Tree of Savior Forum

What will happen if player don't back even after re-balance

It would still be the same in the future. This game is not meant for PVP. The bias and unbalanced will remain the same. Stat system is the major proof of that, it only widens the already existing disparity between classes. Itemization, unbalanced skills etc.

Better spend your time on a game with PVP oriented gameplay instead of this game. IMC cant even properly fix bugs and urgent bugs and expecting them to have a sense of balance. They only did “rebalance” for the sake of change not fixing the problem in order to satisfy those people clamoring of change.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, admit it that you actually loves PvP and wants PvP as your endgame, no? :grin:

*note this statement(or whatever subjective sentences you call it) CAN be changed after ALL those rebalances coming.

Then, like everyone said, PvP is not too friendly wise for this game unless you are joining team of clerics…
As for PvE, it’s… well the endgame content I see right now is Solmiki which is absurd atm unless you have high end gear with at least one or two meta build teams

You should play DN then if you like PvP.
In the end, I am afraid to say that it’s pointless to ask… People will keep playing if they deem so or just gone again after that… Very typical and common pattern.

3 Likes

I actually invited 3 of my office mates to try and play the game because of promised “re-balanced”. Then we saw the the actual “rebalanced” instantly compared TOS to DN.

I dont play DN so i asked how is pvp in there, they told me it was decent, some bugs here and there, nothing as disgusting TOS pvp balance. After that they dont play anymore, because it will only lead to frustrations probably. I think that would be the last time i would recommend this game to anyone I know personally.

1 Like

Yes, it’s decent. I also don’t play DN and know next to nothing but I watched my friend playing. It’s totally the opposite of that fast 1 hit KO… From what I can see are:

[details=open if you’re interested]

• No one skill shot
  • You have time to retaliate even if juggled
  • Class doesn’t matter. Sure it might put you on disadvantage but not overwhelming like any class vs healing factor or archers vs missile hole :joy:
  • You think you are dominating? well comeback exist for that game[/details]
    I’ll stop continue. This is ToS not DN but at least might be something inspirational for developer
1 Like

They balance both PVE and PVP separately. Skills were tone down in PVP to balance them. In here IMC buff skills with PVE in mind but forgot that those skills can be use in PVP too. Buffing stats so those classes can be viable in PVE but forgotten the PVP application.

Classes that are inherently powerful in here only gotten stronger because of rebalance.

TOS balancing team is sh1t tier. They needed to be changed because of repeated failing or they should have shame and resign like the previous chief executive of IMC.

1 Like

From what I remember, they did mentioned about rebalancing pvp in later date tho.

1 Like

The game shows its glaring flaws 30 seconds after you install the game.

At level 1 you are greeted with the worst keybinds known to man, unbindable mouse buttons and forced controller binds. 95% of gamers never use the arrow keys for anything yet it’s somehow the default in ToS. Then every AMD CPU user gets to watch their characters head spin like the exorcist a full year after launch. And these are just the issues before you kill your first monster…

1 Like

Arrow keys don’t bother me in a game without mouse movement if you need QWERASDF for hotkeys.

2 Likes

They should’ve made PVP equalized (gear, gems, headgear) from the start, like many games nowadays do.
Balancing skills will not be enough if lower ranks are matched with higher ones.

1 Like

from someone who actually played DN with some pvp included, i’m a bit disagreeing with this.

No one skill shot - yes, kind of true. however, i can use a class with two-trick combos to reduce a player’s hp by at least 40% (this was for a time when that certain class is OP). this requires setup, precision, and luck too. Also there are classes who can use zero to low cd skills, just spam. Well, imagine if the random team you’re facing has 2 or 3 of that same class. Trust me, it happens.

You have time to retaliate even if juggled - class dependent. some classes have more anti-juggle skills than the others. there are classes which have only one or two aerial evading skills. with this said, some combos can go and on while one is juggled - until your hp is zero.

Class doesn’t matter - i’m sure many will disagree with this. For a time, the top ladder players were ALL assassin classes, just like how clerics are dominating TBL. I’m not sure if you couldn’t call that overwhelming. DN doesn’t have missile hole but it has ankle shot and hurricane dance, the latter said to pierce through even invulnerability status.

comeback - not sure what this one means

However, it is quite true that TOS can learn something from DN’s pvp, which are, IMO:

comp on and comp off - the former means gears doesn’t matter, the latter means gears are accounted for. in comp off you’ll see people who can one shot you, and people you probably won’t be able to kill due to sheer hp/def/mdef

“room” type of pvp - in DN there are premade rooms, and players can make and customize their rooms as well. premade ones are mostly random maps, while player made can choose maps in which they can have an advantage. the good thing is that the room can start as soon as there are at least 2 players, no need to wait for others, but the room can still be open for future players until the maximum amount is reached.

skill board damages and cooldowns - are modified in PVP in DN. Most skills have longer cd, and they are mostly on CD at the start of the match.

it’s also good to note that the ladder, makes use of a modified comp off system, meaning gears matter, but so does skill. but sometimes you’ll just be so unlucky to face either a veteran or a class that totally owns you (like rock paper scissors)

2 Likes

I like how you ignore the fact IMC is going to have a separate re-balance for PvP. These are the type of people we need to ignore on the forums who don’t know what they are talking about.

I didnt ignored them if you can read carefully. Pretty sure i made my stance clear that it wont matter. Whats your IGN btw? so we could know if you yourself know what youre talking about. Pretty sure youre going to ignore it, because you probably dont wanna expose your lack of credibility.

Unfortunately the UI for changing controller bindings is unfinished >.<

You can change controller binds, you can even add new hotkeys with the hotkey_joystick.xml.

I use this to have chat macros on my controller for easy usage:

<HotKey ID="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_7" Name="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_7" DownScp="EXEC_CHATMACRO(7)" UpScp="None" Key="JOY_BTN_11" PressedKey="JOY_BTN_5" UseShift="NO" UseAlt="NO" UseCtrl="NO" OnEdit="NO" Category="Basic"/>
	<HotKey ID="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_8" Name="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_8" DownScp="EXEC_CHATMACRO(8)" UpScp="None" Key="JOY_BTN_11" PressedKey="JOY_BTN_7" UseShift="NO" UseAlt="NO" UseCtrl="NO" OnEdit="NO" Category="Basic"/>
	<HotKey ID="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_9" Name="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_9" DownScp="EXEC_CHATMACRO(9)" UpScp="None" Key="JOY_BTN_11" PressedKey="JOY_BTN_6" UseShift="NO" UseAlt="NO" UseCtrl="NO" OnEdit="NO" Category="Basic"/>
	<HotKey ID="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_10" Name="JOY_CHAT_MACRO_10" DownScp="EXEC_CHATMACRO(10)" UpScp="None" Key="JOY_BTN_11" PressedKey="JOY_BTN_8" UseShift="NO" UseAlt="NO" UseCtrl="NO" OnEdit="NO" Category="Basic"/>

Note: This is L1,R1,L2,R2 + the Playstation button (on center) of PS 3 controller [JOY_BTN_11].

1 Like

PVP had fixed gears during release but the idea was discarded right after the complaints of ‘BUT I WANNA USE MUH GEARS’ were raised, it is now what it is.

7 Likes

You seem fairly clueless. Most people that left never reached Saalus The overwhelming majority. Like, almost 99%. Check the playtime stats.

Clueless. What you describe is pvp.

Then why are you crying here about something you dont even know?

1 Like

maybe a few population rise but not like before with 50k players,

There is no point in pvp and gvg by this point because bots raised 1 billion silver each and IMC refuses to deal with them. Their owners will have twice the hp, twice the defence and 3 times the damage because of ridiculously high cap on transcendence and no effective cap on enhancement. So umm no, I see no point in getting back into this pit.

3 Likes

Did you miss the daily ban list that includes both bots and players?

There aren’t any players that are operating bots. Those that do have long since been slapped with bans. The only longterm operators of bots are websites. Actual players have earned their gear through hardcore effort or RMT, not through having a secretly operated horde of bots that are somehow magically untraceable via trades when every other player that has tried that has ended up banned.

If you think individual players have got their gear illegitimately - report them to IMC. If they have, it’s easy to trace and ban. If they do not get banned, maybe, just maybe they actually aren’t operating bots and worked very hard.

2 Likes

Nice joke mate.
I think it’s you who misses something.

4 Likes

Explain and justify your point then. Or accept that you can not. Don’t dodge it with a non-response.