Tree of Savior Forum

What do you think is the future of this game?

No this is not a troll post.

Its just that seeing as how the R8 news has brought some veteran saviors back into the action and generated some new saviors as well.
And with some of the recent KR updates fixing a lot of the issues that made people leave in the first place, I’m starting to see a very small amount of the player base come back, a little bit at a time.

I mean a few months ago there were a few KR streamers that i watched delete all their characters on stream and say that they were quitting TOS.
And recently I found out that all but one of them has returned to TOS.

Even a few people who used very active users on the forums have been longing back into the game.

A few of them don’t want people to start telling others that they started longing into TOS again because some say that they aren’t sure if they want to stay.
And others simply said that they don’t want to be apart of the forum community anymore…
So I wont name any of them…
But rest assured that SOME of the veterans ARE indeed back!

(But if you didn’t have them added as a friend in game you probably wont be seeing them…)

But For me lately I’ve started to feeling like this game could pull an "Elsword"
If any of you were around when it launched in the US, it suffered a similar fate as TOS (perhaps it maybe was not as drastic as TOS though…)
But after like a year and a half or more(?) the game started booming with a smaller but kinda large community for the type of game that it is.
And it kept on growing until very recently, since they keep changing all he character’s like every other week now…

And noticing all this got me curious so i wanted to get everyone’s opinions on what they think is the future of this game?

Do you think its actually as doomed as others claim?
Do you think IMC will manage to bring in enough players to support the game?
Maybe you think it will get back to how it was during the CBT days?
Ect~

Let me know what you think will happen!

3 Likes

TOS will be fine, if it survive the first 2years.

meh

2 Likes

KToS & r8 is the reason I returned and joined the forum, yes.

2 Likes

No, game isnt doomed, IMC isnt doomed. Game sure has issues, but it’s far from doomed.

It’ll be a niche f2p MMORPG for probably at least another half decade. They will eventually have to merge all the regional servers though, if the NA servers continue to drop.

Japan TOS is doing real well as far as I can tell. Many MMORPG players and media sources are saying it’s near the top if not the top f2p MMORPG there, which blows my mind.

I dont think IMC will attempt to remarket the game though. The players we have are the players we have. But eventually the regional servers will be merged.

5 Likes

Its true, though.
I remember being in Middle School when it first launched in the US
And after like the first 2 months that game was DEAD as f**k. lol

But go back to before they started revamping the entire game and it had a HUGE community then.

1 Like

Off topic: I had great fun during Elsword! I quit after Henir space time got me banned though. Did not stick around to experience elesis & ara Haan.

ToS is doing OK in Korea and very well in Japan. Likely their servers will be most profitable. Their servers are very stable too.

Thanks xechid. I meant I decided to join iToS forum too (was not gone).

2 Likes

Btw, Welcome back Savior!

I have full faith in this game
It has his issues but it s not like that doesnt happen else where. The game is unique, fun and Wonderfull
Step by step TOS will be greater, the staff needs to continue their effort and bring new content, that will bring more people :slight_smile:

I can easily say afterward you were banned you escaped horse ■■■■. Nowadays it’s pretty unenjoyable because of just how overtuned Ara and Add became, accurately because KoG uses them for more money. Ara’s their main covergirl I’d say. Generally I’ve also seen the population drop moreso lately than before.

In any case, iToS future?

• It’ll probably live, barely, but moreso carried by Korea and maaaybe Japan if they aren’t put on tilt in the next few months. They sort of killed the reputation they had internationally, as far as rageful Steam reviews go.

• After update after update, more and more bugs will eventually be fixed. IMC’s iToS division is incredibly slow, but they do patch things slowly. That is to say more will pop up, but the ratio should go down.

• Community will stay niche, but may gradually improve as the game improves itself and restrictions eventually get repealed.

• Bots will never be fully managed, but the community will probably make enough Silver to not have to Gold Buy.

• Items will go on a drought due to laziness for awhile, but may improve with more community.

1 Like

Well basically if you want to continue playing, just play without pressure. Don’t aim for amazing builds and such that can torture you, spend cash wisely, etc.

I’m not blaming the quitters but I can see whoever quitting the game:

• Invested $$$ for cash (and mostly by doing silent RMT) only to see they are not meet their expectations…
  • Copy paste meta builds only to get trolled. Meta builds can only works for specific field or need specific setup (I’ve seen ET build enter PvP and one shotted? Cool story bro). Jack all trades exist for a reason…
  • Begging class resets and no result. I’m not against this really but if nothing happened then just wait or just play other characters.
  • Crying bots while you can farm silver more than bots do…

Probably Excrulon is the only player who can describe the legit reason to not play the game. In other side, IMC also needs to see to keep the game alive. Why RO can still alive when bunch of privates and games booming? What ToS doesn’t have with its rival? Why party-ing in ToS is hard when it has more players? That’s the only problem when I still play this game…

1 Like

well, sometimes i have to agree with this creature of the Hue
if TOS manage to survive the first 2 years it probably will be good enough to keep going and can end up big (after some more years or some big patches + marketing)

1 Like

Should keep eye for TOS just one year first and we can predict more. but in these past months, I’ll say the biggest issure and worst are bugs(they are everywhere!), FPS drops and bots

But looking with reports from players and patch from devs, it DOES improve albeit slowly. And hey, it’s better than none you see and I know that everything goes to devs)

so overall, yes it still has hope. Just keep monitoring community and you can guess from there

off topic, I do read this hue trend and I can’t say disagree with everything he said though as those are facts.:slight_smile:

Here’s my opinion of the game. Been playing since Early Access day 1 till date.

If you were to compare it when we launched, it was downright bad. Sure the numbers have dwindled but the game has improved since the first day. While communication remains a big issue between IMC and the community, nevertheless an ongoing maintenance that fixes one thing rather than nothing is generally still an improvement.

With that in mind, as long as there are constant bug fixes, I’m content with that. We will also most likely merge with kTOS’ patch sooner or later. Therefore I’m guessing it just takes a bit of time before we eventually get all the fixes that have been applied there.

While exploits run rampant within the game and mostly nothing is done so far, I’ll leave that exploit to IMC to resolve if they ever will. For now, I’m still having fun socializing with people and thats the main point for me playing this game. PvP and GvG might not be the best in its form now, but nothing tops having laughter and socializing with everyone in the game.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

2 Likes

i posted

wink

i mean, hue!

1 Like

include me in it, thread with great huential

huehuehue

R8 has brought back some saviours?
By some, do you mean just a small handful out of the 40k slaviours who left in the May Exodus?

The server, I think, has stabilised with a happily running bot population, AFK farmers, exploiters, casuals, remaining dedicated invested players and leftover trolls.

Who knows what the future of the game is?
I’m like 99.999% sure I won’t be in it, but hey there’s that 0.001% chance I’ll stick around for Laima knows why.

/huehuehue!

I was gonna say…where’s the poll?