Tree of Savior Forum

What are your concerns regarding ToS?

Well you CANT reach end game as they haven’t event implemented all the lvls yet, what we see is more like mid game.

Aside from technical issues, my major concerns would be all about how the cash shop gets implemented and how it interferes with the rest of the game.
Aside from P2W issues, what i noticed in other games was how the cash shop ended up being more and more the focus of the developers, even ending up with paid expansions that introduced new mechanics just to make new cosmetic items to sell along (and despite being a paid expansion, they made sure there was no skin for such mechanic available ingame at launch and for several months thereafter; and even now the only way to get one ingame is to grind pvp activities for months).

I’m most worried about whiny players complaining about their ‘concerns’ so much that it deters themselves and others to just play the game.

I don’t want my friends to quit.

Being released is my first

##and only

concern right now.

I mean… Can’t worry about anything else when I’m not even playing.

1 Like

Future development direction.

Lack of communication between the international playerbase and the devs due to language barriers.

-Game performance, no wars if that gets overlooked

-Too much drama, forums look worse at a daily basis

many concerns listed in the above posts are actually what’s happening in KTOS…

so for me, the biggest concern is that the game staying the same way as the current KTOS and not going to get imrpoved

I’m not worried about their payment model because I trust it’ll be something I can still work with.

I’m not worried about when the game is released because I know it will be released.

What worries me is, as OP said, having my build be made irrelevant due to later changes. Whether it is a revamp of a class, adding or subtracting effective synergies, or just adding new classes post-release… a lot stands to make a character with thousands of hours invested mean jack-all. I hope they allow a one-time class change option on a character if they make any changes that are immense.

But I also worry about constant re-statting and re-skilling that a lot of mmo’s find acceptable, especially if this is a cash-shop option we find. I have my roots sunk deep into the D2 philosophy of if you put one point out of place you’re screwed and should re-roll. I like that sense of permanency. It prevents the “flavor of the week” syndrome and people re-speccing for PvP or PvE, or even certain bosses. Respecs should be available if someone makes a mistake as a one-time-deal, or if they make big changes to your trees, and even class changes should be an option if they overhaul your entire class later into something different or if they add a new R7 class right after you just chose your R7 earlier that week. But I really don’t want to see post-release changes that lock your character into something that is later made stale by them re-working the systems in place.

I don’t care if they don’t release for months and months, so long as what I play won’t be changing every other week and eventually make my character build trash later.

1 Like

If we turn to the experience of RO, where that sort of situation was not uncommon, then revamp or really huge rebalance or skills mechanic changes happens there is allways an opportunity to reset skill and/or stat build. So that shouldn’t worry a lot if you keep in mind that if something are op imbalanced, that will be nerfed to a balanced state sooner or later, and such rebalance can happen without any resets.

1: EU ping.
2: EU ping.
3: EU ping.

4 Likes
  • Future classes added in later ranks or new hidden classes making old builds not as good and making players feel that they need to reroll.

• Guild wars ruined by lag.

• Pay to win wrecking the game.

• Exploits by players wrecking the game.

• one build in each class being the one that everybody picks because it outshines the rest and ruins the diversity.

1 Like

No trade
No item transfer through account (+potential loss)
No buy-in shops
Ping
BOTS + Gold Sellers
No end-game war
P2W cash shop

1 Like

Optimization. I was rockin’ 30 FPS on low-spec mode in CBT.

1 Like

wait so is VIP status for international release confirmed?
last i checked IMC did’nt want to implement that in the first place

no one knows yet.

/20chars

It’s not confirmed. I think this topic reflects concerns not only about what we already know is gonna be in the game, but also about what might happen.

1 Like

As someone who played Ragnarok Online for years I very much fear the pay to win. The Kafra shop on Ragnarok started out relatively benign but became full of items that did things if you upgraded them to +9. Items had a chance of breaking after +4 unless you payed to win an item that stoped it from breaking plus you could use a pay to win item to have it have less of a chance of failing. So you had your pay to win item that you had to pay to win to stop it from breaking while using your pay to win item to increase the chance of success. Then on top of all that the items came from a pay to win box that gave you a random pay to win item. So you had to keep paying to win to get the boxes to have a random chance of the box having the pay to win item so that you could do everything above to pay to win.

Translation:
I want a rideword hat. It comes from a lucky box that you get from real life money and is only available this month. Next month will have a different box with different items. The box randomly drops 7 different items (not necessarily at the same rarity). I need to keep buying lucky boxes till it gives me the rideword hat. Then the rideword hat only does cool things If I upgrade it to +7. Things can break after +4 (which destroys the item) with the chance of it breaking increasing with each upgrade. I can buy an item with real life money to prevent it from breaking if it fails. That item doesn’t mean it will successfully be upgraded though. For more real life money I can buy upgrade items that have a higher success rate then the stuff that normally drops in game.

So real life money buys a box that might give you an item that you then use real life money to try and upgrade while using real life money to prevent it fro being destroyed. This is not made up. This is a real example from Ragnarok Online the game that tree of savior is the “spiritual successor” of

well, but wasn’t development handed over to another team or something? I remember hearing about how some crucial designers of RO left months/years after it came out, and that’s when all the nasty pay to win options became a near-necessity.

I could be wrong, though.

I’ll tell you something.

Is Tree of Savior Ragnarok’s “spiritual successor”? Yes, it is.

Does that mean it’ll be just like Ragnarok? Never in any world.

Why that?

Well, simply because IMC isn’t Gravity, our publisher isn’t Nexon and games nowaday tend to be shunned when they’re P2W (different from a decade ago).

1 Like
  1. Bandwagon fgts following op builds with over foking 80 classes to pick
  2. P2w system
  3. Kids acting like their parents are their btches
  4. Vip system, no fek vip system, the only privilage i see in vip system is allowing them to enter server first if theres a limit to how many people can enter at once
  5. Goddam SEA lags, gonna be hard to dodge
  6. Market inflation(but this stupid sht will always happen whenever a game has cunts who love reselling their stupid trash just to ruin other people’s hard work, next up a kepa doll for 5mil silver)
    oh almost missed one
  7. People comparing this to RO, i wanna add some curse words but i dont want people hurting their butts
2 Likes