Tree of Savior Forum

We need to talk, bro

maybe someone kept on reporting you on your afk bee farming ? ‘w’?

or maybe they thought you’re associated with the said person owO;;; (as an alt)

well, temp ban usually means your account is being investigated so it’s not a permanent ban that proved you’ve done something wrong Owoy

Why would I be singled out, out of all of the other afk farmers, who were not banned or warned.
No one has ever been banned for afk farming. And obviously the GMs know about it. That GM even said to push them off the pillar with ice wall…

1 Like

interesting, but appear difficult to low spec machines, not that ToS is optimized or anything, but still runs anyway before crash

While your defense is not compelling, and others transgressions from other players don’t justify your defense either, you are right in the fact you should receive the motive you are being suspended.

The fact THEY are unable to specify why you are being banned shows disinterest with the truth and lack of professionalism.

1 Like

About Kurtzpell:

GTX970
8gb ram
intel I7-7700k

I play it on 1080p - max settings 80fps / and 4k - high settings - 60 fps out of the city and pvp areas. 50 fps inside the city, and its was only Beta!

They have never banned or spoken against afk bokors, ever. They patched out afk necros, and now they are going to patch out afk bokors. I specifically asked them what their stance is on afk bokors, and was ignored.

And also, as I mentioned in my ticket, if I don’t know what I’ve been banned for, how can I know not to do it again.

I guess they have now! :C

how do you know its a 15 day ban?

1 Like

Sent ticket asking why I can’t log in. That’s the only reason I know why…

1 Like

They can’t be bothered to list reasons…

1 Like

I asked them for reasons and they refused. Due to … “reasons”

Is there any way I can escalate my request to find out why I was banned? Because this all seems very fishy to me. I don’t buy their explanation of a security issue if they were to tell me why. What kind of business is this. This is ridiculous.

Ask them you would like to know the specifics in order to prevent any future bans. Or, make another ticket, and pray another employee answers

Ya, that’s exactly what I said, and they wouldn’t answer. I want to know what I did wrong so that I will not do it again. I can try and send another ticket.

emoticon_0037

1 Like

This makes sense from a company standpoint - if IMC tells someone why they are banned that gives them additional knowledge of how to work around their violation, as well as display that information publicly which can be used by others.

Saying 3rd party program or RMT isn’t specific enough.

Saying: "You were banned for using “____” bot service, is.

Now everyone knows that IMC is specifically recognizing that bot service and will move to other ones or find new ways to exploit based on the coding of that bot service.

It’s general bad practice for an MMO company to give specifics on bans, not just IMCing here.

Absolutely not. But here they don’t even give any hints as to why someone was banned.

People need to know why they got banned so they don’t get banned again. Simply saying “lol you violated the tos so just don’t violate the tos again and you’ll be fine” is stupid as hell.
People also need to be able to appeal their bans too.

GGG (Path of Exile devs) do it so why can’t IMC do it too? They tell you why you got banned because bans aren’t always for botting and can be anything ranging from RMTing to abusing the chat functions.
Most recent ban drama in PoE I heard about was some prominent streamer getting banned for “inciting/promoting RMT” because he briefly showed an RMTing site on stream. Needless to say the incident was easily resolved because he knew what he did (or did not, in this case) do wrong and could appeal the ban.

1 Like

If I were in IMC’s shoes I wouldn’t want to tell someone exactly why they were banned when they made a thread on the public forums screencapping ticket responses and generally being sarcastic and belittling.

Perhaps they would tell someone who was being slightly more cordial.

Generally speaking, it is up to the player to read, agree, and act according to the Terms of Service. It isn’t the companies responsibility to explain why it was violated, and there are good reasons why they wouldn’t.

• Opens the door for exploits that are tailored around the specific reason a person was banned.
  • Means that every single ban will need to be given a reason, otherwise your playerbase will complain you are playing favorites (and you would be)
  • Sets the implication that the banned party is the victim, and not the perpetrator.
2 Likes