Tree of Savior Forum

Western player install and play ToS and

Wathever let them complain, law will be at IMC side anyway andif any of thos publishers do something they’ll make IMC rich with all the money they’llk have to pay for breaking contracts

I’ll have to ask the person who originally posted that image. I thought I was imagining things when I noticed that some of the text looked off, but I thought nothing of it. I figured it was an image quality thing.

Why people still compare iToS with the KToS? x.x we are like 100 times more player to fill server?
If one guy writes “hey korean server are basically dead” guys who got no effing clue whats going on use the same quote over and over - and i bet my pants that not even 1/2 of them actually know what theyre talking about - or do you stalk their server 24/7
Knew people who called Ragnarok dead and “everyone” hyped WoW - well in your face boyz it lived well through and everyone was happy that such doomtalker (is that a word?) were gone - left the game for good and became WoW fanboyz
Even if Korean server is dead it doesn change a thing for us we are on the lucky side to have a Staff who listens to us - i even pm with them and get actual replies - where in the world does such a thing exist nowadays? Staff people talking to us?? i mean thats an effing lottery win!
Did you see what happened after the 3 month thing? some people trashtalked like no tomorrow and flagged the game…OUR game on steam - for stupid reasons - they effing flagged our game wich we were waiting for all this god damn time!!! wish i could just **** the flag into their ******* and ***** afterwards on them. i got all reasons to be mad cause im one of the peeps waiting here for the game to open!!! and no trashtalker in the world can change that fact!!!

stop the effing “korea is dead boyz game is dead boyz game p2w boyz let aöll quit boyz” all this crap is complete BS and i bet hudnrets out there think the same they just dont say it

giving suggestions etc is all fine discuss what could be changed and what not - but would you like if somebody says “hey you i hate your **** face its so **** s**** it into somebodies **** oh ya btw i could get some make up for you would you like it?” thats “basically” what some people do

“but mommy if threads dont exist nobody will listen” as explained above you can discuss stuff without calling the end of the world - then mad guys like me wouldn pop and play the shiny golden knight

the game isn dead - the game wont die - there are couple loyal guys who know how hard it can be to please everyone - specially those who got kids and know it can be tough at times! IMC got thousends of !kids! to please and yes adults can be kids too specially when hey think the end is near

2 Likes

You don’t know that, we have no idea what kind of contracts IMC sign off whit their publishers, it’s not uncommon for publishers to add a ‘‘Fairness of service’’ in their contracts to ensure all versions of the game will have around the same business models to not eat each others fan base.

if this is the case IMC’s hands are tied.

1 Like

Nexon Korea has nothing to say about International version.
IMC self-publish the game in steam and can change the whole game if want.

1 Like

First of all, you can buy tokens for silver. Whales can and will be selling these on Market in great supply, so if you’re a good player and you know how to farm you will have no problems affording these at higher levels. Tokens and all of the benefits they provide aren’t exactly P2W when you can get them without ever spending a single dollar.

I agree with the magic scroll business - they’ve got to go. Whales have enough of an advantage over f2p players in the ability to legally RMT by selling market tokens. The scrolls are abusive.

But regarding trade restrictions, and locking them behind tokens, well - I am a western player and I support these trade restrictions to make RMT and botting more difficult and less effective. That is allegedly why these crazy restrictions exist.

Or I would support them, anyway. If they worked. They don’t. I made a thread in the suggestion forum about exactly what the problem is and how to solve it. You might be interested in reading that.

You missed the point, even if Nexon isn’t publishing the game IMC as a contract whit them and whit other publishers that can limit how much they can change their version of the game in order for it to be a fair business model for all versions.

People underestimate what kind of contract young devs are willing to sign off when they start out and need a platform badly to get their games out the door and many of these seal the games fates long before it hits international waters.

The problem isn’t if ToS is P2W or not, the problem is how IMC limits the player.

All game company treat (and should treat) free players as potential customers (because they are).
With incredibly strong limits on free player they not encourage the player to pay, they encourage the player to leave the game.

Regional contract.
Nexon Korea contract with IMC is about Korean ToS, nothing more, nothing less.

IMC has a contract now with Valve in the same time when they publish a game in Steam. (for sales, player data, etc).

Nexon can’t say anything about iToS, only to manage kToS.
(Because Nexon doesn’t own IMC)

Again you’re missing the point, but if you actually want to think IMC as that much power over ITos business model fell free to do so.

They are treating you as potential customers. You have the potential to buy a token, either from their store, or from another player.

I just can’t get behind your anger because you can just buy tokens with silver, and all of the free player limitations you’re so mad about vanish.

http://www.obscure.co.uk/articles-2/computer-game-publishing/

this should help

“If the developer and publisher have an ongoing relationship then the publisher’s main contact with the developer will be a producer. Usually the developer will discuss future ideas with the producer, who in turn will pass on these concepts to the publisher. Those developers that do not have an existing relationship will need to go through a more formal acquisition process.”

quite sure nexon didn fund IMC

I’m not mad. Look at the western market, you can’t find a game with restrictions like this.

It is an old and bad business model. As I said, is like an abusive mobile game, but a model what doesn’t work for mmorpgs in western market.

I’m a game developer and I know what I’m talking about.
To give Nexon power over iToS need other contract being NexonNA or/and NexonEU.

Possibly yes, but even if IMC doesn’t owe Nexon anything they could hold out simply do to possible future partnership.

If IMC ever plans on making more games in the future they will need publishers and if they screw over there publishers whit ITos it will be very hard for them to find anybody who wants to publish anything for them in the future.

In the best case scenario they can work something out whit them to change some content across all versions.

Steam.

Valve is who publish the game in the western market in exchange for 30% of sales

You still don’t seem to get why the restrictions exist. They exist to poison RMT. Find me a f2p game of this style with no trade restrictions that is both highly popular and not packed with bots, and then you’ll have a case.

Yeah… this game will be the best game ever since everyone will have to grind silver for the token every single month waiting for whales to just rise the price more and more and more untill buying the token with silver will just need the whole month of grinding and noone will actually play the game anymore.

But wathever who cares? ^^ The important fact here is another one. like far cry 3 badass enemy says: “folly is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result” in this reguard then what IMC is doing is utmost folly in it’s purest form since:

• what they’re doing already failed BAD in korea and the game is already dieing there
  • every other western MMO that had this kind of limitation completely disappeared from the market a long time ago for a reason as far as i know.

So well, it’s not like this time the outcome will differ: you keep doing the same thing you’ll get the same result… as far as these limitations goes the non avoidable result is the game failure in the near future

P.S: i know it’s not “vaas original quote” the one about folly, i just like the way he says it so don’t stress me over it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Blade and Soul or Tera. Even Archeage.

If you can’t be bothered to pay for a token and you can’t be bothered to ever farm silver you will never in a million years spend money on that actual game in any way.

Consequently, your opinion doesn’t count, ever.

Dear Diary. Today I just got told by someone that Blade and Soul and TERA don’t have bot problems. Then I left the conversation forever, laughing, because I realized I couldn’t actually talk to someone who was so imperceptive they couldn’t look up and see the sky.

So you’d want them to do whatever they want whit Itos despite any migration issues it could cause other versions of the game and then simply use Steam as a platform for any future releases?

I mean i guess they could but that’s kind of rude for their current publishers abroad.