Tree of Savior Forum

Whats your Screen name history and signifigance?

I’ll be looking forward to the amount of Kiritoooo xKiritox XxKiritoXx in the game hahahah.
Seph is my real name. Sephyr is there because I didnt want to put my real preferred game name because I am afraid people will nick it ._.

1 Like

Randy is my irl name. For games, I usually use Edward… or Henry.

1 Like

Exactly why I took my post down…some people don’t care how much a name means to you.I had one of my closer friends take mine for Instagram and tell me how happy she was about it,I told it was weird and kinda not cool to be honest.She changed it a little while after but never seemed to get what the issue is.

People need to be more creative…

1 Like

I know that feeling i have a childhood friend, when we were yougner he used my banners (not once or twice) for his guild forum without asking (found later when i googled his pseudo), never told him because it would have been too awkward ahaha and it didn’t bothered me enough to make a scene about it.

My only two screen names have been:

1. withlovexx: I sign my letters and cards with “With Love xx [My Name]”. And somehow, one day, I thought it was a good idea to just make that my IGN. I used it all the way until 2012/2013.
  2. Aaeri: My mom had a friend nicked-named Ari, but it was pronounced ay-lree. You know that weird R/L sound in Japanese? Where ‘ru’ doesn’t just sound like “roo”, it has that weird R/L sound? Yeah, I thought the name was extremely cute and unique so I decided to use it. This IGN is pronounced the same way, but ay-ree is okay too. XD

Sometimes on Steam I change it to something relevant at the time, like [insert IRL name nickname here] or Girl in Giraffe Suit because, c’mon, giraffes are the best, but most people know me by Aaeri or my first IGN’s nickname ‘Love’.

1 Like

Rai: (1999 ~ 2003) Elementary School / Middle School nickname. I forget where, but some other language it meant Truth or Trust. Since at the time; I was literally incapable of telling lies. Not entire sure why, but that eventually faded.

Raizion: (2004 ~ 2014) Online nickname when I started participating in AOL/AIM RP Chatrooms and eventually found better places to RP at. Rai was too short for most of the crud I signed up for, so I evediently had to increase it somehow. Zion was something I read in a cultural class; a mountain in Jerusalem. So I just added it for whatever reason.

Ninisty: (2015~) I decided to run away from all my online friends and start over. I have no clue how I came up with that strain of words. It just happened.

1 Like

Same reason as to why I won’t share my names until I actually create them. So much paranoia. I love my names and they’re quite original to me. It really upsets me when I try to input a name and someone else took it.

3 Likes

I’m not too worried, the Surname I’m going to use isn’t a real word and completely made up.

Most of my names are rather made up, too. But like @Melon said. Anyone can look at it and be “Ooh cool” And use it before you get the chance to.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone else gets it.It takes a while for me to come up with a name if I ever have to change it,but I usually put a lot of personal attachment,and feeling into it.If it’s an older site that’s been around for a while I understand,but on a newer one it’s more malicious to me and it really hurts my feelings.

1 Like

I have never experienced people using my names…so i won’t share my ingame names until i create my characters as well hahaha

I’m jealous o’ my names… ò.ó

3 Likes

Shnookums was supposed to be an endearment given by my girlfriend (yes, a gf you didn’t misread it).
But since sometimes we play online games together I named some of them “shnookums”. She told me that ever since we were in high school (we are now in our mid 20s) I’m like her knight.
So shnookums is a paladin / knight.

Other characters I’ve played are usually support type. Named a bard Musika, and a healer type (priest), healrawr (slap them with heal until they die due to regeneration. Lol)

PS. My picture is supposed to look like totoro. A murdered sketch done by my gf. But I liked it anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The sketch is adorable. o3o

I’m not into cute stuff. But her works are in the exception list. :smile:

I use Celov since 2006. Before that, I used a bunch of random names.

Celo = shorter way to say my real name.
v = when I tried using Celo in a game, the name was already taken. So I put the ‘v’ for pure randomness.

By coincidence or not, I met 2 other guys in this game, Celo and Celow, and started playing with them until 2011. :3

2 Likes

I generally like clever/funny/unique or simple names that aren’t traditionally used. The more clever or simple a person’s user name the more interested I tend to be. For example, I like @Melon’s user name because its such a simple name. As for my own user name, well I suppose it fits into the “clever” department.

As for my user name, no it’s not my actual name, rather, its just a clever play on words written as a “traditional name”. I guess you could say that I’m an a-may-zing person.

How long have you been waiting to be asked about your screen name to make that pun?

I don’t wait, i just wonder how many would actually catch it. Sometimes people get it. Sometimes they dont.

Mine consists of 2 parts (doh), each with its own history.
The first one, the DF, stands for Daniel Ferel, which is the name I’ve been using in SciFi RPGs and the like since I was 8 or 9 years old. Daniel is my own first name, and the Ferel might be a misspelled Feral, don’t really remember, was far too long ago.
I’ve been using that name for a lot of stuff since then. For example I released Doom 2, Heretic and Hexen maps under that name, back in the early days of the internets.

The Delta part came a few years later, when the first Unreal was released, the first FPS that I remember to have played online. Me and some friends had the idea to name ourselves after greek letters, and I’ve chosen Delta because it starts with a D, and because it is a badass triangle.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, how did the DF and Delta become connected you might ask.

Well, about that time I got together with some dudes that happened to also play on my favorite server regularly, and we decided to tag ourselves. Thus the “Dominating Force” was born, (a rather silly name, but we were young and stupid) my name became -=|DF|Delta|=-. Our little association, it could not really be called a clan, had a few servers where we would meet 2 or 3 times a week to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
That whole thing held together for a good 3 years, which might have been the greatest days of gaming I’ve ever experienced, but then suddenly one after the other dropped out or left, and in just 4 months the whole thing collapsed. One guy just disappeared, without any sign why, one moved together with his long term girlfriend who could not stand “those brutal games”, so he had to stop playing them (lol… sissy), and so on.
When we finally “disbanded” I did not want to lose the name that I’ve kept for so long now, and one of the other survivors pointed out that the initials of the nickname I’m using when I upload UT maps, and our “clan tag” are identical, so I could just change the meaning behind the DF.
And so I did.

So DFDelta is a combination of a name I’ve been using in RPGs for a good 2 and a half decades, the first name I’ve ever used in an online FPS, and the tag of my very first “clan”.