Tree of Savior Forum

What's the point of Dungeon Matchmaking if it's solo Q only?

This change is rather counter-intuitive and virtually unheard of in any other MMO. You can only enter dungeon matchmaking if you’re solo, and it’s too good to not go because of the 600% exp bonus.

Talk about the exp bonus, here’s a bit of info to clarify things for those that don’t know:

This is the new party exp distribution as of Jan. 28th patch in kToS, note that this is without dungeon matching, aka premade

• 2 Players (180% or 90%/player)
  • 3 Players (220%)
  • 4 Players (280%)
  • 5 Players (350%)
    • 5 Players with 4 unique archetype classes (400%)
    • Dungeon matchmaking at 600% (unique rule does not apply)

This would make perfect sense if we didn’t have a dungeon entry limit, but we do. The dungeons in ToS give a ton of exp and are one of the best ways to overcome a grind wall, and it just makes no sense that we are losing out on a 200% exp difference even if we’re just trying to duo party.

Some suggestions:

• Allow dungeon matching for parties of all sizes. Start at 600% for a completely random group of players, aka solo Q. For each player that you queue with in your party, you lose a scaling % of the exp bonus. So it’ll look more like this:
    Solo Q = 600% (120%/player)
    Duo Q = 580% (116%/player)
    Trio Q = 520% (104%/player)
    Quad Q = 440% (88%/player)
    Full Party Q = 350%, same as before, but if 4 unique archetype classes are present, then it goes up to 400%

This takes into consideration of the original design with regards to a full premade, while lessening the penalties for using matchmaking with a friend. Please reconsider the exp distribution system IMC, thank you.

15 Likes

Why not just make it 600% for all though (for dungeons)? We should encourage people to play with their friends.

Yea. The bonus is way too much. It seems like a bad attempt to fix the problem that nobody is using the dungeon matchmaking feature. I really hope the game designer will think about it again. This also destroys established parties. I won’t play with my friends and my wife in dungeons…cause I’m gonna miss out on exp.

3 Likes

A better question is: Why do I need to go with random people if I have plenty of friends in game? The exp bonus should be equal no matter if you are going alone or in full premade party.

5 Likes

Yep. I was really looking forward to partying with my friends, until I realized that we can’t even use the matchmaking system, and even if we made a party, we’d lose up to 250% exp. It’s simply anti-social in a game that is so group oriented.

In my opinion IMC wants to help also solo players or don’t have permanent party friends to play with. In reality not all people have friends or even if they have not all are gamers like you, so what’s your choice is to party with strangers. Even if you make friends on an MMO but some of them are friends in real life then they will make priority for their true friends instead of a stranger online friend.

1 Like

Yeah…I understand why they added this system…but it only helps those that don’t have a regular party…
My idea is to force players to do one dungeon run with their regular party, but each 2nd run must be done with the matchmaking. This would counter the problem a little…but it’s still a little annoying.

The system feels out of date, I hope they change it to better fit iTOS.

More like this:
Solo = 600%
2p = 1200%
3p = 2400%
4p = 4800%
I’m sure ppl will stop complaining.
You guys always want the best, ple :unamused:

1 Like

Premade party don’t need time to gather members while on matchmaking you need the right PT members before you can go. So I guess there’s nothing wrong on how they design it.

There needs to be incentive to use the matchmaking.

If people just do pre-mades, unique builds that aren’t min/max elite have no chance of getting into dungeons because elite think they know how the game is supposed to be played in its’ beta stage.

Matchmaking is fine. If you want your groups, make them. Game isn’t stopping you. The extra exp is purely there to give solo players some chance at grouping.

in iCBT2 I had to go hang out infront of a dungeon for hours sometimes and get NO groups because I wasn’t a cleric or a linker.

How it is in kToS is fine.

9 Likes

It’s about fairness and especially BALANCE. That’s what most people here are after.

1 Like

problem in most games wich allow premade Qs like duo trio etc simply form parties of lets say 4 people and let somebody Q up until hes in their party of 5 JUST and only to get the bonus…meanwhile everyone else whos qing up is being kicked over and over and over - had that discussion on a couple forum and turned out that even more ppl demand a yolo q only and hated the premate qing system

so again scenario: you Q into a 4 man group over and over - they kick you over and over cause they want that one friend of theirs to Q into them - you get frustrated and hate the qing system - you go on forum and demand a yolo q only - thats what happened in eos for example xD

3 Likes

I’ve seen more posts about you complaining about complaining than actual complaints.

If you aren’t going to contribute meaningfully either, then you are part of the problem.

2 Likes

Are you complaining about me? You have no right to judge me therefore stop attacking me. And what kind of assume is that?

I’ve witnessed the same thing happen in TERA too for example. My suggestion is just an idea, and we still don’t know how the kicking system works in ToS. If 4 man Q’s get abused heavily, then just make it so that kicks either have a CD, or you have a maximum amount of kicks allowed per dungeon.

If you allow both premade and solo players to be 600%, it balances both the interests of each side.

The fact that there is a matchmaking system in place already solves the problem where solo players are unable to find a party because of their (arguably) less viable build.

There’s no need to penalize premade teams. I see absolutely no reason why they should be unequal. Solo players don’t need ‘extra exp’ to have a chance at grouping, the matchmaking system already allows them to find a group.

If the argument is that solo players will never be able to find a group because everyone will start making premades, that is simply untrue for the following reasons:

1. There will always be a pool of solo players unable to find a group.
  2. Not all premades are 5 players. Solo players can easily fill up the remaining vacant slots.
  3. Rejecting people for their builds is something that rarely or never happens. Most people simply do not judge, or more realistically, don’t care. At most, people reasonably want a cleric and linker for convenience. But they don’t go as far as to say X class is not allowed, unless it’s a really high stakes end game raid.

Anyway, we don’t really disagree in principle. I don’t want matchmaking to be scrapped because I’m a solo player, but I also want to be able to queue with friends when needed. Making them equal makes sense that way.

A balance game is a boring game, when they try to get to a balance point, they will end up breaking another balance.
Some classes are meant to be OP, etc
Actually, just make all dungeon exp = 100%, there’s your balance.

2 Likes

Honestly I agree with you and wish they just left it at 600% for all of matchmaking. In other games, the exp amount is almost never changed, only maybe a buff or 2 is added for a full PUG. My suggestion is just to serve as a in-the-middle alternative in case the devs truly believe in having a penalty for a full 5 man premade, despite us having a dungeon entry limit anyway.

It’s hilarious how you are telling me not to judge you or attack you, when in the majority of posts you are attacking others for ‘complaining’ even where some of them are simply making fair comments.

Hypocrite?

1 Like