Tree of Savior Forum

Weekly OP Cleric cry thread

well you pretty much proved op’s point

oh sheet, you talkin about Exquise’s Nimrod :astonished:

Austrine should receive the same treatment Revive got which is reduced time in TBL (to at most 8 seconds).

But don’t fret!
Diev might get nerfed soon now. The game always tries to mess with me, that way I already managed to summon the Halloween Event (A day before it was announced I told my friends that I am going to do the server a favor and finally give in to spend most of my money for a Battle Bracelet just to get trolled by a BB event the day after. Did it and next day we had Halloween announced. Money well wasted.)
And now I rolled a Diev. But as I won’t actively play this char until Miko we probably still need to wait for the nerf.

5 Likes

are u him then? ahaha

btw, before this aus have been nerf in tbl
veritas explain it clearly in his post
but dunno why suddenly it got buff again rofl
imc surely love cleric ofcourse xD

nope just his guildy, key is inqui + magas, he’s pretty much the only inqui I know donning that low-grade weap, well at least it’s a +3 . lol

Please… Ausrine was already OP pre-buff…
The problem is and always has been the knock immunity granted by the statue.

That works only on bad players.
Stalling the match isn’t a counter.
If it was this easy, the Diev team could stall the match in the same way after, while waiting for Ausrine CD.

All theses Diev who lie to themselves and try to believe that their class isn’t OP…
Seems like you have short memory, maybe I should quote you.

Universally useful class. Cooldown reduction, AoE no limit silence, invulnerability, and fantastic AoE damage.

Cooldown reduction (R1) ? Only Chrono is better for that but you can pair it with (only) a Diev for an even better effect.
AoE no limit silence (R2) ? Diev or gtfo.
Mobile Invulnerability (R3) ? Diev or gtfo (Mack+SZ doesn’t work because of the lack of knock immunity + is easy to counter in pvp, Sterea prevents you from moving)
Fantastic AoE damage (R2) ? Lot of classes give that, why not Diev too :slight_smile:

Bonus : Earth Tower 1/F Solo

tldr : Diev is bad, learn to play.

2 Likes

That’s hardly the case. These aren’t stalling methods. They work fine as preventive measures before the enemy team can even take Ausrine at the beginning of a match. I PvP at high ELO many times, as a Diev at that.

Cooldown reduction is only relevant in PvE. If you think you can consistently make use of CDR in PvP then I’m not sure you’re familiar with how the skill works with skill updating being mandatory to even trigger the effect (you simply don’t get CDR just for being in the aura). AoE silence is only relevant in the zone of the statue (seriously, just walk out, it’s not difficult) and more importantly it’s only a level one debuff.

If you’re getting hit by owl you literally have no one to blame but yourself. Not to mention it’s easily destroyed. The smart players actually remove statues because they’re hardly an effort to disable. It’s also not very strong in R8 PvE magic resistances at all. It falls under the many skills that have a hard time piercing defenses.

Ausrine pre-buff was strong but was not the deciding factor, very hardly. In fact many times the last person to take it would have less than 5 seconds of it before it fell off when engaging the enemy because of the time reduction. There’s a big difference between re-taking an 8 second invulnerability vs. a 22 second invulnerability as well.

People get trashed by Dievdirbys without thinking how to play against it. There’s evidenced plenty who can defeat it without having it.

1 Like

since when aus give knockdown immunity too?
i still get knockdown by many skill when im in aus
ex: monk kamehameha knock me far away when itry to adv to enemy base

It gives hit-stun immunity and some knockdown immunity (but not absolute). Certain skills will still knock you down, such as Energy Blast. In PvE, things like Glass Mole and really most direct-contact knockdowns will still knock you down as well.

Your main is Diev and also looks like you are used to TBL, I see your point in each one of your explications, but also looks like you state Diev’s as a non strong class.

Yea you said it, it’s pretty easy to walk out of world tree zone, avoid owls or walk out of Laima, but seems like you aren’t considering that TBL’s map isn’t that big, in which 10 players are inside and statues radius aren’t that small.

It’s fine, you admit Ausine is pretty much a broken skill (IMO and others players opinion probably the best one), but come on, isn’t that hard to play a full CON diev and having really good results, just make us a favour and don’t look a single retard person point of view who criticises a whole server because there are 2 dievs in it’s top 10 lmao

Eventhough, above everything and forgetting diev’s being OP, this is what this thread is all about:
Cleric C2 - Dievdirbys C3 - Oracle C1 - Kabbalist C1 - Inquisitor C1 is just an all-encompassing build. Heals, immunities, a damage reflect that is now very threatening since everyone’s damages are particularly high now, and a class that requires no investing to kill a majority of players. This build is fairly poor for PvE that being said but it has all that it needs to kill your average player while resisting most offenses.

There is nothing more to be said on this.

1 Like

Benefiting from Laima’s CDR isn’t difficult though.

note: I didn’t really have to cast the skills before weapon swapping. I just did that to show that cd reductions weren’t applying yet. You can go straight to weapon swapping after casting Laima

1 Like

Pears CD 20 secs - dunno how many skills but the few that can be casted to block this pears: Hellbreath or stone skin - +1 min CD.

Fairness at it’s finest lmao.

Iron Skin :smirk:

Just run cleric man

@neith720 - I’m not stating Dievdirbys isn’t a strong class. It’s wonderful when played effectively, but the class is fairly locked to a few strong suits while the rest of it is very easily countered. Silence and slow are easily negated by protection, owl is easily avoided and destroyed. If there isn’t status immunity on the other side (more common at lower ELO) then it exerts some crazy pressure, but there are more threatening things when there’s no status prevention anyways (Restrain + Rush, Broadhead Arrow, Stop, etcetera). There is simple counter-play to most of the Dievdirbys kit.

It’s only Ausrine that requires a bit of thinking to play against and admittedly the skills that allow you to fight Ausrine are limited to a few jobs. The glaring issue of everyone doing so much damage is also a point to be made, and matches can be decided in 20 seconds if players know what they’re doing or if the appropriate counters aren’t in their way. This is why I’d propose all damage taken in TBL to be halved and a damage erosion system be added (lose 2% of max HP for every 10% of damage you take, reset at the beginning of every round).

With damages as high as they are now Ausrine is seeing more prevalence. People are also following the Inquisitor build mindlessly because it truly requires next to nothing to be played strong investment-wise. But there is a very good reason Priest was stronger in TBL previously and a very good reason why Priest is still very strong today. In the PvE-front, there are a fair amount of reasons why KR teams prefer Priest over Dievdirbys, even in Solmiki zone.

Also, for what it’s worth, so long as you aren’t wearing plate pears are fairly negligible when you walk over them. They’re disgusting if you trigger them with magic of course. I don’t really enjoy fighting Inquisitor because I think their kit is a little strong with little investment and easy to use, but I end up playing the kill-them-before-they-kill-me strategy anyways.

@tampon - Yes weapon swap works but it’s extremely easy to forget to weapon swap and it’s extraordinarily difficult to have others you play with weapon swap for it. Laima’s CDR being useless is more relevant to PvP, especially since you’re likely to not stay inside the Laima zone anyways. In PvE, you can just do a skill update with Zemyna, which fixes the CDR issue for everyone inside Zemyna’s radius.

Did you see my vid? I didn’t even have to stay inside Laima. My cooldowns get shortened even when I go out of Laima’s AoE, even when Laima is already gone. I run dungeons just casting Laima at the start, weapon swap, and never cast it again.

Never had that problem but people can edit their hotkey xml and add WEAPONSWAP_SWAP_EQUIP() to the Laima UpScp.

3 Likes

I see. Then weapon swapping might be a more effective way to trigger Laima then. I always neglected it only because it was far too much of a hassle to get teammates to do it, to the point of having to remind them every single time. Zemyna, since there’s a skill update every time you enter or exit it’s radius, seems to properly reset the cooldown after Laima’s effect ends.

I don’t knock you for it, but that’s an interesting bug to maintain permanent 20% CDR.

I think Linker 2 + Scout make an entire team invisible is more OP, wait for Ausrine/Revive expired.

its u who complain that diev3 can own ur server in top10, not me rofl
and its u who fight them not me rofl
its also you who cant beat the lvl130 diev3 in your server
huehuehue…

kino3sage cant fight lvl130diev3?
shame on u rofl

@ thread opener and all other whiners

Are you not out of tear liquid already? I suppose you have dried up weeks ago.

Im sure youre just trolling - otherwise I cant imagine a person stupid enough to compare a 5v5 Situation, in which a single ausrine can carry the 4 other players by giving them invul with a 1v1 Situation r8 sage vs r5 diev alone.

So youre either a jerk or idiot. Pick one.

1 Like