Tree of Savior Forum

Why is cannoneer so unpopular?

All cannoneer skills are additional flat damage. No damage scaling in %.

1 Like

Shoot Down only makes you do full damage with Cannon Ball, it don’t ground flying.

All Cannon skill are %, the description of the skill that is wrong.

1 Like

I’ve had the same experience on arch2-hunt3-appr-cannon2. Growling is only effective with aiming. Or a linker or cryo ice tree to force mobs into your pet. If you want to play tower defence cannon style, QS pavise & caltrops are easier to use to draw aggro.

Hunter snatching is the only skill currently in the game which will turn flying into ground. Shootdown debuff only affects cannon shot.

Hunters Pointing can do this for you.
The pet runs around and aggros every possible mob.
This kind of provoke also ignores the mob limit, so it’s basically a slow but effective “Mini-Swashbuckling”. Once you’ve got enough mobs around your pet, you use Growling and they become passive.

1 Like

can’t speak for others but I did used to have a Cannoneer C2. It was ok. I just didn’t like how pot consuming the class is. Not just sp, but also hp because you’re mostly stationary especially if you use bazooka. Other skills also freeze you in place to shoot. I focused more on spamming the short cd skills but that meant more sp consumption.

Siege Burst was actually fun to use and my fav skill in the class. Super long range, short cd decent damage, AoE, crowd control if you want to knock down back, and raising its level means you can almost instant cast.

Bazooka is just plain bad. Locks you in place and slow setup time. Also, why the fk is there even a minimum distance to be able to attack? Trying to go realistic for just this skill is so stupid. You’re screwed when mobs get close to you which is almost always when there’s a bunch. Siege burst saved my ass though. I was also a QS3 but Running Shot was near useless with Bazooka because of slow set up and slow rate of fire. RS doesn’t last too long and you’d have to exit out to recast everytime.

Seems the new C2 attribute for Bazooka fixed this problem. No more attack range and higher Aspd.

It could also be the reason the interaction with [running shot] and [bazooka] broke.

do you still get the multihit for Bazooka from Running Shot though? could care less about the atk speed

So what would be a good/standard/common build for cannoneer? Other than QS3?

I’m trying to avoid ranger as I already have few builds with them in it…

Archer 3 - Wugushi 2 - Appraiser - Cannoneer 2
Archer 3 - Wugushi 3- Cannoneer 2
Archer 2 - Sapper 3 - Appraiser - Cannoneer 2
Archer 2 - Sapper 3 - Rogue - Cannoneer 2
Archer 3 - Scout 3 - Cannoneer 2
Archer 3 - Scout - Appraiser - Falconer - Cannoneer 2

Pretty much anything that isn’t SR works with cannoneer until the rank 7. Even Fletcher works but I don’t like Fletcher without Magic Arrow in the max and Divine Machine Arrow. And I don’t use Hunter either, for me the key to make any Archer build mediocre is to put Hunter in it, it had lost even the shine that it had in PvP.

If you want to use Hunter, use with Falconer 3 to make any non DPS check in Earth Tower easy, outside of that… avoid.

1 Like

Guys what do you think about this cann build for pvp?
AR2 (crit rate)
Sapper (detonate traps - destroy enemy magic circles)
Scout (cloak)
Appraiser
XXXXX (any filler, mb QS for deploy pavis?)
Cann 2

And another question, do you think cannoneer c3 will be good compared to musk c3 in pvp?