Tree of Savior Forum

What's your biggest concern?

Fps
1:1 trade (thats a basic thing in rpg)

Hope you guys put in more skin colors let us have a little more individuality

I don’t quite understand what you mean by this. Care to elaborate?

My biggest concern is mob density and the ability to trade silver amoung my own characters

@Staff_Julie actually something I just remembered that has frustrated a lot of players is the word censor. It’s fine to have one in there, but erasing the entire sentence you made just because of a word that gets triggered by the sensitive word filter is kinda harsh.

You can’t even say the word “class” without it erasing/censoring your chat. That’s a pretty terrible problem to have in a game so focused around that exact mechanic.

In whispers, party, and normal chat it erases the whole sentence and turns it into ***.
EG. “Hey guys, what class are you gonna go next?” -> “***”
The entire sentence has been erased. This can happen randomly and when it happens it’s really annoying to figure out what word tripped you up.

If it’s in shout chat it simply censors the word into ***
EG. “Hey guys what class are you gonna go next?” -> “Hey guys what cl*** are you gonna go next?”

#*** the censor!

7 Likes

My biggest concern is that the current trade restrictions, which are allegedly anti-RMT measures, will go live without the changes necessary to make them work. I detest bots, specifically.

As you’re probably aware, all a silver seller needs to do at the moment is tell their buyer to put an undesirable piece of equipment on the market - equipment, which has a variable value that is difficult to assign fixed caps on, tends to have very high market caps even while most pieces aren’t actually desired by players, so it’s as easy as buying a set of terrible weapons and re-listing them for the silver seller to buy for 50,000,000 silver total, or something like that.

I have a detailed thread on the problem and how it might be solved that I think you should read, if you haven’t already. Thank you!

My cocerns are regarding Silver sharing to your own characters and silver trading. I want this to happen, specially the first one.

Hey! I’m impressed dude, for a person who’s never played the game some of your opinions are really solid. If you may, allow me to just enlighten you on a few points based on personal experience and opinion (I’ve been playing the game for a while, even now in the KR server!)

Swordie is quite a lackluster class indeed. Personally I think Thrust is actually a good skill because it’s a 0 cooldown source of Pierce Damage. It’s a good way for you to get pierce autoattacks when you’re not a Spear user. Other than that most of their skills are, indeed, quite bad. Gung Ho and Concentrate for example have horrible scaling. Why would you want a +20 damage buff at level 200 when you should be dealing 800 damage per autoattack?

This is not quite true. Pyro’s damage is surprisingly high and it’s a very solid choice even later when you want to deal good damage. Fireball and Flame ground are outstanding skills that will kill mobs throughout the whole game.
Personally, my biggest complaints about Pyros are that they have too many skills that are just bad compared to Fireball and Flame Ground. Flare is horrible, Fire Wall got so nerfed it’s also horrible now, Enchant fire is only worthwhile for the bonus attack line.
Fire Pillar is lovely, especially now it had a cooldown reduction, but 135 seconds of cooldown still feels pretty hefty compared to other lower cooldown CC skills.
Hell Breath is one of those skils you never see people using because everyone mutually agrees it’s just a bad idea to use it.

I don’t understand why you’d want Conceal have its’ duration extended. Other than claymore, Sapper traps are temporary and vanish within 30ish seconds. They also deal okay-ish damage but it’s nothing impressive.
Most Sappers pick the class for Broom trap, because that skill is one of the best AoEs in the game. Nobody really picks Sapper as a PvP class to sit down on a corner and set up traps for, as you said, an hour, and just wait for someone to step on them. That’s impossible and it feels not very fun for both parties - the Sapper and whoever is fighting them.

Bokors feel quite lackluster actually. Mainly because it’s very easy to produce zombies in grinding scenarios, but very hard to produce zombies in Boss battles. That makes skills such as Damballa tough to deal damage to bosses since your zombies will be either killed, or won’t be there at all before they can explode.
There should be something Bokors could do to spawn a small amount of Zombies. Like Giving Tet Mamak La a higher cooldown but make it so the skill spawns 2/3 zombies when you toss the skull on the ground.
The Veve skills are also a bit sad since they only buff yourself and your zombies now. Back in a few betas ago you could use them to also buff your parties, making Bokors much welcome whenever they were around.

Nowadays most people don’t like Bokors in parties too because their zombies walk on top of Heals, stealing them from players. I think Zombies shouldn’t steal healing tiles, it’s quite bothersome that you’re threatened to die because of their bad AI.

/////

These are just a few tidbits of criticism on your points. There’s a few more but heh, I’m a bit lazy to go through everything. You did a nice job describing most anyway. So good work!

My biggest concern with the game, but is based on the High Latency, and also based on pay to win. For the grind it is not always interesting for many players. I would quests more information about dungeons and have raids, and how it will work the improvement of system equipment, failure rate and will be sold by token, and also during the game every new patch with class issues, will resetes skills and status.

Some classes are there for utility/support without damage early on, some provides reliable damage at early level. Thus, easier leveling and mobbing experience for those who pick the damage dealer. It’s up to you to choose, enjoy the progress/process or the end result.

As you go up the rank, there will be better classes to outperform the lower rank classes in field of dps, thus making them obselete or as a filler dps. You can’t expect every skill to be of dealing good damage.

For example, you cant expect skills from rank 2 dealing more damage than rank 7. For that, mix-matching utility/support classes with DPS classes can be of use. Or, you could just prepare for future by choosing utility/support classes which might contribute to the coming classes.

It sounds vague, but I understand your point of making skills more attractive and meaningful. For this issue, there are attributes to make up for some skills. Ultimately, it’s up to your preferences and creativity to plan the skill builds and class choices.

I’m not 100% sure since I haven’t played the game, but personally, I’m concerned about choosing classes that end up not working out for what the end game content needs and regretting my decision.

I’ve found this particularly tough since I’ve chosen cleric and don’t know what builds will have enough healing/support or which ones will have more than is necessary. It’s not like a DPS build, where you always know that you can never have too much DPS. =P

1 Like

My biggest concern is that none of the forumers listen when julie says

My second concern is that there will be a big divide in language between players.

I’m also concerned by the lack of hats in the game! I NEED MORE HATS!

Benefits for playing pvp?.. dafuq?

Either you have fun playing pvp or not, the benefit is that you may or may not enjoy your time… welcome to pc gaming.

This is probably against the general opinion, but I believe the single-player quest bosses were pretty well done for an MMO. Not too hard, not too easy, with some challenging and unique fights like Ravinepede (good luck doing this with no tokens). The problems that plague these fights usually stem from the damage formula itself, not the bosses, which results in a very different approach with each class. For example a tank class may find that he has to wail 20-30 straight minutes on a Ghost-armored boss, because of the massive damage reduction, while a DPS mage kills it in 1 minute.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

There are so many good replies and concerns in this thread. All very legitimate and important and I cannot say this enough. The devs should take note of this thread and consider its importance. Honestly, my biggest concern is that some of the extremely important concern shared in this thread will be avoided or ignored by the devs. I really want this game to succeed but it can only work if the devs listen to its playerbase.

Here are a few more concerns of mine that I can share but I won’t have a lot since mostly everyone before me brought forth equally important info to the table.

BOTS

Let’s face it… The population of bots will be overwhelming since this game is all about grinding. Unlike quests, a bot player can sit somewhere and get from level 1 to 280 without ever touching a single button. Seeing obvious bots going unpunished (worst when its an actual player) is a game killer for me. I put a lot of heart in my character and the time I invest in a game and seeing such behavior makes me very upset. Please make sure you have an easy to use system to report and most of all… Don’t ignore reports. I cannot say it enough. Bots will kill your game in the long run and will give your game and your team a very bad reputation. Don’t let the problem worsen with time of inactivity.

Class Balancing

Like many said before, the balance of this game is all over the place and requires a lot of attention. Nerfs are being given seemingly without much thought for those who already chose those classes and some other classes require massive buffs to make them compete with other popular choices. For exemple, Featherfoot(the class I’ll be playing) is grossly inferior to Warlock. I’m still going to play it despite being shun by many but I do so in the hope it will compete with Warlock one day, same goes with Sorcerer for my case and tons of other people with other classes.

Remove level restrictions

Okay… Let me get this straight… I will have a month in advance over most of my friends who will play this game because they are waiting for the release… And you’re telling me I won’t be able to play with them because my level will be too high? Can you see the problem? I know you trying to prevent powerleveling but by trying to restrict abuse(and honestly, bots are worst and I have a feeling they will be rampant) you are preventing your players from playing with their friends and you are dividing your playerbase and it sucks. Level sync in party should be a thing to allow me to help my friends level or else… They will just quit the game and then I will quit the game.

That is just a few things I really wish to share. What other people said is extremely important as well and I really really hope everything is being written down. Again, I want this game to succeed but it can only do so if the devs listen to everyone.

Thanks again for this thread.

3 Likes

My biggest concern is that all the changes that were made were designed to prevent RMT/Bots by killing the trade of the game, killing the party aspect of the game, killing the grinding aspect of the game and so on. So basically there will be no RMT/bots in this game because there will be no game lol

2 Likes

Ping and server stability first and foremost.

I’m concerned the game won’t be fun and begin to feel like daily chores, I don’t like logging on every day and having to do some number of dungeon runs before actually getting to play. There should be several later-game zones with high monster density that are worthwhile to farm, several field bosses that are good to camp, and some sort of end game raid/dungeon to gear up for. If I have to do the same dungeon for an hour or two every day before I get to do what I want in the game, simply because the dungeons are way better than anything else, then it will be really boring.
I’m also worried later balance patches will cause me to regret some class chioces

1 Like

According to what I gathered, you pretty much described the problem that I said in my post, yes.

But my point isn’t that ‘Rank 2 skills should deal more damage than Rank 7’. But they should, however, deal as much damage or have some kind of utility to make them interesting to use, even later on. Every skill is (or should be) unique and worth using in their own way, no matter the situation.

By following the mentality that your older skills will become obsolete and useless later in the game, a player is ‘forced’ to pick only classes that will further enhance them lategame, making earlygame classes feel trashy.

So many people are picking Wiz3, for example, solemnly because of the buffs Quickcast and Surespell give, and skills such as Lethargy have little to no points put in them because they just have bad scaling. If instead of -14 attack it did something like -10% attack, many Wizards would actually put points into it and actively use it.

I think that every class choice should feel meaningful no matter at what point of the game you’re playing. Attributes do help making skills deal more damage, but that’s not enough compared to the low raw damage some skills deal.

The other problem I described in my post is that strangely a few lower rank skills have perfect scaling and are used even at higher levels (Zaibas, Fireball, Cure, Skyliner) while some others have downright bad damage formulas, making them obsolete VERY quickly.

That makes players think: “Why would I even want to become X class if in a few weeks when I’m rank 7 that class will be useless for me? I might as well just choose Y class instead because it will buff me when I’m rank 7.”
And this, sadly, kills class diversity.

2 Likes