Tree of Savior Forum

Why I and others will quit playing

So many goddamned casuals who don’t even try to plan their builds then qq when they’re not viable at endgame.

Agree dude why the hell these “casuals” even bother to try playing this “hardcore” tos game anyway?

Do they have no idea that tos is a “hardcore” game that only suitable for those that used to play “RO” and elitist like us?

Seriously im glad these casuals quit, so now we can jerk each other off until we got no new players coming in and eventually killed the game, that will show them.

1 Like

This game is about as far from hardcore as you can get. It’s not too much to ask to do a little bit of research about the game and the roles before you play, especially in an MMO.

they’re trolling, don’t feed them.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I didn’t state that this was a hardcore game, I was merely stating that, if you are complaining about remaking your character, you obviously have not played a hardcore arpg like hardcore poe or hardcore diablo. Where death means remake, or a single balance change means remake lol.

what MMORPG are you talking of?

poe = Path of Exile, diablo = Diablo ? o_O

this 2 are no mmorpg but just rpg .

I don’t care about putting my skill points in the wrong place.
I can always buy a skill reset potion, or reroll.

I made 4 characters in the span of two weeks because I had my stat points wrong. Nobody on this forum seems to agree on what stat point allocation is better and it pisses me off because I don’t want my character to suddenly become unplayable in 50-80 more levels.

There’s a fantastic Dex VS str spreadsheet that is absolutely useless to new players because they don’t know what to do with all that data, and nobody seems capable of making a summary.

Short of being able to get anything clear out of these damn forums, I made the same character twice. One with dex, the other with STR. I’ll play one with my friends and catch up the other on my own.

For a physical DD :
Full STR will work.
Full DEX will work.
Hybrid will work.
Full SPR will not work.
Full INT will not work.
I’m saying “Full”, but don’t forget about CON :smiley:

Spreadsheet says :
Until “a certain level”, full STR is better for DPS.
After “this certain level”, hybrid will become better.
Full DEX may be better at even higher level (lazy to look at the spreadsheet again).

While limited circle reset would surely be nice, what people don’t realize is that making build THAT flexible takes away psychological attachment to particular character, even if it’s a mistake.

That said, the problem is - game is too linear early on, making levelling an alt into a punishment.

3 Likes

WoW. Required quite a lot of research into maxing your class (statswise, and gameplay-wise).
FFXIV. Required an enormous amount of research if you planned on being a crafter.

In both cases you could play the game just fine without…just not get very far ‘‘endgame’’. But then, that’s very similar to ToS. Except here you can get to endgame without the research. You just wont be as good as others.

FFXIV without the hours and hours of research you had zero chance of being an end game crafter.

And in later levels it’s too boring, making it harder to stay with the same character.

2 Likes

Red and Blue Scripts for days.

Don’t remind me of that horror. I left after that patch.

Eh. I expect something to change by the time 4.0 hits. Both Hand and Land classes are in a rather awkward position right now. They’re still depended upon, but having to grind for a formula that is similar to dungeoning, feels limiting… in a sense.

Many of the top crafters at the time quit. One too many killings of the joy of crafting. Crafted equipment made useless for battle classes. Leaving only crafting…to get better equipment to craft with.

And even limiting it to a few items per week at that, along with hours of farming.

I am the Tool of my Craft

HQ is my body and Materia is my blood

I have created over a thousand Artisan’s Needles

Unknown to Sleep, Nor known to Combat

Have withstood pain to create many Items

Yet, those hands will never hold anything

So as I pray, unlimited Craft works.

R.I.P. FFXIV Crafting

How cute, welcome to your first mmo, enjoy your stay.

Just to add on for those who keep harping on how little skill/item/whatever documentation ToS has.

Most if not ALL mmorpgs out there have really bad/little documentation. All the information you see/get are player/community contributed. Do you think WoWhead is owned by Blizzard? Think again.

Yes the game is new, there is little documentation. All mmorpgs are like that, developers obviously left them out of the manual/online guide so players can discover them as they play the game. It is up to the community to share and spread the information. If the community is good and have many contributors we get numerous guides and tips which will turn into meta builds. This is how builds come about, there are pioneers helping by paving the route for you.

If something is not documented well and you want to play it, why not be a pioneer to explore and guide others? It is so much better than coming over to the forums and complain about how little documentation the class has.

1 Like

so, this game sucks because u’re a little retard? cool