Tree of Savior Forum

Whats a good R9 for Sw2/Brb3/Dopp3?

since R9 is nearing

what is a good class for Sword2/Barb3/Doppel3 ?

this is a pure pve character…

my stat build is all str

so far the class that is most appealing is shinobi or i go sword3

will shinobi work without any dex?

Get sword 3 full str and get gungo ho 15 man whith this build you get a high physycal atack boost

Highlander is better option for doppel that Barbarian. Yes barbarian give Critical rate and Frenzy give more damage, but Highlander have better skills and skill rotation. An one plus… can make Sw3, Hl3 Doppel 3 in Rank 9 or Sw2 HL3, Doppèl3 Shinobi (clones plus Highlander Skill are a boss killer).

2 Likes
  • You can make shinobi without any dex.

• Barbarian 3 isnt a bad class but what @kitsuneesp said about Highlander being better is true. Highlanders just have higher skill factors and more skills to boast damage with. Highlanders also have the advantage of using Crosscut + 3x Lv 10 Prison Cutter cards to get +30% damage which is something barbarian 3 don’t get. Even if you miss Cleave on Highlander 3, you can still take Barbarian 1 to have the +50% slash damage debuff.

• Sword 3 Highlander 2 is more fitting for shinobi, since clones can copy Crown, Moulinet and Double slash. If you take Highlander 3 Barb 1 route they can only copy Crown + Moulinet. Both builds are superb, though.

• You don’t need any DEX but you can have some if you want to spam double slash + skyliner faster.

Barb3 Doppel is a deadend class for R9. Barb3 isn’t even that great in the first place. I mean the main gimmick of the class is that you can extend Cleave/Zwerchhau duration with Warcry, but there isn’t really high dps skills left to use after you blow Zornhau/Redel/Zucken. Compared to the R9 Doppel Shinobi builds, you sacrifice so much bossing power for maybe a bit more AoE damage and physical support.

ok highlander it is…

hopefully they gave out rank reset when R9 goes out

Shinobi will most likely get nerfed and Barb will probably be getting buffs. Keep this in mind.

1 Like

On paper, SW3-HL2-D3-Shinobi is pretty comparable to SW1-HL3-D3-Shinobi in solo situations (or party situations without another Barb). If you have another Barbarian-based swordsman applying Cleave though, the SW3 build pulls ahead by quite a decent margin (e.g. World bosses).

The HL3 build is probably a safer bet since if they nerf Bunshin too much, at least you can take advantage of the free 1-rank rollback, and not have to bank on a full rank reset. SW3 is weaker than HL3 without Shinobi. Then again, who knows, they’re changing things left and right. Next thing you know, Barb will get massive buffs and you’ll have to full reset back to Barb3 anyways.

Hi how about swordsmanC1 highlanderC2 barbarian C3 doppelC3 when they rebalance the multi hits will great benefits to this build . Unless they revamp shinobi to diffrent play style ?

Its a very nice build man because highlander c3 add a more skill rotation and 2 debuffs crow and croscut debuff.

Coz i counting rotation of war cry cd almost90% up time and pros point is it add 10sec when i use debuff like zwerchhau give extra dmg when using slash atk , 6.5 sec + 10sec enough to spam all skill with extra shock dmg and bleed dmg or normal physical slash dmg

For s2-b3-d3 best option for R9 is S3, you also can go High1 or Peltasa(if you solo a lot) but both are worse than S3 in overal, Shinobi has zero sinergy with all classes in this build. More than that Barb3 is overrated as hell, this build a lot worse than H3 even now in any situations except if you have permament Chronomancer in your party and you have godlike teamplay but High3 also benefits from Chronomancer a lot(with Shinobi at R9 it will be tremendous difference).

Barb3 is taken only for:
Frenzy: in order to pull of all it’s beneftis you have to waste time to make 10 autoatacks(since stacks does not apply on skill usage) and buff time is 50 sec while CD is 70, you can keep frenzy uptime only with Chronomancer in your party, without it you will have 20 sec of no frenzy and will have to repeat 10 autoatacks after each frenzy cast. Final benefit of frenzy is 15% dmg.
Warcry: in order to pull of all it’s benefits you have to use it on 10 mobs for 444 patk(about 5.5% damage boost if your character has 7-8k patk already) and 10% defense reduction . Also it should increase debuf time of cleave by 10 seconds but in fact incrase duration of warcry debuf only, Crown/Zwerchhau debufs is also not affected. Final benefits of warcry is ~5% patk boost and ~3% dmg boost via defense reduction

There is buff limits in game, so when you loose 2 selfbufs(Frenzy & Warcry) they are replaced by other usefull bufs from your party for High3 thats sligthly negate buffs boost difference. But being barb3 you can’t negate lack of skills(very good skills) in your rotation(seism is only filler and it’s bad skill) compared to High3. This is only from party perspective, when you soloing Frenzy and Warcry is nearly useless compared to additional skills from High3.

Time that you waste to pull off all strenght of Warcry and Frenzy(especially Frenzy) is reduce your dps by a lot, while being Highlander you just unload you skills without a rest.

There is a lot more benefits from High3 compared to Barb3 but i think that’s enough.

With R9 patch Barb3 will be RIP for me, played with it since release despite it’s already slightly worse than High3 in performance.

And about shinobi build for doppel:

S1->H3->B1->D3->Shinobi is better than S3->H2->D3->Shinobi

Cleave + H3 skills a lot better than Double Slash + neglegible patk bonus from gun ho.

And having dex is not set in stone requirment for shinobi, it will be OK with pure STR build, dex is needed only for faster animations of certain skills. It’s about personal preference, if you don’t have stat reset potion and you have full str or STR + Dex you don’t have to wory, both are OK you don’t have to be upset because your stats is not optimal in that case, you have to be upset only if you full dex :smiley:

Warcry actually does extend Zwerchhau’s duration… but the problem as a Barb3 doppel is that you run out of meaningful skill to use after the big 3 and can’t really take advantage of that extended debuff time. Cyclone has decent total damage, yes, but it takes so long so its actual dps is low. As for Cleave, duration isn’t really an issue since you have 3 overheats on it, and you actually want to keep the self buff on (+50-100 crit) so you’d be refreshing it in 5 seconds anyways.

Highlander 3 also has Skull Swing, which is very strong when you’re soloing/or in a party comp without defense reduction skills. Suppose you have about 5x as much p.attack as the enemy’s p.defense (e.g. you have 6k patk vs. enemy’s 1.2k pdef). Skull Swing effectively lets you deal about 38% more damage for the next 3 seconds, and it’s usually stacked on top of Cleave and Zwerchhau. So you can see how it augments burst even further.

Without Warcry

With Warcry

Just tested:

seems we playing different games :smiley:

P.S. Ok i found the reason, you apply debuf before warcry.

It actually works on every debuff you got, Cleave/Zwerchau/Shock and even Stun, try doing a Helm Chopper on a monster and use Warcry… enjoy free ~10 seconds stun duration. :smiley:

PS. Little correction on your previous post, Frenzy is 15% Physical Attack (16,5% with Divine Might) not 15% Damage. :wink:

The problem is that the way warcry works is non reliable, i always thought that it should work on every debuf i apply on target that already affected by warcry, but incrase duration of already applied debufs by casting warcry is meh. One more reason to leave barb3 in past.

Thanks for testing out for doppel I think they will extend the damage cap on doppel to deal higher cap thus Highlander attribute boost 50% boost on critical attack . BarbC3 attribute on war cry and frenzy give 1.5% per hit x20 hits at lvl10 equals to 3 card mole + if u use mole 60% buff and the bad thing about this build is u need to keep running to maintain and combo very hard but need alots practice

Why I say good I I have tested HL c3 the skill are slow and long cool down. In the end skill are not enough because there’s will be a time chrono will not with u so if situation like this i prefer in all ways HL gives 50% more critical rate C2 is enough and barb3 give more attribute and everything build is too buff or burst out best off doppel