Tree of Savior Forum

What Hackapell need to be relevant?

Now that Rebuild is here for about a month. The new comer into the swordsman tree, Hackapell have claim the title of the worst class as much i can tell.
Its still fun to play, but it lacks things to compete with other classes.
So i m making a voting to know what you guys think i can be changed to make hackapell more balanced.

What you think hackapell needs to make it good?

• More damage on his skills.
  • A way to evade cc barrages.
  • More mobility.
  • A way to aggro mobs.
  • Some kind of cc.
  • More synergy with other classes.

0 voters

Actually, either damage or sinergy would do. Would have wanted both if possible.

i should have made possible up to 2 options :sad:

Hacka’s kit currently has no identification. Most of his skills currently are lean toward damage so we would assume that he’s a DPS with higher mobility. So raising the Skill Factors to be competitive with other DPS would be a start. But yes, raising the damage plus more compatibility with other classes will be even more ideal and add more attractives to the class.

KTOS already updated so Templar’s house skills can be use while mounted. But it would be nice that Hacka’s skills can also be used while riding a horse and make mortal slash relative to attack speed.

• More damage
  • +1 OH to Cavalry Charge
  • Reduce staggering effect after casting: Skarp, Storm Bolt, Helm Chopper
  • More synergy with shield user classes
  • More synergy with sword user classes (like with Barb, have more Barb skills available to be used while mounted)
5 Likes

The damage is a thing to be look for, because i m getting 12k physical attack using one handed sword (velcoffer), and on tbl i was hitting like 50 every skill hit on other swordsmans and about 800 on other classes… even peltasta skills where doing more total damage with its skills.

With numbers(No passives):
Skarphuggning
On Max level (15): 127% x 4 = 508%
OverHeats: 5
Storm Bolt
On Max level (15): 184% x 3 = 552%
OverHeats: 1
Cavalry Charge
On Max level (15):649%
OverHeats: 1
Helm Chopper
On Max level (15):264% x 2 = 528%
OverHeats: 3
Hakka Palle
On Max level (10):
Attack Speed: +500
Duration: 30 seconds
Grind Cutter
On Max level (10): 113% x 5 = 565%
OverHeats: 3
Infinite Assault
On Max level (5): 399% x 2 = 798%
OverHeats: 2

For a class that uses mainly one handed sword these damages are pretty low.
The things i feel brings the class down are:

• Having a defence buff for 5s every 20s dont make the class tank.
  • Low damage even for fast casting skills don’t make it a dps class.
  • On pvp it don’t help with anything because you have to be able to walk to do anything, so it lacks on identity of a mobile cavalry.
  • Small dash every 20s don’t help either.

Changes that i think would help:
1- Either Reducing Calvary Charge cooldown or giving it a overhit, for more mobility.
2- around 10% to 30% overhall damage output on its skills.
3- Some way to resist/evade crowd control(Hakka Palle Works only like a Pain Barrier).
4- if any skill was affected by attack speed it would make some difference on damage too.

If you have any more idea of possible changes feel free to share. Keep in mind things that IMC can implement inside the actual game.
They kinda like suggestions that tells the answer the same time.

1 Like

Allow more swordsman skill to be able to use on mount and reduce the weapon restriction in certain skill will be a good start

Undo the mistake of not moving it to the Scout tree.

1 Like

I second that,
Hacka + SR is a natural synergy, all damage, including hacka skills based on the secondary weapon of course.

2 Likes

Hakkapelle skills should be an ASPD skill. Make Barbarian Cleave not dismount.

Delete Hacka and make a Knigth class

I actually agree with that so much. By the way, other than Hackapell and Templar, i would like some minor changes in other classes as well.

Which swordsman’s classes do you guys think have a need for some minor buffs?

well, for other classes i think its better to do on another topic.

In my opinion the biggest problem with Hacka now is the lack of dps. Looking at how it was on the archer tree, it was the only class that used sword and had almost no synergy with other archer classes, but some people still played the class because it had good damage. There were even some players who were Hacka mains.

Now it uses main hand sword just like many classes in the swordie tree, but almost no one plays and/or mains it because its damage just cant compare to other classes. It’s attacks are too slow and have too many overheats for the amount of damage they deal. (To be fair, skarp and grind cutter getting attack speed scaling should help with this)

I would not be against it getting more synergies with other classes though. Most classes that can work with Hacka have too many overheats, and since hacka itself has a lot of them, you end up with too many skills to spam. Having synergy with less spammable classes would be a good thing imo.

I would not be against Hacka being a scout class either. I bet something like Hacka-SR-Outlaw would be fun to play.

I made a Pelt-High-Hacka after rebuild, and while its fun to play, it just cant compare to other swordies, it has too many skills with low % and low cooldown. I wanted to make Pelt-Barb-Hacka instead, but Seism and Cleave not being usable with mount made me go HL instead.

1 Like

I’m Hacka main LMAO.

It sucks because I rely on Rod for damage but I am hoping they fix it so it can be at least close to the old Hacka damage. I love the high mobility, and I already invested a lot of money for a 1h Sword for this class out of excitement… :tired:

1 Like

If only hackpell skilsl worked on templars horse :confused:

1 Like

Right. Thats all it needs. Horse synergy and full on Barb synergy and a boost to damage.

Let me just . …

@STAFF_Bob @STAFF_Amy

1 Like