Tree of Savior Forum

Why do people always jump when doing Z autoattack on Wizard?

I’ve seen countless videos of Wizard gameplay where players were jumping when doing autoattack, supposedly to “attack faster”.
However, isn’t it faster to do it without jumping, by canceling the attack animation by simply moving in a direction opposite to where you’re facing?

I tried both options and simply doing it without jumping by canceling the attack animation works much faster for me, and is easier to do.

Jumping is so much funner though…

2 Likes

You can jump farther than you can walk backwards with the basic attacks.

It’s to avoid damage.

It makes you attack faster but also kinda cancel your sp recovery. Not that it hurts too much with all the sp pots and the bonfire boost.
(Bonfire was boosted right? It seems the recovery ticks are much faster than it was before).

As a wizard, I do it mainly because my autoattacks make me stand still for a second. Jumping right before attacking keeps me moving, which makes it a bit easier to avoid getting stomped on.

It’s also just about as fast as canceling the attack animation, at least for rods. Jumping with staves makes me freeze the moment I land.

It’s totally not because I’m a rabbit.

You jump to avoid damage and in case of wizzy attack faster (the attack speed is slightly slower when standing still).

I do it on any class, except archers.

Pretty much this. /20chars

Wizard auto attacks root you in place.

Jumping allows you to move and shoot so you can overall have more dps while you avoid aoe

Attacking while on the floor makes your char very vulnerable to attack, due to the time that takes to end the attack animation.

Jumping is the only good way of surviving when using wizard auto attack.
Because you can jump far from the enemy while attacking.

It’s called kiting. You avoid enemies while attacking.

Animation canceling + damage avoidance.

Walking + Attacking also works, but jump + attack is faster for me. Depends on your ping.

If you jump again right when you land with a staff you can skip the landing recovery