Tree of Savior Forum

Where did the goddess go...and the players... and why?

Well… That’s why I wrote that you guys need contents too…while not hurting our side. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean they should keep the pace of the post lvl 200 maps too.

20chars…

Maybe if you exaggerate a bit more some of your points might be correct.

1 Like

So basically, you want a super-casual… solo-friendly game that you can do while talking on the phone or watching a movie and the ability to pointlessly party up with friends in areas that are solo-able… with the option of going to an instanced dungeon to ‘actually’ play the game?

No thanks, sounds absolutely terrible to me. Care-bear game to the nth degree.

9 Likes

1 - no
2 - agree
3 - no
4 - Google
5 -
6 - :potato

potato’s topic

• They really need to fix two issues with Tokens: The pricing isn’t very worth and the trade system, now that the base system is unlimited but now gives untradeables, need to just get rid of the 30 trades penalty all together. Or at least, have a check if or if not you want to use your premium trades, the latter being harder to implement.

• The issue is that the monster spawn timers are actually fine: They just need to drop/get rid of the map spawn timer, questing higher up is painful especially when one area is catered to a quest and nowhere else.

• The issue with the whole solo/party thing is how it becomes a see-saw of entitlement. If you give party people better benefits, you’re then crippling the solo players; and vice versa as it is now, party peeps see less use unless friends/dungeons.
    Build wise though, there are good builds that people can rock, but because people either prefer to go sonic fast or dare not to go off the path of common knowledge, they aren’t as desired such as the beaten-to-death Plague Doctor. Things can always change with buffs or nerfs: Psychokino is a pretty prime example. That said though, it shouldn’t take Level 200 to realize “Oh, X and X don’t mix very well, whoops”, but otherwise yeah.

• Problem with this is, usually whenever game sites provide information, it’s the same exact things that are said in game and really don’t add depth to much aside ideology. I feel as though this would fall into the latter, but this may accidentally also perpetuate cookie-cutter builds too.

• Preeeeetty much a joke right now. You don’t really need TP at all, and aside megaphones, soul crystals, and enchant scrolls, there’s not much point to it currently aside cosmetics. Not that it is a bad thing, but the TP shop is very barren and unforgiving.

• I rather the frites of the french.

1 Like

I have agreed with most of your points up until now, but I can’t fully agree with the “forced partying.” Personally, I feel alone for most of the game. And I would like to be in a party.

Though, it would be nice if solo was more of a possibility for players like you.

1 Like

No, I just want an alternative route after lvl 200 which is similar to the gameplay before lvl 200. I’m fine with the game’s content till lvl 200-220. It’s pretty much ok.

@Fuyue But I just said that. The game should reward you for being in party so you eventually want to end up in party.

2 Likes

That’s an issue here. I see many people complaning about something on ToS and some answers had the “But RO had/did/was it”

You see, RO is a really old game. Back then companies didn’t had to worry about player experience as a whole. If you look for any modern online game their website MUST contain basic information.

IMC doesn’t provide even information about drop rates. “Where do I drop X” is a common question. There is a huge gap between studying a game and freaking spend more time on your browser trying to get information than ingame. Tree of Alt Tab.

4 Likes

Doesn’t bother me one bit. Knowledge is power.

Edit: Oh and there is a reason why people mention RO, because it is highly regarded as one of the better MMOs in the past 15 years. It was successful for them, why should this game be like “every other modern online game” when everyone keeps looking back at RO as a classic.

So you would rather be spoon-fed everything and have an easy-mode game? Not me, I would rather have a game that rewards players for putting in effort rather than rewarding their sense of instant gratification.

3 Likes

I hope you know that this is just a game. I mean achievements here are not real life achievements.

Game = fun. This is not easy mode if they provide information about the basics, it’s common sense. No, there shouldn’t be games like these around. Do you want to play hardcore players? Fine…go and do some hard content in the game.

However if you force this kind of things on the people they will just ignore the game. Do you have friends whose are just want to play with you but they don’t want anything serios? Do you know people like them?

Cause many of the newcomers will be like that… And when they will see that they can’t see anything, they will just give up.

I don’t want to play on ghost servers… The game’s playerbase alraedy dropped from 30k to 10k. That’s huge… Mostly because it’s EA.

Your idea of fun is different from my idea of fun. Your idea of fun is a easy-mode with everything handed to you on a silver-platter, my idea of fun is actually playing the game, having challenges, having to figure things out on your own or research them to learn more about the game or how to do something.

Again, everyone has a different idea of what is fun and what isn’t. I respect your opinion, but humbly disagree.

The playerbase has dropped due to the pointless quest grind, lack of real content aside from quest, party and dungeon grind, pointless class combinations, terrible market system and bugs. Not because information isn’t on the main website or that the game has become “too hard to solo”.

1 Like

Hm…and you can do that. You can still ignore the information on sites and not rely on them. Why is that a problem if others want to use them?

Btw, the players whose are left… some of them made a topic why they left. They also mentioned that they can’t do anything post 200 alone.

What is the point of hidden features, quests and classes if they hand the knowledge to you on a platter? Why do you think they go to such great length to hide item drop percentages? They aren’t aiming to provide you a wiki. They want YOU to discover this on your own or as a community.

So a few people are upset that they can’t solo for 600 levels? Let me just get my tiny violin out…

Honestly, this is the game you signed up for.

1 Like

Pardon? Please…read the conversation the topic. We are talking about basic infos.

Drop percentage why should be hidden? What’s the point?

If 30k were the playerbase and 10k is left…it’s not a small amount.

Again…please answer my question:

Also that: what’s the problem if everybody can level up alone?

1 Like

Why not having a wiki and guide for everything on the main webpage? Because its obviously not what the developers intend. I thought that was pretty straight-forward.

Regarding the problem with everyone leveling up alone, it defeats the purpose of an MMO, it doesn’t help to create any sense of community and promotes to an early death of an online game that SHOULD be about interacting with other players. Again, if you want to play an rpg solo, they have an entire genre dedicated to that… some with plenty of grinding.

And 20k didn’t quit because they can’t solo to max level. That is a ridiculous thought. Most either got bored, got tired of the grind, got annoyed by the market and bugs, lack of decent class combinations/balance or decided to wait for open beta when they can play with their friends.

Making changes that you believe would be “better” would not bring back even 5k players for more than a week.

Anyway, I think I have made my point pretty clearly, no sense going back and forth. I will leave this to others to add input.

1 Like

But I would interact them when it’s about that kind of things. Dungeon, mission, special grind maps.

Also, we are talking about basic informations here, about classes. Not hidden classes and etc.

Just which class is what…main stats and recommended things.

Edit:
Yeah, I understand your points too, we don’t agree on these points, but thanks for your opinion. :slight_smile:

nice topic, i think all player agree with you (some one not, ignore them :wink: ), but IMC will not read ur topic or just read it for fun, they killing TOS, that all, enjoy game when it still possible hehe, GL

Btw imho the main issue is still the TP items being not account bound. That’s a huge issue for rerolling too.

Well, my friends invited me to play the game with the following argument:

“Zerei should play with us, he study the games and will feed us information”. So, yeah, I don’t mind keeping the browser at my second monitor while I play. But the issue isn’t that: it’s to understand that you have to alt tab to read simple information like skill description and what that really does.

There is a huge gap between hard, gameplay that rewards you for your effort from overly hard without proper reward gameplay.

2 Likes