Tree of Savior Forum

What is something you liked in other MMOs that you'd like to see in ToS?

I’d like to see some less direct forms of pvp.

Maplestory’s Monster Carnival; kill more enemies than the opposing team, summon tougher monsters for the enemy to fight, buff them, and debuff the enemy team to get ahead.

Aion’s Dredgions; a 5v5 dungeon run where teams race to complete a dungeon. Teams are also able to break into their opponents’ side to kill them and set them back. Winner is determined by who is able to defeat the final boss first, or whichever team has more kills by the end of the timer

2 Likes

Capture the flag! In some maze like pvp map!

2 Likes

Recount Add-on.

Would be nice know if your party members are really trying to help the group or just using AA while watch TV.

A decent Crafting system.

3 Likes

mmm… character size and age difference look… :blush:

3 Likes

Facial hair.

11 Likes

The farming suggestion is something I would absolutely love in a game like ToS.I would also want to do this a lot of the time [also a big HM fan].

If they added in a housing system,I’d be golden.

2 Likes

Can we have Fishing? I love to waste precious hours, idly staring at my screen, waiting for something to pull the line, just to find out tis a herring or a sprat. .__.

8 Likes
  • Best field boss mechanics, visuals, history and dificulty ( - HP + MECHANICS ) plsssssssss

• Random spawn of monster and bosses

• Diferent monsters and terryfying. Stop keep repeating the same!

• More likely to die to level up in the game

Only these changes and to me the game would be perfect and would be the best game I’ve ever played

Ah,so many times I cursed at my game for giving me yet another crawfish…:grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I want stuff like fishing, cooking, mining, what have you and have them all be intricately tied into the game. Do you think the devs want to implement something similar in the future?

1 Like

The forum staff seems to be more reactive and favorable when we talk about things in the lines of social interaction and fun things to do in-game, over mechanics and core changes.

Do they want to implement things similar to? Idk. Do I want em to implement such things? Hell fukking yeah.

2 Likes

Giant sized boss. I’m not entirely sure if they have that in the game since I can’t find it. There was one MMO that have a giant boss (takes up 2 screens) but only the upper body though. Having one is great, that feelings you get when you play Shadow of Colossus.

I love fishing, be it IRL or in games.
The tranquility of waiting for the fish to bite the bait, and the thrill of actually getting a huge random catch is amazing.

Some games don’t really put that much effort into fishing:
“Press ‘X’ to start, and press ‘X’ again to retrieve the catch right after the fish bites.” -Trove
(Yet i love that game, it has the best sandbox experience without falling into p2w.)

The game on which i had the most fun while fishing.
In Lineage 2 you had four skills required for fishing: Reel, Pump, Fishing Expertice, and well, Fishing (throwing the rod/pole).

After getting a bite, you press the Fishing skill, and the game starts.

You had to keep and eye on the movements of the fish, using the right skill at the right time. By succeeding at this, “the fish’s health” would decrease, and while failing you would “heal the fish”.
(It’s not actually health, but I can’t find the right words in english.)

Little extra challenge
Sometimes, the game would mix up the things, meaning that you’d have to pump instead of reel and vice versa.
All this in a time limit of 60 seconds (or so, i don’t remember that well), after that the fish would escape.

Rewards
After fully decreasing the “HP of the fish”, you had a chance to capture certain type of fish with a certain size, a treasure box, or spawn a sea monster, which had pretty unique drops (high tier fishing poles, bait, or crafting materials.)
Every week there was this automatic tournament on which the biggest fishes would earn the fisher some money for their feats.

The reasons to fish weren’t only having some fun or making a little bit of profit.
The fishes could be used to get materials, needed to craft vanity items like hats, masks, and even some dyes and potions.
Also, the crafting materials could be exchanged to the fishing NPC for tickets called Proof of Catching a Fish, with enough tickets you could increase the limit of your inventory/warehouse/trade/selling/buying slots.

Stuff the game didn’t tell you

• After fishing a long time at the same spot, the fishes would start to eat the bait without even giving you a chance to catch them, making you lose the money you invested on the baits.
    To solve this, you had to go find a different spot.
  • Fishing at night required special illuminated bait, and it had different rewards.
  • You could fish nearly on any body of water, anywhere.

I’m not saying that Lineage 2 had the best fishing experience, it was just well elaborated, and i loved it.

(BTW, i just checked, the game changed a lot on the last 7 years, lol)

TL;DR
So yeah, fishing in that game was kind of great, it had some difficulty on it, a bit of a learning curve, and quite a nice range of rewards:

• Vanity items (hats, masks, dyes) for the lolz.
  • Potions to ease the grind.
  • Different kinds of inventory expansions for the endgame people who always wanted to max out their efficiency by having different kind of situational items at reach.

ACTUAL TL;DR
Fishing.

1 Like

We seriously need mounts and mailboxes. That’s like the essence of many mmo games.

1 Like

Life Skills.

The prerequisite questions I always ask before I play an MMO is:
What is there to do besides fight?
Can I be successful if I don’t kill anything?

This game looks as if it could be an Atelier game, where you spend 10 days brewing potions, cooking meat, sewing clothes, etc.

I want to BE the general store.

2 Likes

Which is understandable. Redoing any core mechanics will take forever but quality-of-life updates are something that SHOULD be done regularly IMO.

Fingers Crossed.

Outfit/Costume Wardrobe + Collectible non-cash costumes. (GW2)
At least the Wardrobe so I don’t have to carry all my stuff around or worry about vault space with my collection.

So, with fishing, cooking, brewing, sewing, etc, a profession system would be nice.
Other MMOs tend to have that system, WoW has a nice system like that, i think it’s very likely it will be implemented.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes