Tree of Savior Forum

Which build is better for beginner?

I was doing a bit of research and I think that I like the idea of
assassin > ench > outlaw
or
corsair > linker > bullet (or maybe bm first?)

Hoping for some opinions on either choice.

A good build for starting is thauma/linker, while you don’t have defense/dps to solo Challenge Mode, you can farm at Baubas cave.

1 Like

BM > ASS > LINKER. AA build. See this guide. A Quick Guide: Bullet Marker

I would never recommend a beginner to go with a build requiring more than 1 weapon to invest into (1-h sword for scout is fine to stay vanilla in general).

So go for assassin > ench > outlaw which is fine with only dagger.
Or like mentioned thauma > linker > SR/BM for example which would be fine with only pistol

2 Likes

Bm-linker-corsair is great, go for it with no problem.
Bm-linker-thauma is really good as first character for farming.
Enchanter is another good option.
And yeah, I recommend start with bm-linker(in this order).

1 Like

I´m pretty sure that assa with hassias alone is still better then corsair.

Unpopular opinion: bm/ench/assa

1 Like

You are underestimating brutality, and we already get “cap” attack speed with DEX, because attack speed is capped by ping. But Hasisas still good for crit burst, so assassin is a good option too.
I play with BM-linker-assassin with dagger and pistol, I just dont think its a good build for new players. (Need to invest in crit rate and 2 weapons.)

As BM-ASS-LINK… hassias is your best friend…I started playing 1 month ago. I read about the BM class. I looked for a guide and I realized that it is the best investment that I have made…

Yeah, if you like, its okay.
Corsair build is one of the options given in the question, so I just encourage to go play with what you want. As corsair is not a bad choice.

1 Like

My aa gets faster with hassias ??

And seriously whats the point of linker on assa/bm.
You got plenty aoe with assa+bm (outrage/bo/IA/Anih)

I didn´t write that corsair is a bad option but hassias alone (without dagger) boost your dps more then brutality.

Linker for party play, helps a lot in velcoffer and def reduction from eletric shock

So I tried out both Assassin and Bullet Marker. I liked BM quite a bit, but Assassin seemed very squishy in comparison.

But in the long run it doesnt realy matter what you go, i played around with a lot of different BM builds.

Corsair: Offers a vriety of new dmg skills. Dust Devil is actualy a great dmg skill if u invest into ur MainHand also Brutality buffs ur dmg greatly - (Not a noob friendly option)
Assa: Crit Resist Debuff, Crit Dmg Potion, Additional Iframe and some stuns - great if u wanna pvp, and adds a lot of dmg with the crit dmg buff
Linker: Electric Shock is the big point here, great for bossing and pvp adds tons of single target dmg. Joint Penalty, but u need to combine it with huge single target hits - nepalm Bullet and Bloody Overdrive works good for hit
Enchanter: Magic keyword - Lightning Hands + Wastrel Sword. Allows u to skip on crit rate gear, with having crit cap most of the time. Bonus if u can manage to get block rate that the buff can actualy do something… Enchant Lightning is just add prop dmg, althoughts its still great cuz you have a lot of multihits and prop attack is great for high defense targets
Thauma: Great for farming - besides that offers no real value

Personaly i run a BM/Assa/Corsair - with good gear u feel a considerable difference in dmg increase if u combine bot hCorsair + Assa.
Also i used to love Corsair since launch of the game, and i cant realy skip it.
I think Assa is almost necessary for any scout build, since it boosts the dmg by a lot.
For BM…well BM is the class we wanna play, aint it?

For leveling i would definitly choose BM first, its probably the smoothest class to lvl in the scout tree - since u have access to a ranged autohit early.
For noob friendly builds, nothing realy beats Linker - its a great class which deals good dmg without big investment and increases ur AoE capabilites a bit (It also doesnt have expensive attributes)

In my opinion the most noob friendly build is probably BM/Linker/Enchanter. If u have good crit rate i would switch to Assa.

2 Likes