Tree of Savior Forum

What's the point of going Monk really?

Which kind of proves the point that it’s really pointless to go Monk, right? As you said, we can’t build off of that foundation as effectively as other classes and instead just opens up another role for your character. Other people have said it’s a strength, which I wholeheartedly agree upon because tackling two roles at once is quite a rare feat, but it’s also a glaring weakness that people should be aware of as well. I don’t see how the Krivis is related here but I suppose it counts that Krivis -> PD builds are essentially even better damage dealers than Monks while being able to provide quintessential support as well with a proper build path.

Just doing it for the kamehameha

3 Likes

Honestly I just wish the knockback on Palm Strike and Energy Blast was removed along with not being relegated as main healer in dungeons/missions. I’ve already had the pleasure of dealing with being the “Main Healer” a few times now with only a level 5 Heal and a level 6 Mass Heal from Priest 3.

I am all for being a support DPS but when my DPS options make the team do less damage over all and my support puts me into a role I simply cannot fulfill, it just makes the game miserable. I will be staying Monk for the time being hoping IMC will make some changes but only time will tell.

I brought Krivis into the discussion because it is possibly a prerequisite of monk. Monk is primarily a STR damage dealer so it can’t really use Krivis to boost its damage as effectively as, say, an INT Paladin.

As a side note, I play a STR/DEX Paladin with cleric c2/diev and I feel the struggle myself when I compare myself to a true DPS char. I knew from the start that I was gimping my damage by going with this specific build, though.

I just really enjoy this character and with good gems/gear I can somewhat make it work. I’ve done it before in CBT up to like level 160 so that helped.

i also in C2>D1>P3 path, still thinking my last class should i go PD or other.
struggling what is the minimal dex i should have because STR/INT bonus for cleric class is an advantage that i don’t want to waste. (currently pumping all to STR, while having 50dex)

Any advise what is the mininum Dex needed for Paladin?
For example, your opponent having 200dex, what is the dex required to get him hit easily ? (50 ? 100?)

suppose it should be C2>D2>P3, which is the best support + second dps for the team, and you can be anything on the team (if need healer, be healer, if need dps, be dps)

So, which one is the best for Monk in PVP? Plate or Leather?

I’m not too experienced in PvP but I’ve heard that plague doctor is too good to pass up so I’m not sure if going C2>D2>P3 is a good idea.

As for STR:DEX allocation, it is highly dependent on your gear and gems later in the game if we’re talking about crit rate. The few times I tried pvping with a mainly DEX build it was quite hard for me to hit my enemy not because of their evasion stat but because smite has such a long cast time making it really easy to dodge.

Go plate and max your plate mastery (it gives you stamina) and buy stamina pills. Double punch is awesome.

Monk depends a lot on what previous classes you took. If I wanted a damage oriented monk that actually feels like a monk, I’d go c3 priest, c2 monk and chaplain.

^ this

/kamehamehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

if you’re a plague Doctor then that class alone will make any build shine. Bokor/monk/PD are great imo.

really you go monk for the cc and debuffs, but only 2 circles in.

no, shepherd not summon sheep
your version of sheep is paladin conversion skill <=(base from gosip true or not dont know yet )

1 Like

@Levan Thx for sharing your impressions.

It is disheartening to hear about what ones future class will be like. Especially the knock backs without a switch to turn off seem very irritating.

Might i throw in the question, how double punch scales? Like, does it add it’s tool tip dmg to your auto attack (for example: 400 auto attack + ability dmg from double punch)?

Does the priests sacrament second attack trigger with double punch?

And what about this priest buff buying? Never heard of that, could anyone explain that in detail? :slight_smile:

Sacrament does not does not affect double punch

also from what I have seen and heard (from streams and other players) Blessing and Sacrament are not usefull at later levels

This is also the reason why I chose Krivis3 build for my monk, maxing Zalciai and Stigma, (IMHO is more usefull at higher levels) -you either go all in or you don’t to make it effective

@archiemedis66 - Pardoners can turn their learned skills into scroll that they can sell to other players for 1 hour duration or 100 hits

Technically, Double Punch is considered a skill so normal attack damage doesn’t matter. However anything that can also increase skill based damage will still strengthen it. Sacrament doesn’t affect it. And Priest buff buying is where you just buy buffs from Pardoners that can last for usually about an hour. I don’t think it affects the role of a support that much at least, let alone for a Monk, especially since you still have to use buffs for fellow party members and whatnot if you did decide for a Priest path before Monk.

welcome to the promised land /hadouken

1 Like

only wish is we are going to have is a skill that prolong our buffs and a dash dmg move for pvp.

@garienza @Levan
Thank you two for answering.

So if we consider a Str monk build, Str will increase double punch’s dmg?
But your actual weapon would only give additional bonuses, but in no way any weapon dmg towards the total double punch hit?

I think i wasted a week of playing … :D. This thread is extremely useful and saddening at the time.

@garienza: Yeah, i just looked at the skill builder and see why you did that.
But on the other hand; i think Aukuras (the fire torch) at lvl 15 really shines. Have you looked at it? It reduces the regen time by -15s, where a normal regen should happen every 17 sec (or so). Basically you autoheal + 180 every 2 sec. (and get fire res)

right now at lv 55, I never needed healing since I’m dex build I rarely get hit, my HP is not that high so lv 5 healing at 10 Int is more than enough to fill my hp, for that matter I also never needed to join a party(unless invited) my build is very self sufficient, also I have sheild that regens my HP (Meteor), and Cafrisun set +5 (leather Mastery lv 5) with that said I don’t think I will need Aukuras, I’ll leave the healing to the Priest builds

my battle strategy is hit mobs with zaibas if that doesn’t kill most of them then I finish them off with autoattack or by my pet companion (pet companion system seems broken for now – they never die! invest in one if you can)

at krivis2 my stigma lv5 adds 43 to STR and INT so I am able to focus on building DEX

Yes, that kamehameha

Stopped reading the first post when he complained about double punch being hard to use. Thanks for posting your feedback! It really helps to hear what people who can’t breathe unassisted and need help training plate mastery, getting gobs of free max stamina from quests, and buying stamina pills have to say!

1 Like