Tree of Savior Forum

Why IMC should provide skill/stat resets due to the latest patch

today’s event give skill reset potion.

1 Like

Ah yes, the first victim. I might as well use one of your most used previous “arguments” regarding a circle reset to show you that facts and opinions are entirely different.

Fact: It’s a guarantee that people will have a leeway in adjusting their builds in future changes or patches with the existence of a circle reset, catering to a specific crowd who either wishes to maximize or adjust their gameplay to suit their needs while overall not affecting the gameplay of other people who prefer to not utilize such a feature.

Opinion aka “ASSUMPTION”: I may not be a developer, but I believe circle resets should not be released because the developers made the game in a way that does not suit its existence.

I’d provide more examples but I think it’s more fun to wait till more people arrive to tell them to me themselves.

Now I challenge you, can you show me an argument of my side that is similar to yours that isn’t personalized or assumed? I’d like to see them.

er what?88tp is a big deal for u?

@Rehail

Each of us have 24 hours a day. What we decide to do with it is entirely up to us. In all kinds of work/skills/anything, it is always those who devote more time to it will win out. This is something which is inevitable.

Take a real life skill for example. Discounting talents, 2 players learning a skill (eg, piano, skating, cooking etc), the one who puts in more time will achieve more than one who puts in lesser time.

This is the same for MMOs, they reward players who devote more of their time to it. It is the rule of nature, the more you time you spend honing a craft or playing the game, the more proficient you are or better gear you have.

Yes, sad to say that players who are still schooling have more disposable time than us. Working adults like us just have too many things in life to fulfill. But we can’t put the blame on having no time just because of that.

We too were once 14-19, schooling and have boatloads of free time at our disposal. At that time perhaps our older generation were debating having no time for the games like we do right now lol. It is time we pay our dues, since we have enjoyed our teenager years of free time years back.

@zeitzbach YES YES I would very much love that. Please make it happen IMC

@Levan Err I don’t really get what you are saying though.

Challenge not accepted.

I would rather not engage in the debate putting forth the very same reply as like you. Please do go through my previous replies with you. They have not changed :3

Hereby I present to you this, you have got me with this one.

Fact: The game have multiple character slots, and is expanding to support MORE.

Don’t like your current build? What’s stopping you from making a new character?
Time? Other people spent time making multiple alts, why is yours a special case?

Yeah, they had it, it’s called Founders Pack 1 which was up for over a month long and even went on 50% discount for a week.

I was right :slight_smile: As I said, you guys just can’t wait…

@Nekorin
If your work takes about 12hrs (sometimes more than 12hrs), you need about 6hrs to sleep and the other 3/4 you have a lot things (in RL) to do. Actually you have really few hours to play.
This are things you must to do, don’t have choice like learning a skill and you can decide if go or not (like you said: piano, etc).

Not all MMO reward players who play the entire day. There are MMO when you have done some things, you can log out without problem, they reward you, no need to play all day.

And yes, I’ve played months ago a MMO where player were rewarded until the continous rushing (adding content) from who runs. And most of people who have work (and money) quitted.

A game should not only watch who play 24/24, because that people might not have money to contribute the game.
The game should watch everyone, who can play every day and who can’t.
This is what I think. And that’s why I agree with resets, of all types.

Personally I don’t need any kind of reset on my character, if I can’t join guildes or do ET, I don’t care. Is my first character, I’ve don’t follow any build, and set skills, stat and choose rank as I want and what I like.

I’m not saying “we need resets” for my own (like someone is saying). But I agree for who really need them (who don’t have time to reroll everytime).

I’m a player and I have a RL: I can understand who is working and who play all day.

Ofc there are players who play all day and want reset. But, honestly, I don’t care about them, I don’t rosik if they have resets.

And right now it has nothing.

Usually, you would expect F2P games to have permanent set of items going on sale in rotation or throw some random extra cashing reward.

It’s like they don’t want to give the players any incentive to buy more stuffs. Item release is rather slow, they don’t have any promotions at the moment to welcome all the new stuffs comign in and they’re giving away free stuffs.

1 Like

Of course if people had known then they would’ve taken it.
But at that time neither the players and, most likely, neither IMC knew that they’ll one day have to rebalance blessing.

Sure, if you could’ve known that you might have picked a different build, with maxed blessing. But if we go the “what if/if i had known”-road then we’ll end up in really stupid situations.

What if they one day decide to bump up the upgrade rates for high upgraded items from 51% chance to 61%, should they retroactively recalculate all the upgrades that have ever been done and restore items/silver accordingly? I can already see the complaints in the forums : “If i had known back then that they’ll improve the upgrade chances in the future i would’ve waited with my upgrading. Restore all my items plzzzz!”

Or if they one day remove the tax from the market place npc: “Ohhh, if i had known that one day they’ll remove the tax i would’ve not sold that arde dagger 3 years ago, i would’ve kept it. IMC, restore my 100k lost silver that i lost via tax 3 years ago plzzzz!!!”

You see how ridiculous that sounds? People need to learn to live with their decisions or at least accept that the decision they made was their own free choice, even if they regret them in hindsight.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve nothing against free skill resets if builds are negatively affected by a patch or, after thinking about it, maybe even free resets after improving skill patches.

However i’m very much against this entitled sounding “IMC, how dare you improving class skills that not specifically benefit my skill build which i freely chose! How should i have known that in the future other builds might be better? Free reset plz!”-attitude, like they owe you something just because a patch that improved your class made a skill you freely chose not to max more useful.

You may kindly ask IMC for a free reset and if done with manners in that case i wouldn’t mind people asking for it, but you can’t go around complaining “if i would’ve known,… Q.Q stupid IMC how dare you not tell me the future, then i would’ve known”, like it’s their fault. It’s neither IMCs fault that you made the decision to not max blessing nor can they look into the future for every single balancing update they’ll ever do.

We get a free skill reset today.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

We understand your situation. However, we hope you understand that we will be unable to grant your request since this would be unfair to other players in the community.

understand? ■■■■■■■ joke staff

they should already provide reset to everyone that affected by change

imc attitude player should research before put stat point all skill

ofc ppl do

but with change that they will never know make what they think best become worst

spr chaplain was have better buff than int chaplain but do a bit lower damage

now spr do a lot better damage and having better buff

what point of int chaplain now, could u tell me?

it’s mmo not moba that reset in everygame

nerf buff cycle not have big problem ppl can try new build again and again

but with mmo?? and they don’t provide reset potion after big change

2 Likes

Hi Guys, does skill reset potion has an expiration day? Like I should use it before this day or that day. Im planning to keep it for future use haha. Thanks for the answers :))

reset in special reward

many ppl already 280 and don’t interest in exp tome

they just skip event and now they know that reset is a reward

but it too late for them to get that too

this ■■■■■■■ frustate than not giving any reset potion

1 Like

3 Likes

Didnt you know what stat resets are only given out in events? We have an event.

1 Like

HOW DARE THEY DON’T TEMPT ME TO BUY THINGS AND JUST GIVE OUT FREE STUFFS FOR PLAYING THE GAME

…wait, you’re complaining about that?

How is this EVEN a huge issue when the next BIG PATCH hasn’t arrived yet? Big question mark on my head.

It is ok to ask for a reset but with all these assumptions about IMC being this, being that is absurd. Toxic community is toxic. A lot of small minded feeble lurking around.

Don’t worry, I will carry a pitchfork when they don’t give out a skill reset potion with you guys but until then… chill.