Tree of Savior Forum

What is the new meta-wizz dps for ET after balance

There are few builds I think they are good

Wiz1Pyro2Thaum3Warlock2

• Double Flameground and PoleOfAgony, pyro solved the sustain damage while warlock for the high output blast.

Wiz1Pyro3Thaum3Enchanter1

• Basically a Dagger wizard or a Power Staff Wizard, you can put x8 Ellaganos Card if using dagger for attack speed. Else Moa Card for more INT / power staff user

Wiz1Cryo3ElementalistRC1

• FrostPillar > FrostCloud > IceBlast > FreezingSphere a elementalist that not emphasize on casting spells.

Wiz1Cryo3Sorc2Necro1RC1

• A wizard version of druid3

Wouldnt Ele3 be better than Thaum3 then for damage?

Wouldnt Chrono3 be better than Thaum3?

So why take Runecaster if you focus on not casting spells? All Runecaster spells have obscene cast time and you dont have access to Quickcast?

1. There is a factor called ‘Gameplay Efficiency’, if you take Elementalist it would be too many skills to cast/cycle and even attribute $$$ to raise. Pyro is already a fast cooldown, that’s why Pyro is not good to mix with Elementalist and that’s why Wiz3Elem3Warlock2 still a popular choice. The core play is to double cast Flameground/PoleOfAgony with maximum Matk from thaum.
    It is like Highlander3Dopple3 as well, to many skills to focus and rotate. So it is better to spare out some skills for self-buff skills.

*If any build or class which can dish a OP damage in single click, definitely it going to be meta.

1. Pyro3Chrono3Enchanter1 of course is a traditional choice, but since DEX is already increase attack speed and how attack speed is limited by Ping. So Chrono’s buff actually devalued as well, while Thaum’s Buff is uplifted because the Atk/Matk is not only flat damage increase but as well as atk/def ratio which give a small % of overall damage increased. And, Thaumaturge’s INT synergy with Enchant Fire and Enchant Lightning as well to maximize the output value of every hit.

2. As (1) mentioned, a good build is good passive skill synergy with good offensive skills,
    you take runecaster for Rune of Ice / Giant / Protection, FrostCloud + IceBlast + Freezing Sphere + Prominence could finish off a pack of mobs. Cast hail/electrocute/meteor if needed or when you are in party. Rune of Ice is basically for IceBlast and Freezing Sphere.

Would a W1-Pyro3-Link3-Sage still be viable for lategame or the damage will be lacking because of the new patch

It still very viable, but now the core will be Joint Penalty + FirePillar, when you locked down pack of monsters for 8.8s, immediate cast flameground/firewalls/flare, and then finally Microdimension/Macrodimension/Hellbreath if still have time. If in dangerous just cast Blink to move out of situation.

Just not cheesy combo of fireballs + joint penalty anymore, or duplicate fireballs anymore.
The new gameplay need more moves. And you also can replace Sage with Enchanter or replace Linker3 with Cryo3

I think Pyro3Cryo3Sage also a great build where you can lock down pack of monster for very long time like 15-20s.

If you mean in term of viable they can solo most things, do well role in ET (hybrid support + partial DPS), yes they are. Cryo3Chrono3Sage1 and Wiz3Elem3Warlock2 are so popular because they are very mono-direction and easy to play, but it doesn’t mean they are the best, if you are smart/agile player there are many mechanics/synergy you can utilize them with maximum potential.

thats now, but tomorrow the skills only will get more % of damage and its not tomuch compared to WL1 also the wizz atribute will be deleted

Totally agree with this comment I laughed so hard, but yeah is true about that popular build because are really focus on a fast action but any fun playing with it, for that I have to try my 3 builds wiz2-cryo-kino-rc-ele3, Cryo3-Ele3-RC and cryo-linker-ele3-ff2.

again thats now, but tomorrow the skills of elememe will be the only who have an over power base damage. like hail ( it will be 500% at full lvl for 20 sec => will deal some like 10.000% of you base damagee untill they full duration) or maistema (base damage like 1000%) dont care if u have hands or not that class will be the top dps becaus theyr was implemented like that and the others not.

1.) Nope you understand this wrong. Cryomancer has decent damage now since ice blast has 717% at level 15 and can be used with frost pillar to kill many mobs and ice wall for bosses. With pass you can use it very often so it will be fairly easy to solo starting from tomorrow if you invest in int of course. Sage skills will have decent % damage too (for example micro dimension has 1018% at lvl 1) but those can’t be used against flying monsters.

Considering Cryo/Chrono/Sage, do you think it will really worth invest in INT now? Stats in the new damage formula aren’t so important, but weapons are. Since the build is support oriented I still don’t see viability to sacrifice points in INT. Sure, I’ll test it but I think isn’t interesting changing your survivability to add so little in damage.

Isnt it possible to Math out which build does the most dps? Im surprised the Koreans havent.

I was under the impression stats became more important? But maybe I misread the post

What about Cryo’s AoE? Did Ice spike get a good buff too? I guess Cryo doing great dmg might explain why its the number 1 build among all classes.

Sure stats became more important than before but not so that important compared to weapon contribution:

Weapon is 60% ~ 70% of the damage in influence at skill attack.

And what’s the point of being a hp sponge if you can’t kill well? Yes it’s support but with new update it is also a decent dps too. If you kill fast you don’t need to have so much hp. Also you have to include that mobs are reworked too. They won’t be that hard and their hp probably will be smaller too if I’m correct. Also you have missile hole and subzero shield not to mention of cryo bonus for mdef with shields so your survability is still good. Plus we can increase hp from enchants or cards anyway. Other dps can have little hp so why cryo can’t as well? In my opinion it is worth to invest in int but maybe I’m wrong? We’ll have time to test anyway. I’ll personally invest only 100 points in con since I think that 20k hp is enough and rest in int.

@matt61192 AoE is ice blast with frost pillar combo. You can attack 8 mobs with it. Ice wall was nerfed so it only will attack one monster one time so it’s probably only uselful for bosses. As for ice pike it’s one point wonder since it has 115% at lvl 1 and only 203 % at level 15, but it has 3 overheat and can attack 6 times so we will probably use it often but it’s still worth only 1 point in my opinion.

So how would you assign the 45 skill points that Cryo3 gets ?

Here is my build: https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#21333888e.253555.1121374f5a617585.1f2135485a6175.1131445485
You may wan’t to trade 2 points from ice wall for lesser casting time in ice bolt if you want or give up on subzero shield for max ice wall if you have monk friend for example and do not care that much for survability.

It looks more or less the same to me. Before, Stats were worth roughly 1/3 of the weapon. After it is also worth 1/3 weapon. If anything Both graphs are more or less the same except skill is no longer present in the new Graph. Not sure what skill is suppose to be either.

Rune Caster still offers 2 offensive skills with good aoe. Rune of Destruction and Rune of justice. Both over 1000% MATK at lvl 5. You can also go for supportive skills then.Being Wiz3 you have quick cast so those runes just come out really fast.

4 seconds without quick cast and 2 seconds with its, this make my decision so hard :confused:

Does Icebolt do good damage? or is it only for freezing for Iceblast?

Ya I dont think dropping Subzero shield for maxing Icewall is worth it too

You can see it yourself if you move your cursor at the icon. It has only 106% at lvl 1 and 187% at lvl 15 so it’s 1 point wonder as ice pike. As for freezing for ice blast all you need is frost pillar. Ice bolt is more like for emergency purposes like someone has very little hp and you need to stop mobs someway.