Tree of Savior Forum

What would be the proper solution for the monopolization of World Bosses?

Dear all savior, and IMC @STAFF_Max
The 8 hours debuff would be the solution?

According to my opinion, the debuff is not the proper solution since 8 to 10 parties are currently hunting the boss such as Cerberus. Regularly, the boss would give the reward to top 5 damage dealers. If the each DPS have be distributed into 5 parties, then the number of cube would equal to 25 cubes. However, most party would have at least 2-3 top DPS in the party which results in 5-10 cubes. Two parties would get the reward.

In this case, the debuff would be applied on thoes 2 parties who has receive the reward. Where other 2 parties can still hunt the next wave of World boss. Later, the first two parties would come back to boss. Increasing the drop from 2 parties to 4 parties.

However, the debuff also applied on everyboss which may say that the party can not kill the boss more than one per 8 hours.

What boss do you think is worth to hunt?

of course, Cerberus = Gladiator band which can be found only from world boss and can be sold expensively.

If you think that they have to pay for electricity to turn on their PC, and they won’t pay for it. It is wrong

Gladiator band can be sold for 100 U.S dollar or more. With that price, the electricity expense is not the problem.

They can still hunt boss consecutively, and nothing has changed.

I am the one who didnt get the cube as well as others

From my perspective, the solution should be better.

First solution: the rare drop from boss can not be traded. Where, Power player has no business to farm the world boss, and other player who really need the box can freely kill.

Second solution: Turn on the channel 1 or world boss into free PK; where you can hunting down other party DPS to clear out their damage, and it would be more fun to fight for.

Third solution: Increase the world boss to ch 2 or ch 3, and make every world bosses to spawn at the same time; so that they need to sacrifice one or more boss to kill the particular one.

If you have better idea of the solution please feel free to share your thoughts.

If you guys still think that the debuff would solve the monopolization of the world boss. I am telling you guys. It is not. It would only make the game less fun, and later the game would die.

If you love this game, please help and make it better. Share it to your friends and discuss, then we can help IMC properly solve the issue.

Thank you

Take an already developed game’s idea and run with it because it actually works. You get special drops from monsters in different level ranges which you can trade into an NPC that allows entry into a boss fight. Even though it’s not original this system is like one of the smartest things I’ve seen as a solution to a similar problem.

Just give every party that takes part in dealing damage a cube.

World Bosses should be Saviors fighting together against the boss. But in reality it is Saviors fighting each other for the boss.

5 Likes

after this everything starts to turn into a rambling mess without coherent points.

every game dies eventually.

but it’s getting quite ridiculous how everyone is going around suggesting that every little change they personally don’t like is going to kill the game.

it’s really simple:

IF you get a cube from the boss: you can’t get another cube for 8 hours.
THEN: go do something else. that means the next 2-3 spawns will be left for other players.

2 Likes

if do so, the item would be over capacity, and the worthiness of item would be reduced.

Other players?? the next 2 parties who can take turn hunting boss?

There is no chance for more at all. It would be restricted to 4 parties eventually.

or some of the groups that spend all day tracking the bosses will simply get tired of having to wait 8 hours between hunts, and give up and go on to something else.

Doubt it. There were whole linkshells/guilds dedicated towards camping things in FFXI so I’m sure the discords, spreadsheets, and guilds will always keep things camped 24/7.

Boss loot distribution does not work like this.

No, becasue that will make people who love PVE lose the intention to do PVE. If you can’t sell stuff you hunted, what’s the point to hunt it? But I agree that some of the items, like cosmetics can made untradable.

No. This solution doesn’t do anything since if the party is more powerful than you in boss fight, it’s probably also more powerful than you in pvp fight.

[quote]
Third solution: Increase the world boss to ch 2 or ch 3, and make every world bosses to spawn at the same time; so that they need to sacrifice one or more boss to kill the particular one. [/quote]
Alternatively, they can make boss spawn every 2 hours, allowing more opportunities for players to hunt it.

Overall, I think 8 hr debuff is fine. I would suggest them to change the current loot distribution to award (A) all the members from the parties where top 6 most dmg players are in AND (B) the members from the parties that dealt most total party dmg. Party total dmg should be at least 5% of the boss HP.

In this way, always 6 parties are guaranteed to get a cube.

my solution: enable open PK within 5 screens of MVPs

other solution: make griefing possible by adding Pneuma and making safety zone protect MVPs

3 Likes

Making all drops account bind won’t solve it. there would be less reason for WB if you won’t gain anything from it to sell.

Nope. it’s gonna kill lowbies more, and will turn the map into massacre area. poor little guys doing quests.

i kinda get the point of you mentioning this. but i have a different version;

1. Boss spawn timer should not be fixed 4hours, but should play around 4hours to 4hours and 30mins~

2. Three Boss Spawn in random channel at the same time

3. World Boss as of current should be buffed by x10 of what we currently has ( to make my 4th point work)

4. Boss will be alive for 5mins, 3 teams who deals most damage gets the drop. after 5mins, killed or not, boss will disappear. whoever deals most damage will be calculated. and receive the drop (much like time attack)

5. Special reward (bonus reward) will be given to the team who deal most damage if the Boss is killed (not so special if i may)

as much as we want to remove monopolizing the World Bosses, i don’t like the idea of giving them penalties, that is just so wrong, Being strong doesn’t need to be punish. those are the forte of those players. what i think should be done is give others the chance to participate, and receive rewards. Denying people who dedicated hunting WB is just so wrong.

hope this adds to your list

True: Tree of restriction

Simple, play… get levels and actually make an equal strong party compete istead of wanting everything for free lol. Add this to random channel spawn(dont know if its already this way) and a random( let’s say +1 -1 hour respawn).

2 Likes

Simplest solution is a random boss timer (it should not be fixed 4 hours). Selling an item to the market has a random timer of 30 minutes to 2 hours before it appears on sale. So I’m sure then can make the world boss timer random.

Can anyone tell me how a random boss timer would not be beneficial to everyone?

I don’t see what’s wrong with the upcoming boss debuff.

Cerberus is not the only good boss? There are also 4 demon lords, and Elleganos, etc.

You only get to pick 1, per character, every 8 hrs. So it’s not easily possible to monopolize without losing out somewhere.

Ofcourse, more content is needed to justify limiting this content (pvp/gvg arena/etc), otherwise I really don’t see the issue.

2 Likes

Its one per account per 8hrs. You have to stay logged in for the debuff to decay unless they recently changed it.

just want to commend this phrase, i think this kind of thinking is what we need the devs to have

a better reward distribution for world bosses is what we need, but giving it to every damage dealer would indeed lower the value of the boss items

Solution 1: Everyone gets a cube but the chance to get a good item is actually lowered (Luck-Based)

Solution 2: Open PvP arena around bosses, last man standing wins the boss (Stregth-Based)

Solution 3: Gravity Pole crash everyone in the boss, nobody gets cubes anymore (Reality-Based)

You really have no idea?! I have a level 230 Warlock and i cant compete against a Warlock with better gear and every Passiv at 100! - He deals about 50%-70% more damage.

To compete with him, i need about 15-20 mio silver. And how do you get this much? Right, by killing world bosses…oh wait - i cant get loot cause i have a life and cant play 10h a day.

And there we are, to get a cube you need to beat there DPS, to beat there DPS you need MILLIONS of silver to get your passivs at max and the gear, to get silver you need to get cubes and so on…

Sorry for my bad english, but you CANT! compete cause they spend over 15 mio silver on gear and passivs. This system is just stupid, there is no way to beat them now.

1 Like