Tree of Savior Forum

Why i vote for a wipe

One hand you have your main project, an international mmo server with tons of bugs + balance problems + optimization problems… in other hand, a slow task that will demand a huge amount of time and resources…

Hm… What should IMC do…

1 Like

Some of you seem to fail to grasp the long term effects of a wipe when told we wouldn’t have one.

Immediately, some would be fine with it .Others would demand a refund, others would just quit,some take a break, etc.

But this also further damages their already extremely fragile public image. The game is already falling in rank and player count last I checked, which leaves word of mouth as the best remaining option. But on top of all these other bad decisions they also decided to wipe our progress, so guess what people are going to tell their friends? They’ll never recover from it.

Some mmo’s can “rebirth” after a while and last a little bit of time, but not a game that killed itself and trust with its customers with all these problems. And if they hadn’t given refunds despite going back on their word, you can bet people won’t trust them with their money again.

Just painting a picture of what would happen if they decided to do something this idiotic. I’m in total agreement with some of the others here. It’s not some small thing, it’s suicide.

3 Likes

Why i vote for wipe? “I fail with my characters and i need a circle wipe hurr durr” :slight_smile:

Then you think wipe will be the solution? Again, please answer my second question, how can you guarantee wipe will COMPLETELY get rid of those steam bugs?

I agree with you that making the token untradable will help solve this problem a lot and since IMC already noticed this issue, late is better than never. But again, wipe should make minimum impact on those hackers and only legal players hurts a lot.

That is a good way to encourage people to buy silver. Remove the only legal way to do it.

1 Like

For those of you that want a wipe just wait until the new f2p servers come out and go there. Everyone is happy.

Actually it makes it binding as she’s a spokesperson and so it has an impact. Anyway it’s an easy win for us in a court of law especially if they wipe. People believed her considering her position with IMC- not to mention that it was broadcasted and so they have no choice but to honor their word as they didn’t even deny any of it. So yes, it’s legally binding and definitely something that can be prosecuted.

Was this “legal way” that start this mess, the scammers were selling tokens to gain easy silver from RMT that bought with bot’s silver to bypass 1:1 trade restrictions…

Legal way is farming, selling loot, quest… not selling tokens

Only down for a wipe if something is actually done about it and exploiters. If nothing’s going to change, don’t even bother… Sacrifices are worth being made if there’s a good coming out of it but if we continue to go hours, days without seeing action despite the reports then… whatever, don’t bother.

No its not.

Even if you managed to get to court on your rickety claim. She was also the newest staff member, they could easily claim error or miss communication.

No, its really not.

Probably the worst topic ever. If the developers wanted to wipe the games each time someone found some kind of bug or exploit we would had wipes every two month.

Why you have such a butt hurt about some other people getting some free gold if this doesn’t affect you directly. There is probably 150k players and about like 50 or 100 used that exploit. You probably wont event meet them in game at all. What about people buying tons shiet of gold from gold sellers, wipe the server too because they god their gear sooner than everyone else? Pathetic request to be honest

1 Like

I’m also in favor of a wipe. I have a 226 necro2. I’d trade it all to reset this broken economy.

IMC should just go down like the plague and clean up this mess. Less than two weeks to go. Good luck. If they can’t manage to track and reset/wipe to those who were able to use the dlc exploit before F2P release, can’t imagine the economy of the current servers to ever stabilize.

Not in favor of a wipe, time>whatever currency flowing in this awful economy, if it can even be called one.

Have you seen the amount of sh1t ton of silver that one guy posted in the forums. That single guy can practically control the price of every single item in-game that is tradable through auction house. Don’t give a sh1t whether he is able to purchase and upgrade attributes. He can be a troll and play with economy if he wants to.

And do you think its hard for developers to find out whos got how much silver and just delete it?

totally agree with WIPE only 130 hours of game lvl 151, i have take 10 day holydays from work for have a boost in the srart (made 90h in 10 days and 40h in 2 week… ) but i want wipe even if i will be for ever low lvl haha but really i dont want play a game where is full of cheaters and bug abusers that can have what everything with some hours of game, when we common player put our heart go read about game make build lvl up and game atm is totally ruined…

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS

WIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALLLLL NOWWWWW WIPEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKKKKKKKK!!!

If you read how its done. All of that players transactions in game are legit. I would be hard to reasonably ban them.

Coordinate with steam to acquire emails of Steam Accounts with suspicious purchase and refund records of ToS specifically for those with multiple DLC purchase. i.e., Purchase 3, refunded the other two or similar cases.
The tricky one is the one payment option for those BR and in countries with similar payment options… talking about the one where they purchase and pay later at the bank, specifically read about this on reddit ToS.
Whatever the case, there’s bound to be a way, in GabeN we trust.

Read how its done. They use a alternative fresh steam account. And the email they use for it will be a throw away one unless they are retarded.

It’s indeed hard,especially for the IMC team, they haven’t exactly proven themselves to be the most competent. I’ve seen way better game staff for far less interesting games, sort of sad about that actually.

I was made aware of the abuse and how to abuse it either but I’m just a casual adult that works. It’s however, more of a steam exploit. They would buy the dlc and then cancel the transaction. They would still get the dlc but the order would be on hold. And because of the bank’s/paypal/s transaction times, by the time they get all the items out of the account and profited. I heard this from a latin american friend.

So that makes me more inclined to dislike both BRs and those people from asian countries with their sweatshop botters.

All I ultimately want is a game I can play and enjoy. I can’t just ignore all the botters and exploiters that are ruining the game.