to block enemies efficiently back in Ragnarok.
Then i came here thinking that i would be able to play like that again, which was one of the most interesting aspects of Wizard to me, and…NOTHING, its just a sh** AOE spell, like so many other boring skills for the mage class of ToS.

I cant understand why they choose to implement such boring skills…this game had so much potention to build upon Ragnarok :frowning:

Back in Ragnarok i loved to play Wizard.
Here in ToS (if i play), ill be Swordsman.

I love firewall mechanic in ragnarok.

I remember killing soil beans and making the firewall a certain way to stop it from attacking me.

Fun times man.

I don’t mind the skill being different. My problem is with it being worthless. I mean, the skill is quite clearly bugged. It only does half the hits before the entire wall goes away. At the very least, it should be fixed to actually land 12 hits as the tooltip suggests, but that wouldn’t even make it worth the 45s cooldown. I think the number of hits should be reduced, but each tile should last for the full number of hits. Maybe 1 tile and 1 hit per level. It’s already awkward to cast, might as well reward you for casting it well.

the only good thing about firewall is able to hit flying mobs… and thats it… nothing more :smiley:

Yeah you’re going to be thinking this a lot. A lot of skills in this game is straight out useless. Hopefully they fix that in the future.

I’m trying to decide whether or not I should get a high level firewall or fireball. Firewall was also the skill that I was really looking forward to in TOS. I thought it was cool how you could place each tile in a certain direction. Level 15 gives you 8 tiles and is supposed to hit 17 times. So that’s 2 tiles per hit obviously, but it’s an odd 17 hits. Like you MIGHT have a chance to get another hit in with 1 out of 8 tiles. I wonder if this skill does a lot of damage if you had a very high attribute level. It is one of the many damaging skills that can be leveled up to 100. (Will cost a lot of money.) May I ask what attribute level your firewall is?

Regardless, I think firewall is far too weak to level up and be used as a main skill. It needs some reworking I think. This is not RO, but a pushback/blocking feature would be awesome, even if some tiles were taken away. I’d be fine with that even if the damage stayed the same!

I thought about resetting to max it but I’m afraid to with what I’ve seen so far. I’m forcing myself to get firewall for now =(.

Its much better to just place 2 (!) fireballs beneath the enemy for much greater effect. Fireballs also have much shorter cooldown.

The only good side of firewall compared to fireball is that is cannot be kicked by other players.

@nojustnotos

I’ve got you!

3 Likes

Wow, did firewall get buffed or something?

These mobs have 86k hp and he does roughly 1300 per hit. It would take 66 hits to kill one of these. Only 2 of the firewall tiles were consumed by the time the entire linked pack was dead.

Is this something to do with joint penalty, or does firewall actually hit that many times now on a single target? Anyone with a maxed firewall currently want to shed some light?

Lol @ anyone who thinks spells in TOS are well made. They continuously boasted to have 80+ classes but in every other class, 2 out of 4~5 of their skills are useless and are totally disappointing(physical link COUGH).

And even if they worked they are usually buggy, inconsistent, or just underpowered to the point it should not even hold a place on your hotkey bar.

In the linker video, that’s what Joint Penalty does, not really the Firewall, it is the same with Icewall.

I know what joint penalty does, but why does his firewall hit so many times? It had to hit at least 66 times on each mob with joint penalty, meaning the firewall was able to produce that many hits on a single target.

Looks to me like either there was some sort of bug where joint penalty was bouncing off of it self with firewall, or the skill doesn’t fade after 17 hits now.

Need someone to test it.

Thank you! Any idea what level firewall that person had?

Also though 1300 damage per tic @ 225 >.>

wtb skill dmg.

It’s level 15. :slight_smile:

When watching Korean videos… Pyros and Linkers please remember that Link used to DOUBLE AoE damage, and it does not do that now. It merely makes the AoE skill hit ALL linked mobs, instead of counting the damage twice! Not entirely sure, but this is why Pyro+Linker used to be so absurdly powerful, but not applicable now, sadly :frowning: