Tree of Savior Forum

What's your biggest concern?

I’ve never played this game before but I see a lot of topics talking about how the game failed in Korea. I wouldn’t like this happens here too :confused:

Game Optimization!
/20char

1 Like

^ I agree to this. I hope they remove the Red prediction line/circle where the boss skill will hit. Or after level 150, the bosses will have no prediction line/circle. And no idiotic traps, change them instead with more AoE skills that will stay on place for x seconds.

My biggest concern is the enemies in general. Enemies should be fun to kill and fight, especially in a game like this. In addition, Bosses in general should be tough and challenging to fight, with a variety of attacks and not just absorb attacks. Lastly, in my opinion, the bosses in the game, a big part of RPGs, teaming up with your party/friends/guild to fight a big monster, should be HARD, you should not be, under any circumstance be able to solo a boss easy (in my opinion). That is what makes a boss fun to fight. If you reach a point where you can solo a boss in under 2 mins, there is no fun in fighting the boss anymore.

1 Like

Biggest concerns:

1 - Lag
2 - P2W?
3 - Play with friends…
4 - WoE???

My concerns are mostly about class balance and lack of content. Some classes are just too bad to take them/level them past C1/take less then C3.

Classes(or their skills) that need some rebalance/changes imo are:

Swordsman tree

I don’t think swordsmen are in a bad position now but their tree definitely needs some improvements.

Swordsman: Class needs complete rebalance. I’m ok with thrust being useless and bash not worth getting past 3, but Pommel Beat(!) definitely needs rework. Overall it’s only worth getting for PvP builds because of Restrain, you’ll almost never want this class in PvE.

Highlander: It is one of the classes with great balance, every circle worth getting. The only skill that really feels bad is Vertical Slash.

Peltasta: It’s also pretty well balanced, but some skills need changes. They are: Shield Lob(!), Guardian, High Guard. Not sure about C3 skills. Would be nice if Swash Buckling had short channeling time so it could be used to attract less mobs then lvl max.

Hoplite: Well balanced, but I’d prefer if Synchro Thrusting was usable with Rapier. Other skills are OK, but no diversity. Every single Hoplite build is mostly the same.

Barbarian: One of the weakest classes in swordsman tree IMO. Definitely needs a rework. Embowel and Stomping Kick are pretty useless. Cleave+Helm Chopper combo is nice but won’t work on bosses, it would probably be nice if stuns marked bosses with alternative effect that won’t apply movement limitation but still trigger special effects using stun. Giant Swing and Pouncing also look bad, I’ve never seen them in single build. Only really good skill is Seism, Frenzy and Warcry are very situational.

Catafract: Too strong in PvP, needs some rebalancing.
I’d suggest swapping Doom Spike and Impaler ranks and rebalancing Trot so level 1 grants 8 movement speed and +1 ms every 4 levels starting with level 1 up to +12 at level 15. Add attributes at rank 2 for +1 ms per lvl(max lvl 4) and at rank 3 so nearby mounted allies get 75% of the base ms(8 at level 15). Make Impaler a rank 2 debuff but decrease duration so it will be 3 seconds at level 1, +1 at levels 4, 7, 10 (up to 6 seconds = 6 hits). Other skills are fine in current state.

Rodelero: Considered the weakest class in the game. Can be improved in various ways. My suggestions are:

-First of all, improve animations of every skills so they are more smooth and less iritating. This class can be a decent strike damage DPSer but slow animations kill all the fun.

-Let shield push decrease armor below 0. This way it can be applied with % armor decreasing skills like armor break and archer passive to achieve great DPS growth.

-Let skills special effecta scale with level. Montano can scale with 0.1 stun duration per level starting with 0.8 up to 2.3 seconds. Targe smash can be 2+0.1 per level up to 3.5. Shield shoving can be 0.5 + 0.4 per 3 levels up to 2.5 seconds. Shooting star number of hits should scale with level starting with 3 at level 1 up to 7 at level 5. Every odd hit should be slash while even is pierce. It would add some power to rodelero toolkit. High kick should also scale duration with 3 + 1 per level at 5. Shield bash should swap part of enemy INT and STR so it will make enemies generally weaker. Right now it can make some enemies even stronger. That’s all of my suggestions for Rodelero. I really love this class, so I’ve put a bit more thinking in suggestions regarding it’s rebalancing.

Squire: It is in a pretty good position right now, as a crafter class, so I don’t think it needs much changes. But I’d like to see 3 things reworked: first is armor maintenance. I think it should add 1.6 armor per level with 8 armor at level 5 and 24 at level 15. It will make it a bit more useful, effectively granting up to 72 armor. Second skill is penalty reduction. I’d like to see something more useful here. Maybe something like workstation with 8 hours durstion level 1 max that grants you +2 levels to all crafting skills (Repair, Armor and Weapon Maintenance, Refreshment table).
Finally, Base camp can be set to 2 hours with level 1 max. It’s duration can be upgraded using money anyways.

Corsair: Unlock Chest needs rework, right now it’s useless. Maybe just make it level 1 max +5 key or add 1% chance per level to get double value loot from chest. There are lots of ways how to improve such a skill.

Pistol animation should be improved, right now it’s useless for corsaor. Pistol shot needs heavy buffs, maybe making it some sort of high CD finisher with damage scaling with enemy % health missing. For example +1-5%(at levels 1-5) per every % hp enemy is missing capped at +300%. It will become a really good skill and will fit the style and long CD.

Doppelsoeldner: Punish needs rework, Mordschlag needs better animation and remove knockback attribute. Everything else is fine.

Fenser: Needs better esquive toucher animation to fit the duration of evasion bonus. Preparation probably needs some changes, right now nobody gets it past level 1. Everything else is fine.

Dragoon: Perfectly fine.

Templar: Perfectly fine.

Shinobi: Strange class, and pretty boring IMO. Needs a rework to better fit shinobi playstyle. Self destruct skill deals too low damage to use it IMO. Clones seems to be bugged like any AI in the game.

That’s all I wanted to say on swordsmen. Overall tree is pretty well balanced, R8 classes might improve the situation. But some classes being really bad limits the variety of viable builds. Also I don’t like straightforward distribution between PvE and PvP classes (like Swordsman and Cata being mainly PvP). Those suggestions I’ve offered might help developers to come up with new ideas how to improve classes and I hope they will give some love to abovementioned classes.

Wizard tree

Wizard tree probably has the best balance(on par with cleric tree) but still needs some improvements.

Wizard: Wizard is probably the most straight forward class in the game. You have 2 options here: go to wiz3 or not to go. If you want to deal damage in late game wiz3 is obligatory, if you want to support you usually drop it.

Wiz2 alone not worth it most of the times, even though Sure Spell is really good, but quite useless in PvE.

Skills are also straightforward. Max sleep and Reflect shield, Sure Spell, Magic Missile and Quick Cast level 5. A bunch of points in other skills that are almost never used latet on.

I think it is the class that definitely needs rework.

Pyromancer: Probably the least popular wizard class and falls of dramatically in late game. Almost never worth getting past circle1 or 2 in rare occasions. Sure there are some pyro2-3 builds but they can’t compete with alternatives at all. Needs heavy late game oriented buffs.

Cryomancer: It’s state is perfectly fine, though some of his skills are ubderwhelming. Ice Blast(!) and Gust need some love.

Linker: It’s perfectly fine in current state though physical link needs a rework, now it’s utterly useless.

Hangman Knot nerf was too hard for Linker 1, it needs 2 more seconds to base duration I guess.

Overall it’s in a good state.

Psychokino: Not sure about this class, but it looks fine after recent changes.

Thaumaturge: It is in a perfect state right now, but needs some adjustments.

First of all, it has lots of buffs so it needs +2 buff cap attribute to be on par with swordsmen and clerics.

Secondly, Transpose should become rank 2 buff.

Elementalist: It’s pretty poorly balanced and worth to get only in wiz3elem3 builds. Elementalists C1 and C2 need some love, while C3 needs some nerfs (maybe through wiz3 attribute nerf to 30% from 50% bonus damage). Right now Elem3 is straight forwardly the best DPS class in the game, while elem1/2 are useless. Rework needed to make it more variable and interesting.

Chronomancer: The best support in the game. Nuff said.

It may need a rework in future but currently it’s perfectly fine.

Sorcerer: Overall really good but AI sucks. Summoned bosses need some rebalancing, to have more varialbility.

Right now it’s Temlpleshooter only. Fixing AI, reworking summoning, that’s it.

Necromancer: I know only a little about this class so won’t suggest anything. It’s unpopular though.

Alchemist: One of the most interesting classes. Won’t comment on it until rank 8.

Rune Caster: I thinkn it’s OK, no need to rework it right now.

Warlock: The most popular wizard class, probably needs some nerfs/rebalance.

Featherfoot: It’s kind of unpopular, same as necro.

That’s all I wanted to say on wizards. This tree is in a pretty good spot right now but still needs some attention from developers. I’d personally prefer buffs to underpowered classes over nerfs to other classes, but anyway rebalance would be good.

Archer tree

This tree is also well balanced, but relying too much on few skills.

Archer: It’s probably the best rank1 class in terms of levelling. Archer2 almost always worth it and archer3 is also good. I don’t think that it needs urgent changes.

QS: Mostly circle3 based class for players with low ping. Circles 1 and 2 are decent but bot good enough. I also don’t think that urgent changes are required.

Ranger: The only purpose of this class is Steady Aim.

Critical Shot, High Anchoring and Time Bomb need rework to be more useful(they scale with lvl really poorly). Barrage is fine just as C3 skills.

Hunter: Probably the worst class in the game, mostly because of poor AI and buggy skills. Almost never worth getting more then 1 circle. Needs rework the most of all classes, IMO.

Sapper: Don’t know too much about this class, but I think conceal needs increased duration. Maybe 4x current duration. 15 Minutes is too few time to prepare ambushes. Overall it seems good for players who like such playstyle.

Wugushi: Great in PvE useless in PvP. Detoxify and Bewitch are useless, need rework.

Scout: C1 is decent, C3 is trash. Split arrow is good but needs more skills to invest extra points. Adding 1 or 2 skills at circles 2-3 would help.

Fletcher: Very good after buffs.

Rogue: Rework would be nice, right now it has almost no uses. Burrow has interesting mechanic but not worth it in PvP or PvE. Musketeer is always better choice then Rogue C3. Skills need some tweaking.

Falconer: C1 is great C2 is trash. Will see how good is C3 but C2 definitely needs buffs.

SR: Cool style and interesting mechanics but no real synergy with pet. If Trot was AoE buff could’ve been used well as cavalry. Right now it’s mediocore in PvE and pretty bad in PvP.

Cannoneer: Insanely high DPS. That’s it. Probably the strongest class in archer tree.

Musketeer: Cool musket and insane burst. Still very good but much harder to utilize then Cannoneer.

That’s my opinion on Archer tree. Hunter is top priority, some skills need tweaking, but overall everything is nice.

Finally

Cleric tree

It has the best variability but yet some flaws. I’ll talk about them below.

Cleric: It is in very good spot, but C3 usually not worth it. Guardian saint should be reworked/replaced to fit cleric playstyle. Deprotected zone is another semiuseful skill, good only for monk.

Priest: Most obvious and straightforward choise. I think 80% clerics choose priest. Monstrance and exorcise need rework, they are too hard to use. Stone Skin needs nerf(in PvP only, it’s OK in PvE), it’s scaling is too crazy. Alternative classes need some buffs to make priest less obvious choice.

Krivis: Definitely needs buffs, it can’t compete with priest, especially in late game. Zaibas scales poorly in late game and AoE attribute not working properly(is useless in current state). Zalciai needs better magic amplification attribute. Melstis needs slightly reduced SP cost. Those are just suggestions, but buffs may be of another sort.

Right now it’s a really poor choice as a support player. Taking class just for Daino is not the right practice, higher circles should also be useful.

Bokor: Surprisingly very powerful in PvP. Zombies are a bit buggy now, not scaling properly. Overall a good class and doesn’t need big changes, only some numbers tweaking.

Dievdirby: Another good choice after recent buffs, though I’m not very familiar with it.

Sadhu: Second worst class after hunter IMO. Just as Scout has not enough skills. Needs some buffs and more skills to choose. Circle3 skill is just a joke, getting 3 ranks for it never worth it. It’s top priority class for complete rework, on par with Hunter and Scout.

Paladin: Very good PvE choice after recent buffs, Barrier is probably too OP, it should have limited(though high) number of hits before breaking. Right now it literally provides immunity vs certain mobs. Other skills look fine.

Yet I’m not very familiar with this class so it’s better to ask paladin players about good/bad skills.

Monk: The only “fighter” class in cleric tree. Since it deals physical damage it has poor synergy with other cleric classes but is good overall.

Pardoner is a pure crafter class with decent fighting capabilities. Though it has very few synergies with other classes, only viable combinations are krivis paladin3 pardoner1 for selling scrolls and priest3pardoner2 for selling buffs. Pardoner1 can be used with some offensive builds though.

Pardoner3 is overall bad choice and has no uses currently. It’s C3 ability is simply terrible. Indulgentia and oblation are poorly implemented, but the idea is nice. Needs a rework but not top priority class to change.

Chaplain: This class is decent but it’s weak spot is Priest3 requirement. It would be better if only priest2 was required and it’s skills were more self reliant with scaling based on priest skills. Capella should only apply buffs that have some points invested in them and not erase buffs with higher level/longer duration.

Druid: It’s in a good spot now and has very good single target damage and utility. I personally don’t like this class but it’s ok in it’s current state.

Oracle: Very decent class with lots of utility and magic immunity. Though C2 not worth it currently but it may become better when R8 will be released.

PD: The most popular cleric class with the strongest buff in the game(for PvP). Needs a rework.

Kabbalist: 3 skills only, provides almost infinite SP, good damage and great HP buff. Very decent class but “math” skills need a rework IMO.

That’s my opinion on Cleric classes.

Final conclusion on classes:

Top priority for rework:

Hunter, Sadhu, Scout, Rodelero, Plague Doctor, Priest(+Chaplain), Corsair C3, Pardoner C3, Krivis.

Second priority:

Cataphract, Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger C2, Pyromancer, Wizard, Elementalist, Cleric C3, Paladin(Barrier), Oracle C2, Falconer C2, Pardoner C1-2.

Other classes are in pretty good position (currently).

My second point is about lack of content. From what I’ve heard/seen there are no really hard content in this game.

I’d like to see some hard content with better rewards at every stage lf the game. For example repetitive dungeons are boring. So it’d be nice to exchange all daily dungeons entrances for 1 entrance in hard dungeon where we will need a well cooperated party to succeed with much greater rewards in the end.

Also I’d prefer limited number of dungeons per account and not per character. Because I feel obliged to use every of them with evety of my cgaracters if I don’t want to lose on EXP. Maybe it should be 6 per account with +1 for token users and let us exchange 5 of them for a hard dungeon run.

Anothet thing this game lacs is hard/raid bosses where every single mistake can be lethal. Some content for 6-10 member parties would be great as well.

Finally, I’d like to see more customization in cash shop, for example Parrot skin for my Falcon and eyepatch headgear to form a corsair style party. Cannoneers fit here perfectly. Some kind of corsair-type guild would also be nice, when Guild Master is Corsair.

There are lots of interesting ideas of lower priority as well, but I think class balance, PvE content and bug fixing are much more important right now.

I hope some of these idea would be useful for dev team in future.

DISCLAIMER: I never played the game personally, so most of my information is based on observations only, not personal experience. I’ve learned a lot of things from the forum, asking other people, watching videos and reading mechanic guides, but I could’ve misunderstood, how some things work.

So I would appreciate any constructive criticism and suggestions from the community regarding this post.

P.S. Wow, it’s bigger then I expected o_0.

12 Likes

Biggest concern is the fps and game graphics optimization. it’s really really bad. I know you have that cover but it doesn’t hurt to emphasize cause it really sucks. I play games with better graphics and it doesn’t even compare with the low fps rates I get in tos. The game should run AT LEAST 60 fps
without frame dropping.

Other concerns is the TRADE. I have never seen a mmorpg with no 1:1 trading. That really is a bad thing. Everyone complains about it.

Bosses are too easy. Game is too easy overall.

Lack of mobs in many maps. More quests for more exp so we don’t need to grind a lot. Or more exp cards for some major quests.

lack of items, equipment diversity. We should get more from quests.

lack of miniskirts

1 Like

Friends…

2 Likes

under rated post

[20]

Fps
1:1 trade (thats a basic thing in rpg)

Hope you guys put in more skin colors let us have a little more individuality

I don’t quite understand what you mean by this. Care to elaborate?

My biggest concern is mob density and the ability to trade silver amoung my own characters

@Staff_Julie actually something I just remembered that has frustrated a lot of players is the word censor. It’s fine to have one in there, but erasing the entire sentence you made just because of a word that gets triggered by the sensitive word filter is kinda harsh.

You can’t even say the word “class” without it erasing/censoring your chat. That’s a pretty terrible problem to have in a game so focused around that exact mechanic.

In whispers, party, and normal chat it erases the whole sentence and turns it into ***.
EG. “Hey guys, what class are you gonna go next?” -> “***”
The entire sentence has been erased. This can happen randomly and when it happens it’s really annoying to figure out what word tripped you up.

If it’s in shout chat it simply censors the word into ***
EG. “Hey guys what class are you gonna go next?” -> “Hey guys what cl*** are you gonna go next?”

#*** the censor!

7 Likes

My biggest concern is that the current trade restrictions, which are allegedly anti-RMT measures, will go live without the changes necessary to make them work. I detest bots, specifically.

As you’re probably aware, all a silver seller needs to do at the moment is tell their buyer to put an undesirable piece of equipment on the market - equipment, which has a variable value that is difficult to assign fixed caps on, tends to have very high market caps even while most pieces aren’t actually desired by players, so it’s as easy as buying a set of terrible weapons and re-listing them for the silver seller to buy for 50,000,000 silver total, or something like that.

I have a detailed thread on the problem and how it might be solved that I think you should read, if you haven’t already. Thank you!

My cocerns are regarding Silver sharing to your own characters and silver trading. I want this to happen, specially the first one.

Hey! I’m impressed dude, for a person who’s never played the game some of your opinions are really solid. If you may, allow me to just enlighten you on a few points based on personal experience and opinion (I’ve been playing the game for a while, even now in the KR server!)

Swordie is quite a lackluster class indeed. Personally I think Thrust is actually a good skill because it’s a 0 cooldown source of Pierce Damage. It’s a good way for you to get pierce autoattacks when you’re not a Spear user. Other than that most of their skills are, indeed, quite bad. Gung Ho and Concentrate for example have horrible scaling. Why would you want a +20 damage buff at level 200 when you should be dealing 800 damage per autoattack?

This is not quite true. Pyro’s damage is surprisingly high and it’s a very solid choice even later when you want to deal good damage. Fireball and Flame ground are outstanding skills that will kill mobs throughout the whole game.
Personally, my biggest complaints about Pyros are that they have too many skills that are just bad compared to Fireball and Flame Ground. Flare is horrible, Fire Wall got so nerfed it’s also horrible now, Enchant fire is only worthwhile for the bonus attack line.
Fire Pillar is lovely, especially now it had a cooldown reduction, but 135 seconds of cooldown still feels pretty hefty compared to other lower cooldown CC skills.
Hell Breath is one of those skils you never see people using because everyone mutually agrees it’s just a bad idea to use it.

I don’t understand why you’d want Conceal have its’ duration extended. Other than claymore, Sapper traps are temporary and vanish within 30ish seconds. They also deal okay-ish damage but it’s nothing impressive.
Most Sappers pick the class for Broom trap, because that skill is one of the best AoEs in the game. Nobody really picks Sapper as a PvP class to sit down on a corner and set up traps for, as you said, an hour, and just wait for someone to step on them. That’s impossible and it feels not very fun for both parties - the Sapper and whoever is fighting them.

Bokors feel quite lackluster actually. Mainly because it’s very easy to produce zombies in grinding scenarios, but very hard to produce zombies in Boss battles. That makes skills such as Damballa tough to deal damage to bosses since your zombies will be either killed, or won’t be there at all before they can explode.
There should be something Bokors could do to spawn a small amount of Zombies. Like Giving Tet Mamak La a higher cooldown but make it so the skill spawns 2/3 zombies when you toss the skull on the ground.
The Veve skills are also a bit sad since they only buff yourself and your zombies now. Back in a few betas ago you could use them to also buff your parties, making Bokors much welcome whenever they were around.

Nowadays most people don’t like Bokors in parties too because their zombies walk on top of Heals, stealing them from players. I think Zombies shouldn’t steal healing tiles, it’s quite bothersome that you’re threatened to die because of their bad AI.

/////

These are just a few tidbits of criticism on your points. There’s a few more but heh, I’m a bit lazy to go through everything. You did a nice job describing most anyway. So good work!

My biggest concern with the game, but is based on the High Latency, and also based on pay to win. For the grind it is not always interesting for many players. I would quests more information about dungeons and have raids, and how it will work the improvement of system equipment, failure rate and will be sold by token, and also during the game every new patch with class issues, will resetes skills and status.

Some classes are there for utility/support without damage early on, some provides reliable damage at early level. Thus, easier leveling and mobbing experience for those who pick the damage dealer. It’s up to you to choose, enjoy the progress/process or the end result.

As you go up the rank, there will be better classes to outperform the lower rank classes in field of dps, thus making them obselete or as a filler dps. You can’t expect every skill to be of dealing good damage.

For example, you cant expect skills from rank 2 dealing more damage than rank 7. For that, mix-matching utility/support classes with DPS classes can be of use. Or, you could just prepare for future by choosing utility/support classes which might contribute to the coming classes.

It sounds vague, but I understand your point of making skills more attractive and meaningful. For this issue, there are attributes to make up for some skills. Ultimately, it’s up to your preferences and creativity to plan the skill builds and class choices.

I’m not 100% sure since I haven’t played the game, but personally, I’m concerned about choosing classes that end up not working out for what the end game content needs and regretting my decision.

I’ve found this particularly tough since I’ve chosen cleric and don’t know what builds will have enough healing/support or which ones will have more than is necessary. It’s not like a DPS build, where you always know that you can never have too much DPS. =P

1 Like