Tree of Savior Forum

Whats the chance to get the beta key?

I mean it was pretty high last time, 5k out of 12k forums users then they add the additional 3k so that is 8k already confirmed players. Now we have an extra 5k so people should be getting keys right? Or am I missing something?

I hope that I can get some key for this time.
Please please please …
xD

There is only 5k keys now. They will add another 5k. There are 40k registered users on this site. You have to fight amongst 35,000 people. so the chance is 5000/35000 which is 14%. so yeap. not very high. Even if we take out 5000 fake accounts. the chance is still only 17%.

4 Likes

Of course, that chance will go lower over time. And back up once IMC decides to give out more keys. And from an abstract perspective, it will become 100% once the game is released.

1 Like

I mean where were they when the odds are 5k/12k for the first beta? ToS has been on hype ever since that R1 announces so I am just wonder why they are now en masse for 2nd beta while the first one barely got any

ABOUT FIRST CBT:
“Now, before we ask “will second CBT international?” I do not think anybody can answer that other than imcGAMES. From the FAQ #4, we know that there is something planned for us after the first CBT. Ten-thousand participants cannot even cater for all the South Korean gamers eager to play Tree of Savior because the number of gamers who registered this time for CBT was 90,000.”

I think chance is near 5%

What do you mean barely got any? When the first CBT was announced there were only 4k+ registered users. After it was announced 8k+ people joined. The 2nd CBT announcement was 8 days ago. Based on this, https://forum.treeofsavior.com/about only 5.1k people joined around after the time the 2nd CBT was announced. So actually, more people joined/made fake accounts after the announcement of the 1st CBT.

I think your chances are actually pretty high of getting in. Even though there are 40k+ users on the forums, there were only 14.7k active users in the past 30 days, and I would be very surprised if IMC was giving out keys to inactive users.

Assuming all beta keys from the first iCBT were used, and all of those users are still active (5k+4k beta keys):
You have a 5/5.7=88% chance of getting a key for the 2nd iCBT.

More realistically though, if we assume 50% (a random number I pulled out of my ass) of the keys from the first iCBT will not be used in the 2nd or those users are not active on the forums:
You have roughly a 50% chance of getting a key for the 2nd iCBT.

4 Likes

Yeah my thoughts exactly, dunno why people panicking when its about 50% chance o.O

not a high chance but not that low either…I really hope I can get into the next one tho.

1%… keep fingers crossed

1% or 50% … Lets hope everyone get a key . Any chance is accepted! hehe… but Damn! i want to play it so bad!!

i really hope they focus the guys who have been sighed up for a while and who are active it makes me sad thinking there are going to be people out there who have made a fake accounts and will get invited and who says these people would even log back in. a empty account holding the chance to play such a awesome game

2 Likes

I really liked what you worte, thank you for giving hope :slight_smile:

Also since the beta is for a full month, fingers crossed they will gradually send out more invites or provide additional keys to active players to distribute!

not really … probably 50% or more of these accounts won’t do the steps do get the CBT key that imc will announce … only the first cbt was possible to get the percentage of getting a key … but if the method is the same then we will never know the chance because you don’t know how many of these accounts logged in at the given time.

Not only that, but there are some websites that give out free keys. I remember Mmohut gave away limited beta keys for other games but first come first serve.

So if you think about it, there is actually a huge amount of keys floating around.

-From translator
-The top 10% players got extra keys.
-The original 8k+ players who is opt out of the 5k.
-Fansites give aways.
-Additional keys given in between weeks.

So you have a higher chance of getting a key and if you happen to not get one, then in essence you got lucky in a way? (since it’s harder not to get a key) At least that is one way to look at the bright side haha.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

So I for sure missed something,and can’t find any announcements or anything about iCBT2.Can someone clarify or link me to what they’ve said about it?

Edit: Found it in the General section when it honestly should be in the News and Announcements section.Hyped for more play time!