Tree of Savior Forum

Why IMC should provide skill/stat resets due to the latest patch

since when is age of the topic an issue? what logic are you going by here?

i do have a tank

and if you mean the guardian nerf , it has happened in ktos and the ktos players were furious so obviously its going to be bad? lol

honestly you are a collection of ignorance

we NEED circle reset, nvm skill and stat reset

Since the “plan” argument was used alot, it is a good idea to discuss things beforehand to have a plan b in case something goes horribly wrong.
If you start looking for a solution once the problem is fully ruining the game, it may be destroyed by the time you finally have your solution.

@Hilsun
I didnt max Blessing on my PD for exactly that reason and held back TP for a reset potion, after discovering the kTOS change. Not playing Chap though.

1 Like

Because it`s no NEW. Read the title.

Nothing wrong with skill reset. You can find in TP for cheap so a free skill reset won’t be a big deal

It struck me the other day that anyone who has been saying “ToS is a plan-based game and therefore you shouldn’t get resets” is fighting against himself when the game is constantly changing.

If the game literally never changed, as @scarethemonkeys facetiously stated in a previous post, then I could understand that the game is how it is, and if you don’t plan correctly you will be punished with a poor build. But the problem is: IMC making changes to skills and abilities and stat functionalities is not the fault of the player.

Anyone who says that the game should be plan-based and players should be punished for their build mistakes, but also continues to believe resets should not be provided when stats and builds undergo changes, is basically arguing with themselves. If it’s a plan-based game, it needs to remain static so that the builds that players plan out remain just as functional as they intended from the beginning. But if IMC is going to introduce changes to those builds, IMC also needs to present an opportunity for players to adjust their builds accordingly, or else you can’t call it a plan-based game, since IMC introduced something that could not have been accounted for.

So which is it? o_O

4 Likes

it still crippled their build

regardless of when it happened

sadhu still struggles to this day and really only rogue c1 is useful the other 2 ranks are horrid compared to what you could be getting

when is the last time you even saw a sadhu?
i haven’t for awhile

Just bringing you up to date with the original post.

What is under discussion is that recent changes in the game destroyed almost all classes, so everyone needs class reset, skill and stats.

I wanted to have a Sadhu, did not because it was bad. If I’m not mistaken it was buffed and not nerffed in recent changes.

You want a class very much and uses the Sadhu as an example, you do not have one. This is exactly what 95% of people who want this reset are doing here. And giving class reset to people won`t fix Sadhu.

I only asked for that guy to show his character for me to understand why it was “lost” in the last patch.

I dont really see how a free reset is warranted.
Did Blessing get worse with that patch? No.
Do you have benefits from that patch, even though you only have blessing level 3? Yes.

If the blessing change made your character worse and lose damage then i’d understand your point and i think a reset might be warranted.
However, since your character instead got improved, even though Blessing 3 has not as good benefits as Blessing 15 it’s still an improvement, i don’t really see why a free reset is warranted.
Your character is as good as before or even better than before, what is it that you’re complaining about? You might regretting that you didn’t take Blessing 15 in the first place, but that’s not IMCs fault, it was your own decision.

There is no way to guarantee that a complex program is completely bug free.

@Sayurichan

First question: Do you play a character based on priest? If not, you are disqualified from discussing a free reset based on this example.
Priests have many useful skills and as stated, before the change, maxing Blessing was not a very prudent thing to do. The points could be put into better use. And those who bought a skill reset over this issue had to take points from other skills to max Blessing.
You ignore the whole point made clear by many people so far. It may be the player’s decision not to max Blessing, but what was it based on? Right, the lack of information. Had we known beforehand kTOS will get such a change…

Seems like people here like to be on the top of the chart, every single time. “OMG skillz changed, killed my char”. I’m laughing SO ■■■■■■■ HARD at those guys who stated and flamed @akisera with that “peltasta is must have” bullshit. Hahaha.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

what i am reading from you is that you know your character is sad and you willingly chose it knowing it would be sad but you have other characters worth playing so you play those lmfao

aka masochist

2 Likes

its ok i am in the same club i am making a sapper 3 rogue 3 trapper build

and my pelt 3 squire 3 is pretty much dead

1 Like

Yes, i do have a priest character.

That being said : Why would not having a priest character disqualify me from judging things about priest characters? You don’t have to be a priest character to know priest skill mechanics and priest gameplay or to be allowed to criticize things about priest characters.

By that logic : People, stop criticizing IMC. You can’t judge or criticize IMC unless you are working for IMC. If you are not working for IMC, you are not allowed to criticize or comment on IMC.

If the patch did not make your character worse, why is there reason to complain?
Because some skill you didn’t max was buffed?
So, how does it affect you in any bad way? Because it doesn’t.

As i’ve said:
If the patch made your class worse then i would fully understand the complaints. However, since Blessing was improved i don’t see any reason to complain, since no one is suffering or having a worse character because of that change.

The only thing i’m seeing is that you regret your decision to not take max blessing because of “lack of information”, as if that information was available before kTOS got it. I doubt even IMC knew beforehand that they’ll do this skill improvement until 1~2 weeks before the patch got applied.

But lets take this logic to another situation:
Lets say i buy a NVIDIA graphics card since it’s better than the ATI counterpart. I play with it for a month or two. Then one day ATI releases a driver patch that makes the ATI card way better than the NVIDIA card.
Do you think i could go to the store and say "The NVIDIA card is no longer the best option for me. I want to give it back and get the ATI card for free. And how dare you not give me the information that yesterday a patch would make the option i didn’t choose by my own free will better than the option i chose 2 months ago?"
Do you think me complaining and demanding free stuff in that situation would be acceptable, even though my NVIDIA card is as good as it was when i bought it?

Just because the choice you made for your character is no longer the super-best-pro-optimum decision it does not mean your character is worse than before, its at least as good as before.

So i guess you want a free reset for every single possible positive change that happens?
“They buffed Zaibas to do 10 additional damage per hit. If i would have known that when i made by character 2 weeks ago i would’ve chosen Krivis instead of Diev. IMC free reset PLZ!!!”.
“They made Skyliner have a faster animation? Free reset plzz!!!11”.
“A certain skill costs 1 less sp? Gosh, if only i would’ve known that, i’d totally have chosen that skill to max. Free reset plzzzz!!!oneoneeleven”.

1 Like

Since you did not get the point, I need to break it down to simple words.
You are right that it was not nerfed, but the major problem remains. Had people known that this change would come one day, many, probably the vast majority of SPR or INT based priests out there, would have maxed it outright. Though the skill was buffed, that severely affects builds.
How often did you see +170 (or 174 with Divine Might) that did not come from a pardoner, pre change?

Since you put up RL comparisions, here is one that describes what IMC is doing. You change the rules after the game. Or you punish people for actions done before a new law got introduced after its introduction. Is that fair?

1 Like

@haukinyau i ask again you to stop reply.
You said the same in every post, 1000 times.

Thx. We understood your position. Now go play TOS and quit the forum for now

:smiley:

1 Like