Tree of Savior Forum

What's so good about exorcist?

I’m probably not playing this class right because it’s such a popular class yet I don’t feel powerful at all.

First of all, the standard druid-exorcist is not effective against flying. The signature skill rubric is channeling, so if you face the wrong direction you have to wait another 15 sec. Other than rubric, there is really not much other attack skills (except maybe lower rank ones).

I don’t know what’s wrong with my playstyle (cleric3-priest2-druid2-exorc2). I feel like even a full SPR zealot can easily outperform exorcist damage-wise, whether it’s single target, AoE, or bossing.

I don’t know–enjoying a cult status, perhaps?

This Cleric version of elelock is all about low CD and spammable skill set. With the proper setup you can dish out godly damage. … I’m just stating the obvious.

If you read this month’s Popolion Post, you might’ve noticed IMC is planning to “rework” Cleric. We won’t know how IMC does it but we should all be damn sure that Exo is on the nerf list.

My 2 cents.

Nerf exorcist o.O?! I actually think exorcist needs a buff. It’s the skill rubric that needs nerf. Rubric by itself is strong, no doubt. The other skills of exorcist seems… Quite situational?

Druid grass increase mob/mdef for non plant monster. Try without grass on.

Warlock Mastema boost holy damage by 100%(?). Try it for good team synergy.

My Exo pretty much can decimate any normal mob. Did you even learn all the attribute?

Chappariton card x3 to maximize damage. You have any card on?

Exo rotation can also include heal bomb. Attribute kinda cheap for class rank 1 to lvl 100. Cleric c3 sure worth it to max.

Interesting. Let’s compare Exo3 and Zea3, consider all skill can be maxed.
Zea3 have
Deadly Fanaticism lv15 x1.8 dmg for all Zealot dmg.
Fanatic Illusion lv10: 928%/s if combine with camp buff, x1.8 to 1670%/s
Immolation lv15: 418 *5 *2 /0.5 = 8360% x1.8 to 15048%
E.Trust lv5 : 827% *10 = 8270% x1.8 to 14886%

Exo3 have
Rubric lv15: 927% *6 /0.25 = 22248% x2 if use on Demon type (hi Inq2)
Gregorate lv10: 1348% *5 (if you use it right) = 6740% (4135% at lv1 if no interested)
Aqua lv15: 396% *3 *8.5 /0.4 = 25245%
Koinonia: Can be forever if combine with camp, diev, krivis so this is DoT skill 206%/0.4 = 512%/s . double to 1024%/s if 3 member is cleric. This skill stand along can beat Fanatic Illusion in same camp buff conditional.
And there is a OP Katadikazo?, but let say it dmg is the same as Blind Faith
So which do you think is stronger?
Or should i say 2:1 for Exo?

Exorcist is a lot worse than a lot of people say.

First of all, yes, the total damage numbers are high, but the initial damage is pretty abysmal per hit, so you need to be stationary a lot to achieve a kill (i.e. you need to stand close to the enemy to deal damage with Koinonia, Aqua Benedicta, and possibly even Rubric as the enemy can escape your beam = no more damage).

Then, while you have an elemental advantage for a lot of monsters, it’s not so easy to kill the stronger ones.
Ground Destruction skills will clear your Aqua Benedictas, moving enemies (e.g. Zaura) will move out of your Rubric within the blink of an eye and Koinonia can’t even be used solo, so it’s only useful in team battles, and only deals damage when the team is positioned correctly.
In the majority of cases, my Koinonia does nothing because people either cluster together or run around crazily (maybe they don’t even know what the skill does?), spreading and closing the “holy net” randomly on monsters.
And, as its base damage% are so low, it deals ± nothing against the majority of strong bosses (except the additional element & blessing damage which ignore the defence).

As for the rest of the skills, Gregorate is pretty useless except for clearing debuffs (it doesn’t even work that well with zombies to explode) and mobbing monsters, same with Entity, so I don’t use them except for pulling aggro in 99% of the time.
Engkrateia is completely useless after the nerf as it only provides 3-6 seconds of protection if not close to a camp.

All in all, given the many downside the skills have, the damage is justified.
It’s also pretty much the only viable damage aside from Druid and Bokor in the Cleric tree on the magic side.

About Zealot vs Exorcist:
You forgot that Zealot has an easy way to increase damage via critical hits.
Given Zealot has free crits and crit rate with Beady Eyed, Zealot can also make use of the high critical attack boost of Krivis, which can tremendously boost the overall performance of the Class.

Zealot can also benefit from elemental boosts (e.g. by advancing to Taoist at Rank 11 to double the damage of Fanatic Illusion and give another 50% attack boost to every single attack skill in its repertoire via Storm Calling) and use Deprotected Zone(if we assume the monster stays in one place for Rubric & Aqua Benedicta, we can also assume that for Deprotected Zone) and Zalciai for easier damage & crits.

To be honest, I think Zealot is in the clear advantage since it works well on its own, has useful buffs and can be further boosted by e.g. Taoist.

Exorcist is strong in theory, but in general it suffers a lot from bad team-play and the monster A.I.
I think it’s clear that Exorcist is by far not as good as the majority of people think.

It’s two damage sources are dependent on the enemies positioning, it offers little to no support (1 debuff clearing every ~30 seconds) and is really costly to invest into to have any results at all (Rubric needs 2 expensive attributes to work well[still ignores a lot of mobs even after some mobs died due to the initial mob limit], Entity needs at least partial investment to even hit any mobs at all, Aqua Benedicta also requires another attribute to have sufficient hits to kill stronger mobs).

Its 3rd Circle is also underwhelming, a Circle of Dievdirbys for Laima or Zealot for Fanaticism or Druid for Lycanthropy is more efficient at boosting the overall damage & performance than Circle 3 of Exorcist,
which tells you a lot about the damage improvement per Circle.

2 Likes

Rubric is pretty much the reason to go Exo and you shouldn’t even consider it if you’re not going for circle 2. It does pretty OP damage once you have the attributes to increase the number of targets and reduce the damage cycle.

That being said, as a channeled skill you’re stuck in place for quite a while to get the full benefit. It’s a playstyle that works for some but I personally can’t stand. If you’re okay with being a turret every 8s (Provided you channel for the full duration each time), then Rubric is where it’s at.

In terms of the other DPS skills, they’re pretty underwhelming. Aqua Benedicta is subpar until you get the attribute that allows it to function as a psuedo DoT instead of a ticking AoE. Entity is designed for PvP. There are basically 0 mobs that make use of stealth mechanics so you’re not likely to get much out of it in PvE. Koinonia requires way too much coordination to make it worth the time. It might have some situational uses if you’re with guildies against a stationary boss or something, IDK.

Players don’t usually know what’s good, Meta is a disease that hurts growth by giving players who don’t want to try, an easy answer for getting what they want.

In truth, Exorcists aren’t that much better than every other class. Players aren’t close to achieving the most DPS possible in PvE even (not counting weapons which obviously they aren’t there yet)

Seems to be the theme of this morning for me, which has me continuously thinking about a video I watched about a month ago.

It talked about how in Star Craft, a game that hasn’t been update much (if at all) in a long time had a match up that for so long was thought to be favored by 1 side but 1 guy discovered a new way to play and now it’s considered the opposite. Starcraft is considered a serious game compared to ToS, if the players in that are still learning which is better I promise ToS players don’t know.

You’re build seems like it’s big strength is doing everything at once, if you don’t lag during the start of a boss battle you can throw down all your DoTs and then Rubric, it’d put you on CD I’m sure where you’re stuck using Heal, Cure (although those are both good skills) and such to attack while you wait to recast your DoTs.

My suggestion is to ignore meta, pick a class you like and research the options you have rather than what other players think is best. Come up with something you feel works and you won’t have to make a thread asking why everyone else thinks something silly that you can’t see.

1 Like

Just to add, the calculations probably don’t add the fact that Zealot 3 skills can crit easily, further boosted by Blind Faith’s Critical Attack attribute and Immolation’s Armor Melt attribute. I’ll dare say that Zealot 3 is one of the strongest damage classes in the cleric tree, and that its unfair to compare Exorcist and Zealot in terms of damage like that.

With that being said, Exorcist 3 is still very strong due to Rubric. I rather wish for IMC to balance Exorcist 3 out so Rubric is toned down and their other skills are better instead of Exorcist 3 being the meme Rubric 3 the class. I think of Exorcist 3 as simply a class that any builds, including support builds can take to have good damage without sacrificing anything or worrying about synergy from rank 1-8 classes.

(Or nerf Druid grass, jk)

If Zealot wouldnt be the strongest dps cleric it would be quite unfair^^

2 Likes

Yeah, Zealots debilitate themselves a LOT with their buffs to get that much damage, while Exorcist’s damage are pretty much only SP costs. Comparing Exorcist’s damage with Zealot’s damage as a basis of deriving if Exorcist’s damage is good is quite unfair. Maybe Taoist, Inquisitor or even Druid and Plague Doctor will serve better as comparison.

Rubric class (Exo :V) is very strong…

BUT its only second in term of overall DPS when you set up correctly…

Zealot is the top tier godlike DPS for cleric…
600 SPR gives around 25k SP
Scroll of arcane energy 10 pump it to +30%
empower 15 pump it to +150%
Blind faith 10 gives 3.8 times of 50% of SP consumed from current SP additional dmg holy dmg (bypass mdef :V)

Now…
Zealot3 alone does 40 hits of 47500, giving 1.9m
Zealot3 + arcane 10 = 61750 x 40 = 2.47m
Zealot3 + arcane 10 + empower 15 = 133000 x 40 = 5.32m

Blnd faith have 40 second CD…
NOW, to make it viable, you take kabba1 for self sustain SP refill, additionally can grab diev1 for reduced CD…
Also, due to being holy dmg, its +50% dmg to dark :V

So basically you are dealing 2m every 40 second ± stand alone… and over 5m properly setup…

In resume, dont compare max zealot dmg to any other class, is silly dmg…
Instead compare Rubric to Tao or Inqui… and even then Rubric alone goes on top…

As i said in another place in the forum, Rubric needs to be toned down to Tao or inqui dmg…

As a side note, chorta from druid is also broken for CM :V

Rubric to Tao? I don’t think so. My Tao can do 80k per zaiba’s hit, while my exo, using the same equipaments, hits 50k.

Tao skills and exo have close cooldown time, but tao can cast 3 zaibas in a row, and he even have divine punishement.

I don’t see any reason to nerf rubric, but to burst the other ■■■■ skills of exo. If imc takes rubric down, I’m sure that exos will become the new forgotted plague doctors.

I know most of this is going to be Druid-Exor pros, but it’s a really great combo:

• Laser meme beam
  • Rubric’s channel + Aqua works nicely with Druid2-3’s dots
  • Synergy with Druid, which is pretty amazing for damage and sustaining Hp
  • Demon destroyer
  • Synergy with an Inq party member and their ability to demonize enemies
  • Druid + Exor are both together basically a full rotation of skills, meaning any other ranks can be used for support options (people do Cl2-Bokor3 for Hex and Damballa, but Cl2-Diev3 is great, Cler3-Prie1-Diev1/Prie2 is a great healer with full Spr, w/e else there is)
  • If you do Druid3-Exor2 (which is way better than Druid2-Exor3 imo) you can do awoo mode for it’s 36% magic damage and even better heals over time with Chor

Maybe it isn’t the strongest, but it’s still really strong while also allowing you a lot of freedom at the same time.
I’d actually be kind of disappointed in Zealot if it wasn’t stronger, because of all the drawbacks it has (no heals with Fanaticism, Blind Faith eats your Sp).

Rubric does still need a nerf though imo. I would love if they lowered it just a little, and made c3 attributes for the other skills to make Exor3 look a little more appealing than it is right now.
And please give Koinonia an alternative effect if used with less than 3 people. I think it’s weird having a member requirement for a 10 point attack skill.

2 Likes

So you are saying that a 82% (zaibas15) skills hits 80k per hit vs a 783%(rubric10) per hit does 50k???

Or you are saying the whole 19 hits of zaibas does 80k and 1 hit of rubric does 50k??

Also, divine punishment is a 1 hit with high CD, which is kinda meh, but one viable option on toning down rubric…

1 Like

1 hit of zaiba = 80k
1 hit of rubric = 50k

Well, against those monster of 330dg I use just a +11 heart of glory T7 the difference, I guess, is that zaibas has a lot of burst. Divine stigma, storm calling, aukuras… I’m using 3x 10☆ lightning damage cards, 2x chapp and a froster lord (with the lots of zaibas hits its effect triggers almost ever). Zaibas is enhanced at 80nv. And I have the extended transmit prana 6 in this build too.

Rubric have all the passive atr and is enchanced at 30. 3x chappa, no prana. Same weapon.

Neat, didnt know the whole lighting interactions… its kinda good…

Also, you are doing dmg to mostly water element mobs, with a very long combo (pretty cool imo)…
I still have some issues with some of the interactions due to them saying additional electric dmg tho…

Still… just by factor
Rubric10 with 24 hits = 18288%
Zaibas15 with 38 hits = 3116%

Going by what you say, it would be something like zaibas over 450% per hit to reach rubric, and this is where am not so sure, due to storm calling and froster lord unknowns…

Still, hitting dark mobs rubric would win tho… and hitting neutral mobs zaibas would still be worse by a few…

Lots of great explanations and comments. I will have to take my time and read them later (I’m at work right now LoL)

I’m glad that people are saying zealot is very strong though. It’s only fair because their playstyle is quite risky and sometimes costly (SP pots!!)

Half of the monsters at dg 330 are weak to lightning.

Still, Rubric is outright stupidly strong.

Zealot dishes a lot of dmg, indeed, but it’s also really risky when you get that Immolation defense reduction attribute for yourself (along with the fact that well, you can’t heal yourself)…

It’s also the fact Druid + Exo gets lots of support capabilities. Chortasmata heals, Sterea Trofh, Transform providing utilities such as max hp, defense, move speed (bunny speedster), etc. While Zealot 3 builds tend to be more intensely focused on raw dps itself. You have safety zone, sterea trofh, etc. to protect yourself, increase your defenses, help your party, etc, while Zealots are using those skills with the intent of not dying. You save your heals for your party members while Zealots are selfishly saving them for themselves when their Fanaticism is about to end.

1 Like

Yup yup, pretty much my experience with the 2 builds I have. My intention for the 2 are pretty much the same as well. One is high risk high reward DPS while other is more versatile. I guess I’m more ok with my exorcist now