Tree of Savior Forum

What about the new Thaumaturge?

Hello again !
I’m currently a Cryo1/Kino3 really happy to play Kino3, a really fun class :slight_smile: I planned to go Chrono3 to have a support build, but right now, I think to the possibility of going Thaumaturge (rank 2 or 3) instead, to be more offensive support :slight_smile:
Do you have any return of the new Thaumaturge ? It seems that the buffs scale better with int/spr, has someone tested it ? And what about Transpose ?
I know it’s not as popular as Chrono, but it can change with the patch and I love unpopular classes :wink:

As a Thaum3 I can tell you buffs are way better than before. Without any attribute points in Left and Right buffs it gives way more damages (pure INT).

My Thaum3 is lvl 270, Left buff is giving 500+ p/matk and Right buff 300+ p/matk or p/mdef. Now attributes are giving +50% at lvl 50. I didn’t test Transpose, but I don’t know if they changed anything about it, I was never using it.

Thanks for answer and nice news !
I haven’t see the new value, is it a lot of atk ? What are your base patk/matk without ?

The problem I read with Transpose was that, everytime you recast the buff (run out or still running), your current health became the same as your base health (without Transpose, for a Int build), you need to heal again, so not practical to use without a cleric.

I’m curious, what’s your build ? Do you think that Kino can work with Thauma ?

1 Like

Kinda off topic but out of curiosity does anyone know if the swell brain attribute does anything, maxed it out yesterday and didn’t see any stat changes gained…

I got about lvl 25 with swell brain attribute and it didnt change anything.

I got 800+ atk/ matk with swell left maxed attribute.

I noticed that swell brain attribute increased the bonus matk, not the INT. Translating from korean site also says it increases matk bonus and not INT.

Actually Swell Brain gives both INT and Matk.

1600/1800, I’m not in game to check. Casting Swell Brain before Left and Right buffs give me respectively +600 and +400, so a total of +1000 matk without any attribute.

My old build was Wizard > Pyro > Linker > Thaum3 > Pyro (and was about to go on Sage or Enchanter).

I tested Wiz > Cryo3 > Thaum3, insane damages to bosses, you can go with Rune Caster for R8, but it’s only for bosses, it’s pain in the ass to farm with that kind of build.

Today I also tested Wizard3 > Thaum3 > Warlock > Enchanter (just reached R8 today).

My final build will maybe without Thaum3 after all, yeh after all months leveling a Thaum and when they finally buff it a lot lol. I think Kino and Thauma can work, you can combine it with 1 rank of Cryo for the Ice Pressure Wall combo or with Pyro for Fire Pressure combo, but it’s way more risky.

my Thaum2 is lvl 209 i have L 528; R 223 (no atributes yet) i got this much investing 216 points in spr.
im testing it now, questing and killing mobs (as pyro3) and i think for solo play int is better for party buffer spr especialy if you have some summons

I was talking about the attribute. Does it increase the INT further? because I hav lvl 20 attribute and my swell brain still increases only 50 INT.

While the magic attack increased from 188 to 250+ with the attribute.

The % from the attribute is only for Matk I think.

how much does SPR add to the matk of Swell Brain??

so i used all my exp cards and dungeon resets and get myself to thaumaturge 3
at lvl 227 with 229 spr:
L arm 15 lvl all atributes: +834
R arm 7lvl , 30 points in atributes: +303
brain lvl 5 0 in atributes: +260 / +45 int
so after buffing i have 2263 magick attack

ok i swiched back to int (with some items 237) and after buffing i have 2654 magic attack
int buff to magic attack is just to good :wink:

on the side note, i advice to take 1 lvl transpose and after using it, drink hp potion for nice healing

Whats better to build a support Wizard, Thaumaturge or Chronomancer?
IDK why I always read that chrono is the support god, but thauma seams to give more damage for me and the party

In term of damage, yes. But it’s not always all about the damage I think. Chrono’s Haste gives everyone better kiting. Stop is good for survival sometimes. Pass shortens all skills’ cd in general, including damage skills or healing skills. Quicken is a nice boosting for those with decent normal atk too. IMO Chrono is a all rounder support and is needed in high-end hard content, while Thauma is more focused on the farming field.

I tried to push the buff with all INT/SPR gears (War Mage Set, Zachariel Bangle, Windia Rod, etc), at Max lv330 with all free stats. This is the result

1 Like

My first time to do a video, this is my Wiz3Thaum3Warlock2 solo dungeon 290 with decent equipment but still far from godly.
And it is very laggy for me when when opening the recorder, I have to use a lot of sleep to buffer my attacking and difficult to group them nicely. It could be faster in around 18-21min.

But overall, this build is quite viable due to tanky and strong DPS, just that lack of true skills or weapon yet to transcendence, else Energy Bolt and Magic Missiles would still pretty good. Compare to Elememe I think it is more difficult to solo unless with decent def/mdef.

I finally choose Wiz3 over Pyro2 because I think magic missile + sleep is better CC than Pyromancer, and Wiz3 skills short burst is more compatible with my x8 Chapparitions card.

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting ! The only problem I see with this build is the fact that it probably need a lot of investment and I’m not rich for the moment :confused: And I’m not sure that Thauma can be strong without attributes :confused:

whats the falloff dmg buff if it were to be say thauma 2 with maxed
skills?

Do I need spr investment for a Wiz2-Linker2-Thauma2-FF2 farm build? Or the spr from Equip would be enough to avoid using many sp pots?

First of all, I think the buff duration (with 25s lesser) is the biggest drawback if you solo dungeon 290, you will be so busy to rotate a lot of skills. If you are support in a party like world boss then you are fine.
Second, you will potentially lost 200+45INT ~ 300 Matk for swell brain, then around 300-400 Atk/Def on each arms which will greatly, especially the Def is so important. You can use only use cheap equipments all thanks to the 850+ def/mdef on my right arm.
Third, not so important since Mastema is strong enough to kill anything without debuff. But shrink body duration scale with mastema as well if you will face stronger mobs in future.