Tree of Savior Forum

What is your reason to play ToS?

Because non-WoW Clone MMOs are rare now.

13 Likes

Other. Currently not playing, just lurking hoping it will become worth my time, or if it kills itself before actually fixing things ill just move on.

6 Likes

bcs tos is as drug

4 Likes

Came for the promise of old school RPG I also love Isometric games so it was 2-in-1 to hook me in, got IMC´ed by Mr Kim, I still play tho, still hoping that they will put the game in the original track.

7 Likes

I don’t know. If I stop to think about it, I will propably quit. lol

1 Like

Like Lostac said, ToS has the merit to be one of the last type of game like it is. The core concept of the game is strong, really, nowadays every new produced MMO is a custom version of WoW, some realistic, some anime style, but they mostly all look the same.
Ask to someone who don’t play any of these games what is the difference between Aion, Tera, Revelation, Aura Kingdom, Twin Saga.
In my case, I know if I didn’t play them, I would say none.
They all have their differences, of course, but you have to play to notice them.

I encourage the creativity (even though heavily inspired by RO), but I do not encourage IMC’s behavior, and even less encouraging players to support them until they show us that they do care, like our lord Mr. Kim did few months ago.
His speech and text seemed truthful, but had no follow-up, ending in it being just plain words to appease and give hope to the community, temporarily.

Just in case, for the ones who didn’t see it :
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/i-love-tree-of-savior-i-am-leaving-tree-of-savior/275395/107

8 Likes

I agree with this. I’ve never seen any other isometrics MMO other than this, RO, or Wakfu. I do know the game is broken here and there, contents enforcing certain meta, class balance are out of whack (well, I don’t know about this. Seems a few classes got the short end of the stick but all four trees are largely playable).

But there’s still a small and stupid part of me that just won’t let go. I mean look at it, this game is THE spiritual successor of RO (which is odd since that game isn’t quite dead yet lol). We might be seeing the projection of the near future where full contents are released and all bugs are taken care of. When that moment comes, I’ll be right here watching ToS takes off in all its glory.

1 Like

that’s it, I really hate and love this game at the same time.

1 Like

Because Legend of Mana is in my top 10 favorite games ever made.

3 Likes

Of course Melons.
To witness how IMC TOS ends . “LUL”.

1 Like

Yup, pretty much this.

Otherwise I would be playing FFXIV instead. (yes the reborn made it into a wow clone)

I also like the art design in TOS though.

You forgot to add PANTSU shots.
There’s a whole thread dedicated to it.

8 Likes

We love TOS and hate IMC

3 Likes

No pantsu option??? Disappointed.

Even im still playing, but im not motivated to buy TP.

Well, im from era of ICQ, IRC or RO beta, the era of blooming internet social where peoples are sincere.
Its the nostalgia and time I missed the most.
This is what made RO success in crowded and dynamic nations like china/brazil/indonesia (emoticons, vending character and headgears further enhanced the humanitarian interactions, in fact ToS is good to take it next level but cashmilking it with new emoticons and token require, this is bad, and enchant headgear scroll ruined the character customizing in character presentation, hope they can do with alchemist to transfer stats) and the unspeakable nostalgia, and also what bot and cashmilking game design has ruined.

This game still have the spirit of mmorpg if you know icq, irc, messenger, friendster, etc and meeting peoples with sincere, there are still peoples like me.
I think this is most important aspect for me, the rest gaming aspects, singleplayer game or moba can satisfy me.

2 Likes

I’m an old player that takes major breaks from game every now and then when I first started playing in obt it was fun and lots of bugs then cbt came and there are still bugs all around you then I stopped for 2 months played 1 month stopped for another 6 months and there are some major and minor improvements but some bugs in cbt are still in game. If you’re aiming for a competitive game play in ToS good luck to you if you’re not gonna whale your toon it will be like climbing a mountain while naked, but if you’re aiming for a fun casual team play then you will still enjoy it. now that the boring people stopped reading this you will enjoy the sight of big boobie Goddesses and that’s the reason I still play. pls do recommend a good he.ntai to watch cause the maintenance takes forever would really appreciate it. thanks

1 Like

Plz tell me which class and costume is on that picture me need pantsu =D

1 Like

meh! just get the Pantsu Add-on, it changes the camera so you can see the perfect view and has an option to turn costume transparent…

^ That was a lie, but I bet in the future it might become a truth :imp:

Needs a pantsu, treeofforum, and hue option. Otherwise poll is 8/8.

Mostly Nostalgia because of all my years of Ragnarok Online. But I also truly enjoy Tree of Savior for what it is, shortcomings and all. :flushed: