Tree of Savior Forum

Why is Firewall so utterly useless?

Most players don’t even mess with my fireballs either. They are more focused on attacking the monster, even if the fireball needs to be in another area. I still have to kick it myself in a party.

Just give firewall pushback!!! That’s all I ■■■■■■■ want lol.

It’s not bad, it’s just not good on early circles, at level 15 I believe id does 12 hits for any of the walls, it is huge ground control and those hits are shared by links.

Also they hit very fast, which means huge burst, It is 1200% damage distributed between targets hetting the wall, which is almost instant cast.

It’s the only skill of Pyro C3 that’s actually worth maxing.

Well that’s certainly not true. Fireball 15 is amazing.

I dunno what’s going on in that video. My firewall never lasts even close to that long or for that many hits, but a lot of those hits were probably coming from links.

I think firewall may not be worth it at all unless you also have linker.

Firewall has always sucked and it always seems like it doesn’t really do much else then laze about and every once in a while problems show up and it didn’t do anything helpful.

Microsoft’s firewall is terribad and you should grab a Meraki MX80 if possible.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this firewall does 17 hits per tile…

Now, I have an idea about what could make @nojustnotos FW sucks so much…

1. The ~drumroll~ ping (hits don’t register).
  2. All firewall tiles AoE-hit the Sawpent since firewall is “around” it (even if two tiles are simultaneously triggered, only one hit will register).
    Could you try a vertical firewall on a high-HP mob ?

That video is three months old and on a different server. IToS didn’t exist when it was recorded.

Your video is current and on our server.
I’d love to see what firewall 15 looks like for us, if you’re planning on continuing…

I’m not going to take pyro3 right now. I’m far too interested in necro2.

If someone else has a pyro3 available for iToS testing?

@lemaitre_dulotus

I’ll try to capture it tonight.

I went pyro C3, Works just fine for me.
Firewall is the business.
Hits flying enemies where FG doesn’t throw up the whole 8 tiles on a boss.

I missed this kind of Fire Wall in the CBT. :frowning:

8 tiles at level 15 isn’t worth the skill points at all.

Well, 20 tiles is pretty broken though. But Ice Wall got 16 tiles so why not? :smile: